Pancake Patterson

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Number of posts : 12833

PostSubject: Pancake Patterson   Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:24 pm

A bold move for the start of Raw, to debut a new character in a promo vs John Cena.

What did everyone make of it? I enjoyed it purely because it was well done by Titus and because gimmicks are needed to keep wrestling on track. It reminded me of something they tried with R Truth for about 2 weeks, but it worked alot better because the live banter was well executed. I don't know if he needs the wig though, they don't need the cheap laugh.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history

Number of posts : 5498

PostSubject: Re: Pancake Patterson   Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:31 pm

I had absolutely no idea of what the hell to make of it.

I had the R-Truth / Pretty Ricky idea too, but have no idea if this is going to be something that carries on, Vince's fucking weird sense of humour or what.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Pancake Patterson   Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:17 pm

It just seems like a test for them to see how they can cope with extended mic time. Nothing too serious, but fans will talk about. To me it maybe suggests he has a push in mind for the future. In a way it is similar to what they are doing with Johnny Curtis and Fandango. An utterly stupid gimmick on paper, but it get's people trending on Twitter and screen time. They got to rip Cena pretty hard, even though it had a comedy coating by declaring that no one wants to see him at Wrestlemania.

I also have no idea what it will lead to, though.

Titus seems pretty capable on the mic, which is promising

Number of posts : 5498

PostSubject: Re: Pancake Patterson   Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:17 pm

Fandango is, I think, a great gimmick - it's going to be an absolute heat-magnet for the US rednecks who are going to assume that he's gay for being a dancer, and ignoring the woman he's dancing with. It won't get him to world title level or anything like that, but he's going to become of the most hated heels in the company pretty quickly.

Titus is a guy I reckon could be a very big deal in about 18 months time.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Pancake Patterson   Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:43 pm

yeah, that's what I mean about Fandango, on paper it seems really weak, but in practice it is working a treat. He doesn't have to do much of anything, apart from give off a sense of grandeur and speak really slowly. A proper wind up gimmick. I'm surprised it got through creative though "a dancer who says his name precisely"

I'm yet to watch this weeks Raw, but I noticed last week, despite teasing he would actually fight last week, they ran a video before he came out saying he'd debut this week Embarassed

PostSubject: Re: Pancake Patterson   

Back to top Go down

Pancake Patterson
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum-
Jump to: