Gimmicks (get creative)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Number of posts : 12833

PostSubject: Gimmicks (get creative)   Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:26 pm

Thought I'd have an article that encourages your creative juices.

Discuss how you would change a wrestler to make them more appealing. This isn't necessarily how you'd book them, though add this if it helps. Hopefully we can turn some jobbers into main eventers. It also allows a chance to discuss someones potential. Feel free to use examples from various companies, with the main aim how they could sucseed in WWE.

I write this simply because recently I was wondering how WWE didn't capitalise on teen obsession with the Twighlight tri-bollocks of a franchise etc and how I miss the classic Vampire gimmick in wrestling. I never felt compelled to watch Twighlight, but I'm aware of how 'over' it is in the movie world. Now WWE in my opinion have a perfect candidate for a modern Vampire gimmick in Drew Mcintyre, I almost weap when I see 3mb, however. He's suffered enough and deserves a more popular gimmick. It's simple enough to execute with a smoke machine and some high quality production video teasers. Teamed with 3MB having to perform as a tag team, asking week on week if anyone has seen Drew, they last saw him at a gothic club where they tried to play air guitar, doh! a month later he returns with Paige from NXT and wham, vampire destroys 2MB with some sick death drop and crucifix choke and a possessed look, with paige mauling the ginger nut afterwards. That would be what i'd do in terms of giving someone a chance. Especially now a Vampire gimmick can be done in a more hollywood style, therefore have main event potential if it sells.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history

Number of posts : 5498

PostSubject: Re: Gimmicks (get creative)   Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:17 pm

I'll do a couple in separate posts to make it easier to read...

Daniel Bryan:
I'd make him an absolute submission machine. Split Hell No up, with the inevitable match to end it. Bryan wins by making Kane submit - straight away, this is a big deal, I can't remember Kane ever submitting before. Have him come out the following week, beard shaved off, skinhead, and a copy of the WWE live event programme with pictures of the entire roster. Have him cut a promo where he announces his ambition for the next year is to make the entire WWE roster submit. When he makes someone tap, he gets a pen and crosses their picture out. This can then build to a huge Mania match next year, against someone like the Undertaker, Lesnar, Cena, anyone like that.

Have him enter the MITB match, refuse to climb the ladder and make everyone else submit with different moves, have him refuse to win by pinfall, reverse other submission moves...

We all know Bryan's a hell of a wrestler. Doing something like this could be epic.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

Number of posts : 5498

PostSubject: Re: Gimmicks (get creative)   Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:19 pm

The other one I've always liked is based slightly on Doink the Clown, I've always loved the sadistic clown.

Problem is, I think Sting is doing something similar to the Joker in TNA at the moment (or at least I think he was), and I'd go with Heath Slater doing this in WWE. I think he's under-rated, it'd take him away from the piss-poor comedy he gets lumped with, and give him something to do.

There's also my British stable with Regal, Barrett, McIntyre, Pac/Adrian Neville and Paige that I'd love to happen.
Back to top Go down
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7030 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Gimmicks (get creative)   Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:20 pm

I said a while ago that Drew McIntyre needed a change of direction. I like your idea but I would of dont it even before that. When he was married to Tiffany. They should of turned him face then and made them the Posh and Becks of WWE. Beckham was playing in America so i think they would be over quite easily.

Regarding your question, Cody Rhodes is one i'd make more appealing - but by going back to his Dashing Cody Rhodes gimmick - and as a face (not very creative as its been done).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gimmicks (get creative)   

Back to top Go down

Gimmicks (get creative)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum-
Jump to: