View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15801 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Former Announcer Says WWE Wants To Get Rid Of Randy Orton 'Permanently'   Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:41 pm

Quote :
Fueling rumors that WWE may part ways with Randy Orton as a result of his second violation of the Talent Wellness Program, former WCW announcer Mark Madden stated Thursday on Twitter, "WWE wants to get rid of Orton PERMANENTLY. Character and popularity have plateaued, and he's a pain to deal with."

In response to his statement, a Twitter user asked Madden whether Vince McMahon has suddenly stopped liking money. Madden responded, "Vince thinks everybody is a WWE creation, and therefore disposable, to be replaced by another WWE creation. And you're overrating Orton."

The Wrestling Observer reported Wednesday that there is a 'small, vocal pocket' within the sports entertainment organization lobbying for his termination. Vince McMahon is reportedly contemplating the move, but many employees believe he will ultimately retain the nine-time world champion due to the lack of roster depth.

The Observer added that there are people within WWE saying Orton's hiatus 'isn't going to be that big a problem.' For the first time, employees are openly categorizing CM Punk as the second-ranked babyface rather than Punk and Orton being on the same level. Many also feel SmackDown's babyface side will be adequate with Sheamus, Christian, Sin Cara, Rey Mysterio returning soon from suspension and the option to turn Daniel Bryan at a moment's notice.

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something." - Eminem
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Former Announcer Says WWE Wants To Get Rid Of Randy Orton 'Permanently'   Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:24 pm

His character may be stagnant, but I would say he's never been more popular. He gets Cena-like reactions with the women and children, and unlike Cena, a lot of the blokes seem to cheer him too.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Former Announcer Says WWE Wants To Get Rid Of Randy Orton 'Permanently'   Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:13 pm

Hopefully not for long as he wants to return as a heel.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history

Number of posts : 5531

PostSubject: Re: Former Announcer Says WWE Wants To Get Rid Of Randy Orton 'Permanently'   Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:20 pm

I really rate Orton, he's been great for the past couple of years. Part of the reason he's plateaued is that he's pretty much faced everyone on the roster, with the exception of Daniel Bryan.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Former Announcer Says WWE Wants To Get Rid Of Randy Orton 'Permanently'   Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:56 pm

Grecian wrote:
I really rate Orton, he's been great for the past couple of years. Part of the reason he's plateaued is that he's pretty much faced everyone on the roster, with the exception of Daniel Bryan.

I think his matches have become better to watch (his DDT from the ropes aside, I don't like that move for some reason although it does get the crowd going). I also think he suffers a lot from being on SmackDown. I know most people would from being on the B show, but Edge seemed to get some decent storylines during his time on there, Orton not so much.
Back to top Go down
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Former Announcer Says WWE Wants To Get Rid Of Randy Orton 'Permanently'   Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:21 am

Turn him heel again, good few options what you can do with him. Route I would go with him is returning him as his arrogant self but claim his evolution is complete and he has gone from being legend killer to legend and that he is the best on the roster.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former Announcer Says WWE Wants To Get Rid Of Randy Orton 'Permanently'   

Back to top Go down

Former Announcer Says WWE Wants To Get Rid Of Randy Orton 'Permanently'
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum :: Wrestling News-
Jump to: