Most decorated Champion in history

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Would Batista return to WWE?   Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:16 am

During a Q&A session at Comic-Con last week, Dave Batista commented on a potential WWE return. Here is what he had to say… I'm not against going back. It's just definitely not going to be this year.

When asked in February of this year about leaving WWE and a possible return, he said: "The reason I left was the PG direction the company took, it got too corny for me. I was a hug fan of the edgy era of DX, Stone Cold Steve Austin and those guys. The change in direction really ruined it for me. It's well recorded I'm not a fan of the likes of John Cena or The Miz. It's such a different company these days and not in a good way.

If I did return to the WWE, it would be for a run not just a one-shot deal. I'd have to be a constant for them not someone who drifts in and out to boost ratings. If I did I'd love to work with Triple H again or Undertaker. They are the best workers there in my opinion and they'd make it worthwhile to return. The show would have to change though, so I can't see my return being anytime soon can you?

For me, the WWE is the number one wrestling organization. I'd hate to end my career somewhere that's a step down. If I go out, I go out on top and working for the company on top."

It was announced late last week that Batista's first professional MMA fight is set for October. The WWE alumni will fight October 6 in a bout promoted by CES. He will be fighting Rashid Evans (not the UFC's Rashad Evans) in a heavyweight fight. The card will be televised, though details aren't known. The fight is two years after Batista first announced his intention to go into MMA after he left WWE. He nearly fought with Strikeforce but that fizzled out and he opened an MMA gym in Florida.

-------

Looks like everything would rest on how his MMA fight goes, if he wins he will stick with it. Lose and he could go back to WWE I reckon.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Would Batista return to WWE?   Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:42 am

Who says WWE would want him back?
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Would Batista return to WWE?   Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:54 pm

he's pretty much an instant draw and could play a face or heel.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

Number of posts : 5526

PostSubject: Re: Would Batista return to WWE?   Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:24 pm

The state of the headline scene in WWE, they'd have him back in a heartbeat.
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: Would Batista return to WWE?   Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:50 pm

For anyone interested on Batista's fight prospects his opponent Rashid Evans is 1-2 in MMA with both losses coming by way of decision and his lone win being a TKO win within 10 seconds of the 1st round. Batista will have a 4" height advantage over Evans which should translate into a decent reach advantage for Batista. However no-one knows how Batista will fight and little is known about Evans but I'd expect Batista to win this one to tee up some interest in him fighting more well renowned names to make more money in future fights.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would Batista return to WWE?   

Back to top Go down

Would Batista return to WWE?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum :: Wrestling News-
Jump to: