Raw spoilers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Raw spoilers   Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:21 am

So Dolph Ziggler finally cashes in and beats Del Rio.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Number of posts : 12855

PostSubject: Re: Raw spoilers   Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:43 am

knew Raw would be a bit better in terms of things actually happening, the crowd have moved from confused to mad as fuck, which is quality. Vince will be pretty pissed off too. It's almost like a planned protest. No doubt it's the brits who started the madness. As it picked up from the barrett chants and got more and more weird

Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Raw spoilers   Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:50 am

another talking point is The Shield. As soon as Taker came out it hit me they'd jump him, but it didn't quite happen because of kane and bryan. I did think they'd fuck Taker up ready for him leaving again though.

Crowd still singing fandango song during the Phat Funks match!

Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Raw spoilers   Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:10 am

Them doing Fandango's theme was brilliant.

And Ryback just turned heel attacking Cena, well kind of, cos they full arena started chanting.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Raw spoilers   Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:28 am

did he though? I suppose he signalled FU, but then chanted with the crowd to endthe show. I don't know what a heel is anymore, anyway.. People went loopy with cheers when Cena mentioned a heel turn.

They could turn Cena and still sell product IMO too, but wasted the chance last night. When he came out I thought he had a quality heel style shirt on and thought "no, don't turn the day AFTER Mania" but he then revealed it was a crap shirt with the belt on it. Still, his promo reeked of a desire to turn. But unless Vince sacks creative and re writes everything based on tonight, it wont happen.

Second Divorce

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Raw spoilers   Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:49 am

I said ziggler would cash in on raw a week ago it made most sense with the swagger dui charge and them not being too high on del rio

A really good raw, a lot of the faces didn't get an easy ride of the crowd namely sheamus Orton or Cena. Jericho still got his usual pop though! :-D
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history

Number of posts : 5510

PostSubject: Re: Raw spoilers   Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:35 am

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:
They could turn Cena and still sell product IMO too, but wasted the chance last night. When he came out I thought he had a quality heel style shirt on and thought "no, don't turn the day AFTER Mania" but he then revealed it was a crap shirt with the belt on it. Still, his promo reeked of a desire to turn. But unless Vince sacks creative and re writes everything based on tonight, it wont happen.

The video of the Mark-A-Wish Foundation that aired during Mania explained exactly why Cena would not turn heel. He gave a massive spiel about loving kids and cheering up the terminally ill ones, and making a positive difference in their lives. Forget the merchandise, my shout is that is why Cena won't turn, he's too into the charity stuff to do it.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Raw spoilers   Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:20 am

The crowd shat all over Orton & Sheamus.

I think Cena is number 1 on the make a wish thing.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Raw spoilers   Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:28 am

- After tonight's WWE RAW ended in East Rutherford, New Jersey, John Cena got on the mic and gave props to the crowd. Cena then laid the WWE Title out in the ring and said that it was for the fans. Cena got a massive pop.

Cena said they usually play music to end the show, but tonight, the fans were the music. He left the ring while the whole crowd hummed Fandango's theme again. Fandango's music hit and the crowd went nuts. The show closed with one final "we are awesome!" chant.

taking th piss out o
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Raw spoilers   Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:33 am

So the fans have gone from chants 'You can't wrestle!' to Fandango, to singing his entrance.

I maintain he's onto a winner with this gimmick, I really do.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15791 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Raw spoilers   Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:09 pm

taking th piss out o

That crowd where off there heads i normally fast forward the shit matches but had to stay watching them cos the crowd where more entertaining than the matches.

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something." - Eminem
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Raw spoilers   Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:18 pm

Exactly. The main reason the mad stuff started was because the crowd were bored. Obviously because they actually were shouting boring on many occasions. Also, Mexican waves don't happen when you are enthrawled with action. I thought at one stage, with Zeb asking for a USA chant, that they had a lined up segment for Del Rio and his announcer to make them actually chant USA for him, and it not be weird. (an idea that popped into my head a long while ago, probably whilst watching hernandez and one of his many former partners. It went along the line of "Can you here that crowd, they are chanting for you, ese! YOU ESE YOU ESE YOU ESE" anyway, I digress, they aren't mexican gansgters so it wouldn't have worked anyway lol.

Ziggler cashing in was about the most exciting thing from the whole weekend. Genuinely sat up and took notice. I know Ziggler gets alot of people saying he's just like so and so, his look etc bla bla. But I was thinking that they should maybe turn him into the next generation Edge style character. Ditch Big E and let him have his NXT charcter. And let Dolph and AJ bring in an era, similar to the Rated R era. When he won, he showed genuine emotion and looked capable of pulling off some more serious stuff. Move away from the cheese and add a bit of a psycho edge, along with him still showing off. Really develop his ego.

I feel Swagger and Del Rio can still feud at a lower level, until forgiven for various things. If Swagger eventually got the US title they could develop Jack Swaggers America in a similar way.

Second Divorce

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: Raw spoilers   Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:58 pm

There's the chants from RAW last night.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7036 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Raw spoilers   Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:40 pm

Great Raw. All that was missing was Hornswoggle getting blasted out of a canon and frog splashing Vickie Guererro!

I had a feeling Ziggler would cash in when he didnt cash in at mania. Like Sexton said, it looked like he really wanted and was actually excited about winning it.

I dont understand why They the The Miz win the IC belt at (before) mania then loose it the next night on Raw? Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Horizon
World Champion Winner At WM

Location : Bristol Number of posts : 2650 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Raw spoilers   Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:19 pm

Mackem wrote:
Great Raw. All that was missing was Hornswoggle getting blasted out of a canon and frog splashing Vickie Guererro!

I had a feeling Ziggler would cash in when he didnt cash in at mania. Like Sexton said, it looked like he really wanted and was actually excited about winning it.

I dont understand why They the The Miz win the IC belt at (before) mania then loose it the next night on Raw? Any suggestions?

I'm guessing they wanted a face to win on the pre show to get the crowd excited but still wanted Barrett as champion?
Back to top Go down
Horizon

PostSubject: Re: Raw spoilers   Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:26 pm

Quote :
To start off, I have been to many WWE events. Raw, Smackdown, PPV's, etc. but none of them came close to last night's Raw.

My girlfriend (Stephanie) and I got to the arena around 6:45, waited in line for a few minutes before being let in. The first thing she wanted to do was get some food (that's mainly why she came and another Punk shirt, she loves him) She also pointed out that there were so many adults/teens there. She was pretty amazed that I wasn't the only 23 year old who was a WWE fan!

We got to the seats (we sat camera side, center, 15 rows up) Not sure if we were on TV a few times, have to go back and watch the show for that.

The lower level was pretty much filled by the time they filmed Superstars. Justin Roberts came on the mic around 7:45 and let us know that the Rock wouldn't be here tonight due to an injury, the crowd roared in boos.

John Cena came out to boos. I'm not sure how loud it sounded on TV but he was booed tremendously, we actually got a kick out of Cena reacting to our chants, well done by Cena.

Mark Henry received a nice pop when he made his entrance and the crowd chanted Sexual Chocolate for a good five minutes straight. When Booker T came out and announced that Rock was still the No. 1 contender for the title, the crowd booed and chanted "Bullshit."

They announced the 2-1 handicap match with Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter...a ton of guys including me in our section agreed tonight was the night Ziggler cashes in. After the first commercial break, a loud bullshit chant broke out again for the Rock.

I was amazed at how much the "YES YES YES YES" gimmick is over, the entire arena was standing and moving their hands when Daniel Bryant came out. Big E is a BIG boy in person and he looked dominate in his debut on Raw.

I went to get the girlfriend food during the Miz vs. Wade Barrett match. Barrett was really over and got a nice pop after winning. After I got my food, I was walking back to the seat when I noticed a guy looking like X-Pac walking toward my direction, as he got closer, I was like holy shit that is X-Pac. My girlfriend had no idea who it was....he actually approached me and asked me where his tickets were. I told him I was a huge fan, he took a picture with us and even throw up the DX symbol! I pointed out where his section was (he was in a box suite) and he went on his way, pretty cool but it's amazing how old he is now. That said, something wasn't right with him last night.

During the Swagger vs. Del Rio match there were loud chants of "WE WANT ZIGGLER" (for a good 4-5 minutes).

I am a huge...huge Dolph Ziggler fan, when he came out to cash in his briefcase he got a HUGEEEEEE pop. Everyone was standing (including me). I was so happy I got to see him cash in live, what a moment for Dolph, it looked like he truly was honored to win the belt.

I felt bad for Randy Orton and Sheamus, they had a 15 minute match that NOBODY cared about, even JBL, Michael Cole, and Jerry Lawler. Some of the chants that were started through their match: Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole... Mike Chioda, RVD, and ECW. A fan noticed X-Pac and then a X-Pac chant broke out, followed by a JBL chant...which JBL acknowledged by tipping his hat. This was followed by a Jerry Lawler chant a Michael Cole chant! We even broke a Pretzel chant and the guy selling pretzels stopped and danced!! The crowd got the wave going, and chanted "We want Puppies"....(this all took place during the Orton match). Once Big Show came out, a loud "THANK YOU BIG SHOW" chant started....as Randy Orton left the ring he gave the crowd a dirty look, he wasn't too pleased.

---And now for the best part of Raw ----

Next up was Faaaaaanndaaaaannngooooo vs Kofi Kingston. The crowd was way over for Fandango, popped a little for the Y2J run in and again when Fandango managed to say his name even after the beat down...

During the commercial break, we started singing Fandango's theme song...da na na na na daaaa na na na and the crowd (camera side) was dancing to the theme for the entire commercial break.

The 8-man tag match received zero attention. I don't even remember who won. The crowd was singing and dancing to Fandango's theme the entire time. When we saw the other side of the arena wasn't dancing...we started a "That side sucks" chant and a "we are awesome" chant...that went on for a few minutes...

Henry and Cena made their entrances....(crowd still dancing to fandango) ...short match...crowd popped for Ryback tho....we loved when he laid out Cena!!

On the way out of the arena, people were dancing to Fandango's theme in the hallways. While we were in the car waiting to leave, people were honking their owns to the theme of the song. I couldn't believe it, it was incredible.

We didn't have Rock, C.M. Punk, Brock Lesnar or Triple H, yet this was the best Raw this year, the best Raw I could remember, and by the far most fun I've ever had a WWE event. It was basically a big party. I can't wait for them to return to New Jersey.

If all crowds were like this, WWE would be ten times better. Hopefully it can continue!

Love that fans were beeping their horns to Fandango's theme music!
Back to top Go down
Horizon

PostSubject: Re: Raw spoilers   Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:31 pm

Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Raw spoilers   Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:38 pm

There's supposedly an online campaign to get Fandangos theme into the charts, i cant find it... yet.
Back to top Go down
Horizon

PostSubject: Re: Raw spoilers   Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:46 pm

Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Raw spoilers   Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:19 pm

I think that's the closest WWE will ever get to a football crowd.

Last year's was nuts with the Yes! Yes! Yes! chants, but this one was awesome.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Raw spoilers   Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:40 pm

Just watched Dolph's cash-in.

Title changes are always better when the winner actually looks like winning the title means something.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Raw spoilers   Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:21 pm

maybe it will give some of the talent a well needed kick up the backside. Every Orton match I've seen lately is like he doesn't care anymore, so bland, so predictable. He's over with the ladies and a few guys who are living in the past. He has a classic finisher and naff all else. I don't remember the last time he said anything worthwhile. A little harsh on Sheamus, as he is working to get over with the Cena fan base, and if he had a heel turn I think he'd be well recieved. (was he heel before wwe as Irish Curse SOS?) sure he had a good reputation.

Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Raw spoilers   Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:13 pm

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:
I don't remember the last time he said anything worthwhile.

My Name...

is Randy Orton.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Raw spoilers   Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:26 pm

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:
maybe it will give some of the talent a well needed kick up the backside. Every Orton match I've seen lately is like he doesn't care anymore, so bland, so predictable. He's over with the ladies and a few guys who are living in the past. He has a classic finisher and naff all else. I don't remember the last time he said anything worthwhile. A little harsh on Sheamus, as he is working to get over with the Cena fan base, and if he had a heel turn I think he'd be well recieved. (was he heel before wwe as Irish Curse SOS?) sure he had a good reputation.

I like Orton, his psychology is better than in WWE. He's in a tough spot, though, he's feuded with virtually everyone in WWE, he's on two drug test failures so they don't quite trust him enough to put a world title on him, and to be fair, his promo style suited him as a heel - cold, calculating. Now he's doing all the jumping around and crowd-pleasing shit, it doesn't suit his actions.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Raw spoilers   Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:27 pm

feяgie22 wrote:
There's supposedly an online campaign to get Fandangos theme into the charts, i cant find it... yet.

Its currently sitting at 13th in the UK iTunes chart taking th piss out o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raw spoilers   

Back to top Go down

Raw spoilers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum-
Jump to: