Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dwindow
Vinces Bitch

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Randy Orton injured at Smackdown   Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:00 am

Quote :
In an update on Randy Orton's injury at the SmackDown tapings last night, we can report that it was an issue with his back. We believe it had to do with at least one of the discs in his back. No word on how severe the injury is as of this writing.

He has also been pulled from house shows
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch

Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: Randy Orton injured at Smackdown   Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:08 pm

Quote :
We can report that the Randy Orton injury was a pre-existing injury. Orton has been protected in recent outings, since about December 19th, so that he would not have to do too much physically on TV.

Orton could miss up to six months of in-ring time, causing him to miss WrestleMania 28. An official update from WWE should be available soon.

At this point, the plan looks to be to move one of the RAW matches to the SmackDown tour to help fortify the lineups starting tonight.
Back to top Go down
Hardcore Waffles
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

Location : Trapped in Matt Hardy's rolls of flab Number of posts : 524 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk
Zack Ryder
Kurt Angle

PostSubject: Re: Randy Orton injured at Smackdown   Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:48 pm

got to move a star to smackdown then, severe lack of main eventers
Back to top Go down
hodge13
Most decorated Champion in history

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Randy Orton injured at Smackdown   Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:50 pm

This could now go either way for Barrett, putting Orton on the shelf would be a real notch for him, however if the writers now have nothing for him to do it could be bad for him.
Back to top Go down
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Randy Orton injured at Smackdown   Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:58 pm

Having thought about it, does it not smell of a work? what 6 weeks or so from the rumble in his hometown, to return and win the rumble....
Back to top Go down
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7042 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Randy Orton injured at Smackdown   Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:13 pm

Surely they can Build Sheamus better now with Ortons injury? Either him or Bring back Mr Ass??
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15800 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Randy Orton injured at Smackdown   Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:31 pm

Hardcore Waffles wrote:
got to move a star to smackdown then, severe lack of main eventers

CM Punk

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something." - Eminem
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
dwindow
Vinces Bitch

Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: Randy Orton injured at Smackdown   Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:42 pm

So potentially at WrestleMania they will be without Mysterio, Sin Cara and now Orton that spells bad news for WWE.

What's frustrating is Morrison would've been perfect for this switch to Smackdown to be one of the top babyfaces but that ship has well and truly sailed. I doubt they'd move Punk at the moment as he's WWE champion, my guess is they will either promote Seth Rollins if this tour he's doing goes we'll and debut him as an upper midcarder or push DiBiase hard for a few weeks to build him toward the main event.

It's strange but this is exactly what WWE needs, this is the only way they will ever build new main eventers.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Randy Orton injured at Smackdown   Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:45 pm

hodge13 wrote:
Having thought about it, does it not smell of a work? what 6 weeks or so from the rumble in his hometown, to return and win the rumble....

Not a work as such (I don't see the point of making an Orton win that elaborate. just have him win fair and square), but I see what you're trying to suggest.

Yeah, I do think that if there's a fairly high chance he could make WrestleMania, they'll have him win the Rumble (via a short No 30 cameo) and then let him rest until Mania itself.

Regarding a Punk move to SmackDown, who will then replace Punk on RAW? R Truth???
Back to top Go down
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7042 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Randy Orton injured at Smackdown   Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:49 pm

Rocky wrote:
Regarding a Punk move to SmackDown, who will then replace Punk on RAW? R Truth???

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Randy Orton injured at Smackdown   Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:54 pm

Mackem wrote:
Rocky wrote:

Very Happy

Even as a face? Because that's the role he'll have to fill, especially considering the only other main event face on RAW (Cena) is tied up right now.

I'd give Kofi another push, if Punk does need to move to SmackDown. With the splitting of Air Boom, WWE can then really fuck Evan Bourne over. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: Randy Orton injured at Smackdown   Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:58 pm

Always been a fan of R-Truth, even before his heel turn. He's one of my guilty plessures.

Personally, I'd move Ziggler to SD and make him face.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend

PostSubject: Re: Randy Orton injured at Smackdown   Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:03 pm

Mackem wrote:
Always been a fan of R-Truth, even before his heel turn. He's one of my guilty plessures.

Personally, I'd move Ziggler to SD and make him face.

Fair enough. I didn't mind face Truth either, but couldn't see him as a main eventer.

So, currently SmackDown without Orton has:
Faces - Big Show, Daniel Bryan, Sheamus
Heels - Mark Henry, Wade Barrett, and I'll throw in Christian

I think that'll do until the Draft, or when Orton returns, whichever comes first. Even if the ratings are shit...well, the ratings are always shit for SmackDown.
Back to top Go down
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: Randy Orton injured at Smackdown   Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:05 pm

Agreed, didn't see him as a main eventer.

Throw in Cody Rhodes in the heel catigory foe the heels.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend

PostSubject: Re: Randy Orton injured at Smackdown   Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:12 pm

Mackem wrote:
Agreed, didn't see him as a main eventer.

Throw in Cody Rhodes in the heel catigory foe the heels.

You could add Ezekiel Jackson to the faces, and just stick him in a filler feud with Henry, freeing up Rhodes to face any of Big Show, Bryan or Sheamus.
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch

Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: Randy Orton injured at Smackdown   Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:20 pm

Please no Ezekial Jackson!!
Back to top Go down
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Randy Orton injured at Smackdown   Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:23 pm

Rocky wrote:
hodge13 wrote:

Not a work as such (I don't see the point of making an Orton win that elaborate. just have him win fair and square), but I see what you're trying to suggest.

Yeah, I do think that if there's a fairly high chance he could make WrestleMania, they'll have him win the Rumble (via a short No 30 cameo) and then let him rest until Mania itself.

Would add the supprise factor for a big pop in his hometown, have Barrett eliminating people left, right and centre looking as though he will win, have him say eliminate about 7 or 8 people making him look strong, no one left who can stop him it seems but wait out comes Orton for revenge and eliminates Barrett.

Also could this put the brakes on any potential Cena heel turn? Losing Orton for 6 months, take away Cena for his heel turn you're left with Punk and who for main faces of the company? If they chose to carry same path with Cena, my guess would be that Triple H picks up his schedule slightly and could switch to SD in the draft, have him work the pre recorded SD if he's due to be backstage anyway and it wouldn't put that greater strain on him I don't think.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend

PostSubject: Re: Randy Orton injured at Smackdown   Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:38 pm

dwindow wrote:
Please no Ezekial Jackson!!

But he's the last ever ECW Champion!!! If you can't appreciate the prestigious lineage a belt like that holds, then quite frankly, you should leave now. Wink
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend

PostSubject: Re: Randy Orton injured at Smackdown   Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:41 pm

hodge13 wrote:
Rocky wrote:
hodge13 wrote:

Would add the supprise factor for a big pop in his hometown, have Barrett eliminating people left, right and centre looking as though he will win, have him say eliminate about 7 or 8 people making him look strong, no one left who can stop him it seems but wait out comes Orton for revenge and eliminates Barrett.

Also could this put the brakes on any potential Cena heel turn? Losing Orton for 6 months, take away Cena for his heel turn you're left with Punk and who for main faces of the company? If they chose to carry same path with Cena, my guess would be that Triple H picks up his schedule slightly and could switch to SD in the draft, have him work the pre recorded SD if he's due to be backstage anyway and it wouldn't put that greater strain on him I don't think.

Isn't Mysterio due back soon? He could also fill the role you just described for Triple H. All this debate over "who goes where", due to a single injury highlights for me the considerable work that WWE still need to do in creating new stars. Just imagine if Punk's push never happened this year...
Back to top Go down
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Randy Orton injured at Smackdown   Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:02 pm

They do need instant star factor which Triple H could provide and I suppose Mysterio.

Rey is expected back april/may time but doesn't want to push his injuries. Sin Cara wasn't expected back till after Mania but wants his Mania pay cheque so is pushing himself to get back for mania.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Randy Orton injured at Smackdown   Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:57 am

McIntyre's back on SD.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
therustman
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event

PostSubject: Re: Randy Orton injured at Smackdown   Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:01 pm

dwindow wrote:
So potentially at WrestleMania they will be without Mysterio, Sin Cara and now Orton that spells bad news for WWE.

What's frustrating is Morrison would've been perfect for this switch to Smackdown to be one of the top babyfaces but that ship has well and truly sailed. I doubt they'd move Punk at the moment as he's WWE champion, my guess is they will either promote Seth Rollins if this tour he's doing goes we'll and debut him as an upper midcarder or push DiBiase hard for a few weeks to build him toward the main event.

It's strange but this is exactly what WWE needs, this is the only way they will ever build new main eventers.

----

True but Orton was much more likely than Cena to lay down, like he did for Henry

Last edited by therustman on Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: Randy Orton injured at Smackdown   Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:22 pm

As McIntyre is back on Smackdown this could be an opportunity for him stake a claim in the main event scene on Smackdown. A potential face-turn for him could be the trick.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
Grecian

Number of posts : 5526

PostSubject: Re: Randy Orton injured at Smackdown   Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:22 pm

dwindow wrote:

I'd rather it was Cena who was hurt. Orton's too good in-ring for this to bea good thing, he made Mark Henry and Cody Rhodes look great in recent weeks, not to mention that great run with Christian.

Sheamus has to be the guy to step up, he's wasted on Jinder Mahal.
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch

Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: Randy Orton injured at Smackdown   Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:39 pm

True Grec but I think this will shock Vince into realising how thin talent actually is
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Randy Orton injured at Smackdown   

Back to top Go down

Randy Orton injured at Smackdown
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum :: Wrestling News-
Jump to: