Raw: 20th anniversary show

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history

Number of posts : 5526

PostSubject: Raw: 20th anniversary show   Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:01 pm

For the show that was suppsedly a huge anniversary, it was abysmal. Barely any legends making appearances, no real progress made on anything, just a disappointment from start to finish.

Miz should not be a face, he's just not likeable at all. Nor shoould he have Miz TV, and nor should Flair have been on it. i don't think I've ever been so relieved when a heel interrupted a segment as when Cesaro appeared. Just awful.

Cena in the cage match just demonstrated why Cena is loathed by anyone who understands wrestling. he is beaten almost to death, held in a sleeper to the point of passing out, then leaps up and climbs the cage faster than Dolph managed at the start of the match. For the second week running, kicks out of both of Dolph's finishers... all becasue he either won't lose, or WWE will not let him lose to someone like Dolph. Compare that to Wade Barrett's huge clean win over Orton, which if WWE follow through could be the statr of something special for Wade.

Question: do people still think Dolph is actually being pushed? For me, he's nothing more than an upper-card jobber.

an awful Raw.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15797 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Raw: 20th anniversary show   Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:26 pm

For me if he was being pushed he would be getting wins over the likes of Cena. I always thought Ziggler need a big feud with a top star with him coming out on top for him to be taken serious as world champ. I thought that would happen with Cena how wrong was i.

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something." - Eminem
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
therustman
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event

PostSubject: Re: Raw: 20th anniversary show   Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:46 am

I couldn't believe the squash on Dolph especially after Orton (again) loses clean t boost someone. Dolph cannot have a title run with any credability at the moment, would be as bad as Swagger's.

Back to top Go down
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7041 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Raw: 20th anniversary show   Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:28 pm

I quite like he Miz as a face - simply because there are better heels to fued with than faces. Agreed he should loose Miz TV.

The cage match was shocking. As said by Grecian, either Cena wont go over or the WWE won't let him go over. If Dolph didn't carry the case around I would of forgot he has it because he's even stopped trying to cash it in now.

The Shield are starting to loose momentum too early. They should be kicking ass for a few more weeks and into the Rumble and dominate that a bit like Priceless in '09.

The worst part of the show was The Rock consert. I was looking forward to Rock v Punk but now i'm bored of it already. It seems to me The Rock doesn't want anybody to out shine him on the mic - hence why I think Punk cae out without a mic. When was the last time that happened?
Back to top Go down
Grecian

Number of posts : 5526

PostSubject: Re: Raw: 20th anniversary show   Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:39 pm

Miz is just awful now. Since he stopped being WWE champ, he clearly doesn't care any more. As a face, he needs a run with a heel who is actually not liked. Cesaro is a great wrestler, but his anti-US thing just doesn't work to the extent it did for Muhammad Hassan or Sgt Slaughter back in the day. Most americans have no idea where Switzerland is, let alone a reason to not like them.

Rock/Punk could be massively improved if Rock cut one serious promo, explaining why after 8 years, he suddenly wants the WWE title. Instead of making fat jokes at Heyman, if he came out and said something along the lines of him beating Cena last year was great, but he's got something eating at him, that Punk is backing up the claim he's the best in the world by beating everyone for over a year, now it's time for the greatest WWE superstar in history to test that claim. Something like that would match the promo Punk cut last week.

As for the Shield, I can see them in the Rumble the same way as Leagcy in 2009 to help Orton win, with Punk losing the title to Rock then winning the Rumble through the Shield.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15797 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Raw: 20th anniversary show   Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:06 pm

This Is Why The Segment Happened

Quote :
Regarding Flair's segment with The Miz on Monday's RAW, it was designed to endorse Miz as a new babyface and to set up Miz using the Figure Four as his new finishing move. When he found out, Flair joked to Miz, "I hope they let you beat people with it because I never did."

Flair will likely be working with Miz again at next week's WWE TV tapings.

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something." - Eminem
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: Raw: 20th anniversary show   Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:36 pm

Couldnt agree more with everyone about miz tv , it is awful just doesnt work doesnt even compare to the highlight reel.(or whatever jerichos was called ).

And i agree the show was awful , however as for a seriosu rock promo i think theyre building up to that next week after the brawl.

Also did anyone notice jamie noble and finlay holding back the rock taking th piss out o

TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Raw: 20th anniversary show   Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:46 pm

This was the first RAW I've watched since the 1000th episode and boy have I missed fuck all.

Literally apart from the stage changing theres nothing new to it. Its the same formula all the time. Too many cheesy backstage segments which dont lead to anything.

There was parts I enjoyed such as Del Rios segment with Big Show surprisingly. I didnt even know Del RIo was a face but I enjoyed it and he seemed to me to be actually enjoying what he was doing unlike the last time I saw him when he was a stagnant heel. He seemed to be over but that could be down to the show being in Texas with them having a large hispanic population.

I enjoyed when Cesaro came out but from what I can gather hes not over at all with the crowd. The Miz and Flair part was just hard to watch. Why on earth is the Miz a face?

I was enjoying the cage match until Cena did what he always does and jumps up completley no selling all of the offence that Dolph had dished out to him. From what Ive seen of Dolphs "push" it doesnt seem to me that they are completely behind him. He needs to be beating Cena, clean or not, it doesnt matter, he needed to have won that match.

I actually enjoyed the last segment with the Rock and Punk. I thought Punk made himself look strong considering he had the majority of people holding him back and kept going after The Rock whereas Rock seemed to me to backing off. Maybe I'm just looking to deep into it but I though Punk put himself over really well considering he supposed to be a "cowardly heel" and didnt once back off and instigated the brawl.

Overrall, not impressed especially as I was led to believe by a friend that it was going to have legends on it of the caliber of Stone Cold and Shawn Michaels. Not much going on for me especially considering theres only one more show before the Rumble. Also Michael Cole is still doing that fake forced laugh whenever a joke bombs which infuriates me to no end.
Back to top Go down
mrtc2003
NXT Champion
NXT Champion

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Raw: 20th anniversary show   Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:03 pm

I think part of the problem is that they did all the nostalgia stuff and legends returning with RAW 1000. If they'd done the same thing here, they'd have been repeating themselves. And then people would have complained about the 20th Anniversary show being too similar to the RAW 1000 one.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raw: 20th anniversary show   

Back to top Go down

Raw: 20th anniversary show
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum-
Jump to: