Raw: Chicago

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Number of posts : 12875

PostSubject: Raw: Chicago   Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:55 pm

fuck me! I'm only up to the Shield Wyatt match and this is the best wrestling show I've seen in years. Better than a PPV, better than most Manias recently.

I thought HHH was coming out at the start when the music hit, but to solidify Heyman as a heel was more important with the Lesnar Taker match coming.

Feel free to discuss Raw, i'll post more when i've watched the second half, but so far it's like it's on fast forward, I guess there's alot to fit in to the show the speed it's going.

Credit to the Sheild and Wyatts, great what can happen when two teams have two distinct characters and 4 huge stars in waiting (have to discount harper and rowan) it feels like when the Hardys and E+C were tearing it up. Ambrose is my favourite character since edge I think, really sells his character in the match too, his look towards Rollins as he bounced off the mat was a cut above how everyone else is in ring, he's aware of everything going on and how to find the cameras.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history

Number of posts : 5526

PostSubject: Re: Raw: Chicago   Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:11 pm

Yup, just finished watching. A cracking show!

Must be the longest Cena has ever sold an injury.

Heyman's opening promo was a thing of beauty. He's one of the best promo guys of all time.

Bit annoyed the Uso's won the tag titles, I was hoping they'd finally do it at Mania.

Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Raw: Chicago   Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:17 pm

Apparently Heyman went off script but it was great how he turned it around to actually be about Lesnar/Taker.

Another cracking Shield/Wyatt match, Rollins at the start was amazing just jumping all over the place.

And if Cena is "injured" and not wrestling that night, why the fuck does he still wear knee pads?

Was good to see Bryan/HHH finally get physical.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7041 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Raw: Chicago   Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:47 am

Love him or hate him, Cena does his bit in regards to building up fueds, even if his matches are sometimes a let down. Everyone is going on about how great wyatts promos are bit I think Cena can hang with the best of them. I think it could be match of the night at wrestlemania.

Shield v wyatts was again a cracker. I've said it on here since they began and will still say it again now. Seth Rollins will be the break out star of the shield. As good as the other 2 are I just think Rollins will be the guy that does it. Reigns will get a push but could end up like ryback no Batista is kicking about.

Heyman was great as ever but i didnt like it. what i don't like about it is that heyman is making it a revenge mission towards undertaker off last year with punk. This should be and souly about lesnar v taker.

And for Bryan and HHH. As said above its good they got physical. I liked there interaction in the middle of the show and HHH telling Bryan to get out of "his" ring. Great play by the game.

Bryan is needed in the main event at mania. Orton v Batista is doing nothing at all. The only way I see it happening 1 v 1 is if taker v lesnar will go on last.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Raw: Chicago   Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:56 am

Mackem wrote:
Love him or hate him, Cena does his bit in regards to building up fueds, even if his matches are sometimes a let down. Everyone is going on about how great wyatts promos are bit I think Cena can hang with the best of them. I think it could be match of the night at wrestlemania.

Bryan is needed in the main event at mania. Orton v Batista is doing nothing at all. The only way I see it happening 1 v 1 is if taker v lesnar will go on last.

I find Cena's promo's incredibly inconsistent. Sometimes, if he's against someone that he likes / respects, he's great. a lot of his promo work with Punk, that Championship Acsencion thingy with Orton in Seattle, his work with the Rock was great. Then he gets to work with a newbie like Wyatt, or a Miz, and he's just awful. The most telling line of the show was him announcing that 'any change in WWE goes through me!'. That pretty much summed up most of the problems in WWE right now, and the fact that no-one gets to beat Cena, or gets pushed ahead of Cena unless he's injured.

Bryan should be in the main event. macks, I think it was you mentioned him facing Trips at Mania and if he wins, he goes into the main event. I really think that's going to happen.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Raw: Chicago   Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:25 pm

going to disagree with mack. Rollins is good, but he has no real longevity, same as Reigns. Ambrose can build his character for 10 years and become great imo. Fuck who can flip or who is a one man beast mutilator, to but it in WWE you have to play your role non stop, you have to live your character. The same longevity issue may affect Wyatt too, but he's probably creative enough to re-invent himself. His promo's aren't all that, most of it will be stolen from books, and riddles will get stale, but his daddy had a stale gimmick and he'll know to keep himself fresh and not end up just being known as one thing.

I'm being over critical, but thinking long term who has the skill to evolve.

Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Raw: Chicago   Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:28 pm

two three years down the line i'd turn reigns into a dark character to fill takers void btw. But as just a big beast, he can't survive at the top for long imo.

PostSubject: Re: Raw: Chicago   Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:19 pm

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:
going to disagree with mack. Rollins is good, but he has no real longevity, same as Reigns. Ambrose can build his character for 10 years and become great imo. Fuck who can flip or who is a one man beast mutilator, to but it in WWE you have to play your role non stop, you have to live your character. The same longevity issue may affect Wyatt too, but he's probably creative enough to re-invent himself. His promo's aren't all that, most of it will be stolen from books, and riddles will get stale, but his daddy had a stale gimmick and he'll know to keep himself fresh and not end up just being known as one thing.

I'm being over critical, but thinking long term who has the skill to evolve.

Wyatt's promo's stand out because they are so different to what everyone else is doing. His delivery is spot-on, the content sums up the character perfectly. For me, it's the other 2 in the Wyatt Family that need to be fleshed out.

Biggest problem Wyatt will have is where he goes from here. He's feuded with Bryan and the Shield, and now Cena in less than a year since he debuted. Which other main faces are left? Sheamus?

Back to top Go down
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7041 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Raw: Chicago   Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:28 pm

I think it will be Wyatt that will fill takers gap in the years to come. I see reigns in an enforcer type role, continuing in his shield type character.

I also see Seth Rollins as the new Jeff hardy if you like. I think that's there big gap for that type of character.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Raw: Chicago   Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:46 pm

exactly mack, and the next Edge > the next Hardy. Rollins will please the live crowds, but Ambrose can handle a proper year long feud or main storyline imo. It's not all about the best moves or wrestler when it comes to the future. But like I said it's almost like the same feeling in the team scene as late 90s early 00's. They are all pretty much capable of having a big future if luck and timing is on their side.

A fantasy prediction would be to have Reigns next year do as well in the Rumble, but someone steal the win, then turn Reigns mega heel in anger and face Taker at WM on the Raw with Taker coming out to do a retirement speech before a fuming Reigns takes his head off. Then at Mania have Reigns get DQ'd and end takers career. Would be such a huge shock turn and push.

At some point Bray will destroy his family and send them into future endeavor land. They are just a suitable image and lucky timing to be roster.

I'd have Ambrose face Cena next year in a similar feud to the Edge Cena feud where he won't stop punishing Cena in all aspects of his life, invade charity events etc.

PostSubject: Re: Raw: Chicago   Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:41 pm

Even though they started in tag teams Edge and Jeff Hardy came through and made names for themselves as single stars - more notably Edge as the ultimate opitunist. Going back even further than those to look at shawn michaels. Started in the rockers then in late 1992, early 1993 came I to his own as the heart break kid. So going back 20 odd years there has been that type of guy kicking around and become successful.

I have a feeling wwe will waste roman reigns - unless they do what they say and build him slowly over the next year. I hope I'm wrong.

Ambrose is the character and - again as you said - could hold a year long fued with just about anybody but will his crazy switch of a character get a bit repetitive? Bad example I know but look at festus ( I think it was, like gallows) ended quickly then punk started the SAS. I maybe wrong but I can see that going that way.

All in all I want the shield to stay together for another year or so. Keep what they are doing now. Ambrose being the jealous one, reigns being the main guy so to speak with Rollins holding it all together. I didn't like it that it was Rollins who walked out on the team but can see the logic behind it.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Raw: Chicago   Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:16 pm

Personally, I'd love it if the Wyatts and Shield had one more match, at Mania. make it a 6 man tornado tag, and they'd tear New Orleans apart.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Raw: Chicago   Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:01 pm

Cena in the main event you mean grec if he didn't face Wyatt? Haha to be fair I don't know why Wyatt has a one on one planned, he works best as a leader, and the matches have been brilliant. The crowd would get perked up if there was a rematch too.

Macks, what is more likely to get repetitive, a set gimmick like Wyatt or a more subtle one that can change like Ambrose?

Edge as the example was a cult follower, mildly psycho, almost split personality type deal. It never changed much, just the way he'd target people got moulded to his opponent.

It's so much easier to develop a basic idea than a set in stone gimmick, but Ambrose isn't just an annoying 'i'm a sportsman' type like most. It's a good balance between simple and complex. The strong Wyatt gimmick is refreshing though, as there are too many Ziggler, Miz, orton, Cena, big e, del rio, batista types.

'You think you know me?' 'ultimate opportunist' ... 'the lunatic fringe' it would just take one big moment. For now though keep the teams for sure.

PostSubject: Re: Raw: Chicago   Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:48 am

Nah, stick Sheamus against Cena and call it a No 1 contenders match.

I don't think Wyatt's gimmick is set in stone, though. With the family attached, there's the option for one or both to turn on him, him to recruit a new follower, it's never been explained who Sister Abigail is... the potential is there. When Undertaker debuted, he was just a zombie, essentially. Now he's morphed into what he is today, via the Ministry of Darkness, Paul Bearer & Kane, into the MMA-influenced Deadman. The character tweaks he's done to keep relevant are what makes him a success. Who's to say Wyatt can't do something similar?

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Raw: Chicago   Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:52 pm

to be fair I think Wyatt might have the skills to do it, but it will just be a bit harder. I can see WWE wanting him to not have the louisiana 'my house floats' and I eat snakes look for a long time, he'll need to wear gimmick t shirts soon enough, because that's what you have to do to stay popular in their minds. The marketing machine will catch up with the gimmick. But like I say, you don't but promos like that unless you are creative in some way, so he'll no doubt have his own ideas to pitch or have some idea how to move on. Maybe he can turn to doing HHH's Tax returns for the authority Wink

PostSubject: Re: Raw: Chicago   

Back to top Go down

Raw: Chicago
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum-
Jump to: