Most decorated Champion in history

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Daniel Bryan wants Regal as manager   Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:48 pm

Daniel Bryan revealed in an interview with WWE Magazine that he has talked to William Regal about potentially being his on-air manager. Here is what he had to say…

"I would love to have William Regal as my manager and we've actually talked about it. There are so many entertaining bits we could do. He's such an entertaining character, so we've got some ideas, and I would love to do it."
Back to top Go down
Grecian

Number of posts : 5604

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan wants Regal as manager   Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:02 pm

I'd love Regal to front a pro-UK, anti-USA stable with Barrett, McIntyre, PAC and Paige in FCW. Him making anti-USA and pro British empire comments would be epic!
Back to top Go down
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan wants Regal as manager   Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:32 pm

Barrett needs to win a world title before he enters a stable again imo. Needs to cement himself at the top.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan wants Regal as manager   Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:51 pm

Can't see Barrett ever winning one. He's just another generic big guy, who stands out on the mic because there aren't many truly great mic-men in WWE at the moment. He's bland in-ring, and is just incredibly dull. I couldn't name one thing he does exceptionally well enough to ever be a world champ.

If he wins a world title ahead of some of the really great British guys of the past, it'll be a complete travesty.
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan wants Regal as manager   Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:14 pm

I like Barrett, he's got a good look and I could imagine him with a world title. I'm not disagreeing with Grecian about his in ring skills but he's good enough on the mic to pull it off and let's be honest, there's been much much worse world champions. I like the idea of the stable you suggested though, they all offer something a bit different in a group like that, only problem I can see is that Pac wouldn't be a great heel - he'd have all of these cool moves so would get cheered.

As for Bryan and Regal that could work well. I've always liked Regal and as a mouthpiece for Bryan could get him a lot of heat, if they went the comedy route then that could be funny too.
Back to top Go down
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan wants Regal as manager   Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:28 pm

Grecian wrote:
Can't see Barrett ever winning one. He's just another generic big guy, who stands out on the mic because there aren't many truly great mic-men in WWE at the moment. He's bland in-ring, and is just incredibly dull. I couldn't name one thing he does exceptionally well enough to ever be a world champ.

If he wins a world title ahead of some of the really great British guys of the past, it'll be a complete travesty.

Barrett will win a world title i'm sure of it, got the look, one of the pure genuine heels at main event level WWE has, Punk still gets cheered as does Bryan etc. so its only really Del Rio and Barrett and maybe Big Show. He's also not the worst in the ring either so easily a world championship contender for me.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan wants Regal as manager   Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:12 am

dwindow wrote:
I like the idea of the stable you suggested though, they all offer something a bit different in a group like that, only problem I can see is that Pac wouldn't be a great heel - he'd have all of these cool moves so would get cheered.

Which would set him up as the guy to split from the group and feud with Barrett - think Orton and Evolution, but with a likeable face.

Barrett, meh. He's average at too many things, and only really stands out as good on the mic because WWE has so many awful promoers, or guys who just don't get to speak that anyone who can string a sentence together is classed as a good promo. As the front man of the Nexus he did okay, but looking back at that group now, it's really only Otunga and Ryback getting any kind of booking attention, and Ryback has changed his name and gimmick entirely. Barrett isn't a strong enough personality, nothing he does is memorable, and I can't remember seeing a match of his that I've thought was a good match.

That said, totally agree there have been worse world champs. I just hope Barrett isn;t one of them.
Back to top Go down
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan wants Regal as manager   Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:59 pm

Survivor series Vs Randy Orton was alright, people mainly remember it because it was the free or fired match for Cena being ref but was alright. His fued with Orton again in his barrage was pretty good. A memorable moment for him is taking out Orton as well.
Back to top Go down
mrtc2003
NXT Champion
NXT Champion

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan wants Regal as manager   Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:09 am

Grecian wrote:

Barrett, meh. He's average at too many things, and only really stands out as good on the mic because WWE has so many awful promoers, or guys who just don't get to speak that anyone who can string a sentence together is classed as a good promo. As the front man of the Nexus he did okay, but looking back at that group now, it's really only Otunga and Ryback getting any kind of booking attention, and Ryback has changed his name and gimmick entirely. Barrett isn't a strong enough personality, nothing he does is memorable, and I can't remember seeing a match of his that I've thought was a good match.

Well technically Daniel Bryan was a member of Nexus (albeit not for long) and he's done alright for himself. Otherwise I agree entirely. I'd also agree that Barrett would be better of with Regal either in a stable or just the two of them. You only really need a manager if you're no good on the mic and that's not a problem for Byan.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan wants Regal as manager   Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:10 am

hodge13 wrote:
Survivor series Vs Randy Orton was alright, people mainly remember it because it was the free or fired match for Cena being ref but was alright. His fued with Orton again in his barrage was pretty good. A memorable moment for him is taking out Orton as well.

In other words, in about two and a half years of being an upper card player in WWE, he's had a couple of good matches with Orton (who has been excellent over the past couple of years), and that's it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan wants Regal as manager   

Back to top Go down

Daniel Bryan wants Regal as manager
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum :: Wrestling News-
Jump to: