View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15800 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: John Cena Says Vince McMahon and Triple H Wanted Him Fired Years Ago   Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:25 pm

Quote :
John Cena sat down with Brian Soscia of The Soscia Network for a Q&A session with fans. Highlights from the interview are as follows:

Who is left if he defeats The Rock at WrestleMania XXVIII: "Honestly, this is what I like about April 1, you have a definitive number one being decided. I think at that point it is anybody's game to try to take somebody off the mountain. We're at a period in WWE, WrestleMania is truly the end of an era. Triple H vs. Undertaker, Shawn Michaels is a special referee, John Cena vs. The Rock. One of those names, one of those names is a full-time employee for this company and you're looking at him.

"So I think WrestleMania is a platform, as it always is, for new Superstars - Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, C.M. Punk, Cody Rhodes, Team Laurinaitis, Team Teddy Long. Anyone can step up. I'm going to be there on the top of the mountain with my fists up waiting for someone to challenge me. I think everybody is going to watch WrestleMania and enjoy it, but I think everyone behind the curtain, behind the wall that I'm not supposed to talk about, is going to be watching as hungry as they can be knowing that they want to face the winner of that match."

Advice to younger wrestlers: "Never give up. Back in 2003, 2002, when I was just wearing boots and tights and I was supposed to be the ruthless aggression young good guy, nobody in the company liked me. I know Vince McMahon won't admit this, but he wanted me fired, Triple H wanted me fired, everybody hated me. They just wouldn't give me a forum to showcase my talents. I've always been able to connect with the audience if given the ability to speak.

"I got that ability and I was off to the races. I was up against all odds. I wasn't born into this business. I'm not a third generation guy or a second generation guy. I'm just a dude who grew up a fan like all you guys and I wanted to do this my whole life. And I never gave up. That's the advice I give to all the young cats, all the guys who have been trying and trying, trying to make it, attempt after attempt. I've failed many times, but you never ever give up."

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something." - Eminem
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history

Number of posts : 5526

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Says Vince McMahon and Triple H Wanted Him Fired Years Ago   Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:02 pm

boschbourne06 wrote:
Quote :
nobody in the company liked me. I know Vince McMahon won't admit this, but he wanted me fired, Triple H wanted me fired, everybody hated me.

Bullshit - if Vince wanted him fired, he'd have been fired!
Back to top Go down
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Says Vince McMahon and Triple H Wanted Him Fired Years Ago   Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:48 pm

There's a difference between wanting someone fired and it being good for business to fire someone.

Also I think if this is true someone like Taker must have stood up for him backstage.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

Number of posts : 5526

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Says Vince McMahon and Triple H Wanted Him Fired Years Ago   Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:02 pm

I don't think being good or bad for business has ever stopped Vince from firing anyone - he fired the Ultimate Warrior the day after he main-evented Summerslam, fired Mr Kennedy after he made a well-received comeback after injury, agreed to let Bobby Lashley go after giving him one of the biggest pushes I've ever seen...

I'd imagine when this happened, Cena was just another expendable mid-carder, who Trips decided couldn't wrestle.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Number of posts : 12878

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Says Vince McMahon and Triple H Wanted Him Fired Years Ago   Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:08 pm

HHH may have just wanted to get rid but Vince would have seen potential for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ with his love for military etc.

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Says Vince McMahon and Triple H Wanted Him Fired Years Ago   

Back to top Go down

John Cena Says Vince McMahon and Triple H Wanted Him Fired Years Ago
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum :: Wrestling News-
Jump to: