HomeThe Portal!FAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Aces & Eights Timeline

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7041 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Aces & Eights Timeline   Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:22 am

Watching Impact from Sunday and it showed a Timeline on how the Aces & Eights got together and how they recruited guys to join. Bully Ray played the narrator while a video package played in the background while he was explaining what was going on.

I have to say I thought this was brilliantly done. One of the best promo's of I've seen in a long time. Easily done but effective.

I'm intersted to see which way they go.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Aces & Eights Timeline   Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:00 am

It was done well, and filled in a lot of plot holes.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Number of posts : 12875

PostSubject: Re: Aces & Eights Timeline   Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:45 pm

TNA's production values have gone up this year I feel and this was a good example. It was probably needed to refresh the storyline a bit and to round off the last 9 months. Now they can push on with the storyline without the masks and get down to business.

I thought the highlights package of the PPV was very good also and would be a good advert to any new fans.

I think they are looking to make a bigger step than they did last year with the TNA product and the signs so far are good. They are taking the show to the fans and I think it was clear that in Chicago there were people attending that were new to TNA, which led to some quiet moments and some weird atmosphere, but it was also clear that they do have a fan base out there. People were obviously aware of Joe and AJ styles.

The tag division is quality right now and they are getting back on track with the X division. People will have been annoyed over the last year with the lack of X division, but they have found some really promising guys who can really do the business. Zema Ion is miles ahead of that guy he broke the neck of in terms of marketability. Mr.Blandasfuck I think his name was.

NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event

PostSubject: Re: Aces & Eights Timeline   Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:34 pm

It's good to see the Aces and eights storyline back on track.

I have to disagree with Sexton about both the Tag division and in part about the X division (though agree about Zema Ion).

The tag division has 3 teams ffs, and one of these has Hernandez who makes Sin Cara look botch free. While the other 2 teams are excellent (though I would rather see Roode and Aries in main event picture) there's just no where to go with the division. Even WWE has more teams! ROH defo the best tag division at moment.

Again X division has so few wrestlers although they look to be bringing more in - Petey Williams back hopefully. But am not sure about the fact all matches are triple threat and haven't been impressed with Kenny King, who looked better in ROH as a tag wrestler. The problem is they will build it for the PPV in April before tossing it to one side. A real shame as in it's prime was possibly the best thing in wrestling.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Aces & Eights Timeline   Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:16 am

with the title matches being three way it adds a safety net though. The one problem with the Xdiv style is the risk element. As a company in the Hogan era they basically stopped having those matches on T.V. Especially after that huge injury. But with a 3 way match, even if one guy tears his quaud or gets concusion, they can go to plan B and not kill the show or risk the guy carrying on with the finish. I think KK is champion as he seems confidant on camera and on the mic plus he has a varied style, a cross between technical and martial arts. It's probably the way the new Xdivision will be. Sonjay and Zema are far more interesting though. Petey vs KK would be good as they match up on strength I guess. No idea who is back for good yet though.

Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Aces & Eights Timeline   Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:30 am

oh and I've enjoyed Hernandez lately, Tenay is actually getting excited and adding to that via commentary I guess. I know he's a bit dangerous and botchy but he is a tank and adds momentum in tag matches. I always remember Daniels' quote when asked about most feared opponent and he joked about it being Hernandez, and it was obvious he meant it quite literally, as he is dangerous at times throwing his weight around and maybe not realising his own strength.

There is only the 3 teams, but they are having serious tag matches unlike WWE. Matches that have a story inside and outside of the ring. Chavo may be injured now so this might all be in vein. He definitely struggled to finish the match with an arm injury.

PostSubject: Re: Aces & Eights Timeline   

Back to top Go down

Aces & Eights Timeline
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum-
Jump to: