View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15801 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Details on WWE Possibly Bringing FCW to The Network   Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:49 pm

Quote :
WWE's developmental territory Florida Championship Wrestling held a taping two weeks ago at Full Sail University in Orlando, Florida. The show was held to see about potentially using the building for tapings of a new show. No word yet if that show will be a local FCW television show or a program on the WWE Network.

The current FCW show suffers because the sparse crowd is always the same people and it looks bad on TV.

FCW taped three shows that night - a one-hour show with FCW talents, a thirty-minute show with FCW talents and another thirty-minute show with WWE Superstars Drew McIntyre & Cody Rhodes vs. Sheamus & Daniel Bryan.

Triple H was in attendance overseeing everything and a combination of Jim Ross, Byron Saxton and Chris Russo was used as announcers. The shows taped were all pilots and experimental, and there's no word yet if they will ever air.

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something." - Eminem
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7042 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Details on WWE Possibly Bringing FCW to The Network   Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:13 pm

WWE Network. Where will it be showing? I doubt it will be on british TV? can UK fans watch it???
Back to top Go down
mrtc2003
NXT Champion
NXT Champion

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Details on WWE Possibly Bringing FCW to The Network   Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:47 pm

Mackem wrote:
WWE Network. Where will it be showing? I doubt it will be on british TV? can UK fans watch it???

According to Power Slam it's meant to debut in April but I think only in the US at the moment. No word on a UK deal.
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Details on WWE Possibly Bringing FCW to The Network   Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:32 am

I can see this WWE Network being a complete flop XFL-style. There is such a thing as too much wrestling and the fact that they are doing "reality" programmes with the Legends instead of having them on RAW and Smackdown as mouth pieces and managers for people who arent good on the mic just screams "failure imminent" to me.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Number of posts : 12878

PostSubject: Re: Details on WWE Possibly Bringing FCW to The Network   Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:09 am

boschbourne06 wrote:
Quote :
TNA suffers because the sparse crowd is always the same people and it looks bad on TV.

World Champion Winner At WM
World Champion Winner At WM

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

PostSubject: Re: Details on WWE Possibly Bringing FCW to The Network   Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:44 am

Saint Jimmy wrote:
I can see this WWE Network being a complete flop XFL-style. There is such a thing as too much wrestling and the fact that they are doing "reality" programmes with the Legends instead of having them on RAW and Smackdown as mouth pieces and managers for people who arent good on the mic just screams "failure imminent" to me.

...Just ask the people behind The Wrestling Channel on Sky, which later became The Fight Network because they added MMA to it, but from what I hear it flopped and channel got scrapped (I don't know for sure as I don't have Sky).
Back to top Go down
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7042 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Details on WWE Possibly Bringing FCW to The Network   Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:37 am

I think it may do ok to be honest. Put on WCW shows and PPV's, ECW shows and PPV's, NXT, FCW and a few house shows and you have quite a bit material.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Number of posts : 12878

PostSubject: Re: Details on WWE Possibly Bringing FCW to The Network   Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:16 pm

didnt vince want wwe to be a brand in itself not just wrestling? Is wwe network not the first venture into this? Or is it really just a wrestling channel?

Last edited by Sexton Hardcastle on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grecian

Number of posts : 5531

PostSubject: Re: Details on WWE Possibly Bringing FCW to The Network   Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:27 pm

Worthy wrote:
Saint Jimmy wrote:

...Just ask the people behind The Wrestling Channel on Sky, which later became The Fight Network because they added MMA to it, but from what I hear it flopped and channel got scrapped (I don't know for sure as I don't have Sky).

The Fight Network flopped, but mostly because it didn't have WWE. It was the firtst channel to screen TNA in the UK, until Bravo bought it when they started signing Sting and Kurt Angle. They then had to fill their schedules with Ring of Honor (I used to watch this all the time), crappy British promotions, and really old Japanese footage. As most of the wrestlers and promotions were complete nobodies, it was pretty much doomed from the start.

At least the WWE network will have brand recognition, wrestlers people have heard of, 20+ years of WWE, WCW and ECW footage to screen...

Also, the idea of the Legends House could be awesome; if they screen it live and whack the Iron Sheik in there, the comedy would be endless. And if thwey really went for it, and made a fly-on-the-wall documentary on the Ultimate Warrior...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Details on WWE Possibly Bringing FCW to The Network   

Back to top Go down

Details on WWE Possibly Bringing FCW to The Network
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum :: Wrestling News-
Jump to: