boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15800 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: CM Punk vs. Rock   Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:05 pm

Quote :
With CM Punk retaining the WWE Championship against Ryback and John Cena at Survivor Series on Sunday, thereby likely solidifying an expected match with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson at Royal Rumble, the sports-entertainment organization's creative team has discussed a scenario where The Straight Edge Superstar would defeat The Great One at the annual January pay-per-view event. This would subsequently lead to Punk defending the title against The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXIX, and Johnson facing Cena in a non-title re-match at the same event.

Original creative plans called for Johnson to defeat Punk at the Rumble, leading to a match against Cena for the title—which could still occur. Creative has given thought to how Johnson winning the WWE Championship would impact the product since there would be no titles defenses at houses shows for over two months, and also add a new issue of whether he would defend the title at the February pay-per-view event, Elimination Chamber. Not awarding Johnson would rectify this problem.

Though the importance of the WWE Championship and the World Heavyweight Championship has diminished in recent years, one of the primary reasons that creative has yet to unify the belts is because they feel a title match should close out all house shows.

Quote :
There's a feeling that WWE is doing Punk wrong because he has held the WWE Title for over a year now and is still not featured on the promotional material for WrestleMania 29. There's also some concern about how Punk will react if The Rock does actually take the WWE Title from him at Royal Rumble. Some feel that if Punk isn't treated right during WrestleMania season, then there will be "hell to pay."

It's said that Punk has some pull in developmental, nowhere near the level of Triple H or someone like that, but Punk has gone in and told them they should push this guy or hire this guy. Punk is expected to be a big focus of the NXT storyline invasion in the coming months.

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something." - Eminem

Last edited by boschbourne06 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk vs. Rock   Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:06 pm

Hope they stick with Punk beating Rock. He shouldnt have to step aside for someone whos going to stay in the company for 5mins its not all about Rock now.

Also i no the streak should never be broken but Undertaker is now talking about one final high profile match then hes done why not let Punk end the streak his character now with the long title reign bragging about it would be class for tv.

Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history

Number of posts : 5526

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk vs. Rock   Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:11 pm

I think if anyone was going to end the Streak, it should have been Randy Orton at Mania 21 under the 'Legend Killer' phase, or John Cena in the past couple of years as part of a massive heel turn.

I don't want Punk to do it, it wouldn't boost his character at all. He's been WWE champ for a year, he doesn't need it. the guys who would need it would be the likes of Dolph Ziggler, someone who'll be around for years, and would need the boost. Someone like Cena, Lesnar, Orton now, Punk just don't need it.

That said, the Streak should never be broken.
Back to top Go down
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7042 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk vs. Rock   Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:57 pm

I'm not Takers biggest fan but I agree with Grec. It the streak was going to end is should of happened when Orton was the Legend Killer.

Regarding The Rock. I don't even want him back. Here for 5 minutes. He should never be in the title picture never mind winning it. The only way I'd be happy if The Rock won the title is if Dolph Ziggler cashed it in on him.
Back to top Go down
Horizon
World Champion Winner At WM
World Champion Winner At WM

Location : Bristol Number of posts : 2650 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk vs. Rock   Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:27 pm

Mackem wrote:
I'm not Takers biggest fan but I agree with Grec. It the streak was going to end is should of happened when Orton was the Legend Killer.

Regarding The Rock. I don't even want him back. Here for 5 minutes. He should never be in the title picture never mind winning it. The only way I'd be happy if The Rock won the title is if Dolph Ziggler cashed it in on him.

Dolph can only cash in for the World Heavyweight title.
Back to top Go down
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7042 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk vs. Rock   Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:36 pm

I know.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk vs. Rock   Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:44 pm

Macks was just saying what he would like lol

However Horizon the plan was for Dolph to cash in on cena after he beat punk at HIAC but Cenas injury changed that.

Back to top Go down
therustman
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk vs. Rock   Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:53 am

Will be such a waste for Rock to beat Punk. Punk's current run is primed for a face to 'chase the title' and could be a great chance to create another main eventer. The problem is there really isnt anyone in that position at the moment.

A Dolph turn could work, Daniel Bryan has become a comedy routine, Ryback has little emotional investment from the fans, Kofi had his chance with Randy but they didnt give him the win. Really leaves The Miz - dont think he's good enough.

Though just popped into my head would be a returning Hardy - this would be a perfect scenerio for him especially as he lost to Punk leaving.

Punk v taker seems strange as Taker would then have to drop the title in a really short match quite quickly as exactly the same problems as with the Rock.

Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk vs. Rock   Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:53 am

My shout at the moment:

Lesnar faces Taker.
Rock vs Cena rematch.
Orton wins the WHC, defends against Sheamus & Dolph Ziggler in a triple threat. Ziggler is cashing in MITB.
Which leaves Punk facing Triple H. His problems with Vince get ramped up over the next few months, and the 'new Vince' steps in to sort him out.
Back to top Go down
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk vs. Rock   Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:19 pm

CM Punk should go to Wrestlemania as the champion to face the Rumble winner - The Miz!

Leave Rock v Cena II

I think Taker will miss this WM and save himself for WM30
Back to top Go down
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk vs. Rock   Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:33 pm

Taker has supposedly said he would be interested in a high profile match at Mania.

Rock Vs Cena rematch appears assured however what about Punk Vs Cena vs Rock and Punks ends up walking out of WM as champion still?

Apparantly WWE are worried if they don't give Punk a big match at Mania he will kick off so..... what I think atm

WWE title - Rock Vs Cena (c) - Cena wins at Elimination Chamber, makes Punk seem stronger have him start the match and last eliminated.

Punk Vs Undertaker - the final test of Punk's quest for respect, will lose but shakes Taker's hand at the end which signify's the respect he wanted.

Lesnar Vs Triple H - going to happen....

WHC: Big Show (c) Vs Ziggler Vs Orton - Big Show seeming unbeatable, Orton royal rumble winner, Ziggler electing to cash in money in the bank rather than cheap csah in, signifying the start of his face turn, Orton more heel at the time as well.
Back to top Go down
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk vs. Rock   Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:36 pm

A lot of talk about Orton winning the Rumble Lately. I cant see it. The Miz or John Cena at the moment are my only 2 guys I can see winning.
Back to top Go down
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk vs. Rock   Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:38 pm

it would be the boyhood dream storyline with his face turn if Miz wins and well if Cena wins not that interesting, The WWE title fued for WM can write itself without the royal rumble win which ever way they go with it so makes sense for it to be for WHC and Orton will be a main point with his heel turn so make it the main focus of the show.
Back to top Go down
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk vs. Rock   Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:41 pm

hodge13 wrote:
it would be the boyhood dream storyline with his face turn if Miz wins and well if Cena wins not that interesting, The WWE title fued for WM can write itself without the royal rumble win which ever way they go with it so makes sense for it to be for WHC and Orton will be a main point with his heel turn so make it the main focus of the show.

The way I see it is Ziggler will cash in at wrestlemania and win the title - meaning the Rumble winner seem pointless. Thats why i'm so sided with Rumble winner going for WWE Title - and no obvious opponent for Punk as of yet.
Back to top Go down
therustman
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk vs. Rock   Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:18 pm

I hope Cena doesn't win RR but again not much other choice. Orton as part of his heel turn - could win via dodgy heel tactics, Miz as mentioned above. Punk maybe if he loses to Rock but I expect that will be main event over the rumble so unlikely.

Powerslam this month reckon Jericho back for RR so a possibility. Anyone know when Hardy's TNA contract is up? Is it March or January which will let him get in Rumble. I know TNA are trying to sweeten him but he seems really well at moment (drug wise) and could make a shed load of cash in WWE.

Back to top Go down
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk vs. Rock   Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:47 pm

therustman wrote:
Punk maybe if he loses to Rock but I expect that will be main event over the rumble so unlikely.

The Rumble is always the main event as far as I know.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
therustman
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk vs. Rock   Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:36 pm

Perfect Jack wrote:
therustman wrote:
Punk maybe if he loses to Rock but I expect that will be main event over the rumble so unlikely.

You would hope so but vaguely remember it not being a few years ago - probably just my head fuckin with me
Back to top Go down
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk vs. Rock   Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:08 pm

therustman wrote:
Perfect Jack wrote:
therustman wrote:

You would hope so but vaguely remember it not being a few years ago - probably just my head fuckin with me

I looked it up it's been the main event for the past 2-3 years now.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk vs. Rock   Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:48 am

if they go with Punk win then i think Rock will win the rumble.

Back to top Go down
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk vs. Rock   Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:09 pm

boschbourne06 wrote:

Come in as entrant number 30?
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk vs. Rock   Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:16 pm

Perfect Jack wrote:
boschbourne06 wrote:

Come in as entrant number 30?

Yeah that or surprise entry near the end somewhere.

Back to top Go down
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk vs. Rock   Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:57 pm

Yeah probably around the 27-28 mark if Cena is the only man standing or something.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk vs. Rock   Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:54 pm

therustman wrote:
Perfect Jack wrote:
therustman wrote:

Last time it wasn't was 2006, kurt angle vs mark henry main evented. Only memorable for the amount of people who left the arena while the match was still going!
Back to top Go down
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk vs. Rock   Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:34 pm

taking th piss out o I don't blame them if that was the Main Event. Looking it up, the WWE title match was after the rumble as well.
Back to top Go down
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk vs. Rock   Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:33 pm

Wasnt that Undertakers return? Didnt he break the ring form the entrance area?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk vs. Rock   

Back to top Go down

CM Punk vs. Rock
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum :: Wrestling News-
Jump to: