View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Number of posts : 13012

PostSubject: WrestlemaniaXxX: what would you prefer?   Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:31 pm

The full stop on the year of wrestling with a huge victory and fan celebration with Daniel Bryan.

Or the start of a new chapter of hate, with HHH becoming a heel the size of Montreal Mcmahon?

(I fucking hope Batista doesn't have it in his contract becaus that will kill all momentum) at the moment I'm severely leaning towards HHH becoming a mega heel. For similar reasons to why Vince was the perfect character at the perfect time. HHH can make everyone around him instantly more credible in the long term, he's already making people warm to Batista! And I feel there is infinitly more need for Wrestlemania to end with huge heat on the Mcmahon-Helmsley clan, for the benefit of the next 10 years. Daniel Bryan, Batista or Orton winning would give about 2 months of programming before everyone got bored and Cena would have to come back to the front again to be a credible main eventer consistantly.

For me it boils down to 10 minutes of happy fans, who'll get bored of a face Bryan as champion, or 10 months and beyond of people fighting the power mad boss, which will give everyone a solid base to really build their character. I really don't see face Bryan being a successful champ on TV. HHH's promo was straying towards the real life booking issues of Bryan, which was interesting for me. What happens when the bubble pops? And how the fans taking over peoples characters (example Fandango) ruins the work talented people are doing.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7065 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: WrestlemaniaXxX: what would you prefer?   Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:00 pm

To be honest, I don't know what I want. Ive said it on here before im not a huge fan of Daniel Bryan - but can see why people are. My wrestling history is WWF/E. I have very little knowledge of the indys. Now HHH planted the seeds of him being in charge back in the end of 1999 when he and Steph double crossed Vince. McMahon left TV for a while and the McMahon-Helmsley era began. I thought those were great, but HHH was still young and know way ready for the role. he was great in the ring for 10 years (give or take) since. Now in a part time capacity can still go in the ring in my opinion.

But...We've seen him walk out of Wrestlemania the champion a few times. I ask myself do I want to see someone new as champion on the grandest stage of them all? Daniel Bryan is the best thing in WWE at the minute, so if anyone new was going to win it would have to be him.

Again, to answer your question, I don't know what I want.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: WrestlemaniaXxX: what would you prefer?   Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:24 pm

I'd be happy with both, but leaning more towards mega heel HHH, thats when he's brilliant.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Grecian

Number of posts : 5629

PostSubject: Re: WrestlemaniaXxX: what would you prefer?   Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:34 pm

Bryan winning.

Basically, Mania always used to be about someone winning their first title on the biggest stage. It was used as a basis to set up the next year of WWE, the start of something new with someone new. The last time I can think of someone winning their first world title at Mania is Rey at 22, and even that was buried in the middle of the card. It's been 8 years since WWE crowned someone on the biggest stage.

Trips can become a mega-heel at virtually any point. This Mania needs a happy ending.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: WrestlemaniaXxX: what would you prefer?   Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:45 pm

the live fans may be stupid and short sighted, but Bryan losing and battling HHH for the title would be much bigger for the WWE. I really hope the fan crap hasn't tipped the wwe in favour of popping the belt on Bryan. He still has so much to learn promo and main event wise. The whole HHH saving system rings true with me. I view Bryan as a very good 'kick pad' wrestler, who can put on varied, logically wrestled matches, ala the Hart body part targeting for a reason, not just because it's a move you do. But his work on promos is stale, the live crowd stalled his progress learning that as a heel and developing a character. (you have to be a heel to get good at longer promos unless you are naturally special like Jericho imo - heels have more to say because they lose more) I could go on for ages, and do, about how the crowd THINK they are getting Bryan noticed and pushed, but are hindering him in the long run, because if his character is soley 'fan pleaser' it only works if there is a huge enemy. E.G Cena didn't get booed when edge was his rival. But with him having nothing like big time opposition, he just wins and wins because he's the best face available and isn't going to job out to utter shite or mid card no hopers. Until Miz ha. The point is still a face needs a much better heel to define them. HHH is much better than Bryan. FU Internet.

Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: WrestlemaniaXxX: what would you prefer?   Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:48 pm

HHH rating* system. Can't edit my post on phone easilly. Grr

Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: WrestlemaniaXxX: what would you prefer?   Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:52 pm

Grec, do you therefore rate Bryan as good enough to be the sole company champion. Discount his in ring ability, can he lead Raw for months? Yes Yes Yes makes no sense as champion, unless he's the original sarcy heel who kept celebrating his win vs Show to wind up the crowd.

This could be an article itself, but it will be too short, so i'll put it here..

When will the Yes movement end? Answer. When Bryan has the belt.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: WrestlemaniaXxX: what would you prefer?   Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:37 pm

I genuinely think Bryan is capable. He's the anti-Cena.

He's the guy who appeals to me, a long-time fan who respects the guys who can go and actually wrestle a damned good match against anyone. He's  got that natural likeability that Cena, Punk, Orton, Trips would absolutely kill for. He's got the catchphrase, a unique moveset, and an awesome beard.

He's been cut-off at every stage thus far, losing every time round to Orton, cheated by HBK, screwed by Trips... if he's ever going to be The Guy, he needs to win the big one, on the biggest stage.

The Yes Movement may very well end when he wins the title, but he's experienced and good enough to get himself over doing something else. He's got himself over God knows how many times in his career in the indies and in WWE - if anyone can break the Cena stranglehold, he can.

Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: WrestlemaniaXxX: what would you prefer?   Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:39 pm

Moving away from Bryan slightly, I do think WWE needs to use Mania as the place where they do crown new world champs. I'd love for Mania 31 to be Roman Reigns winning his first WWE title, Mania 32 for PAC / Adrian Neville to do it, instead of dragging back Rock / Batista each year. the way we're going, who can they drag up in 5 years time?

Back to top Go down
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7065 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: WrestlemaniaXxX: what would you prefer?   Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:26 am

I agree with Grec about wrestlemania need to be the placoe to crown new champions but not every year. It would get repetitive. Every other year is fine.

But this is wrestlemania 30. It is a landmark in WWE. Wrestlemania 10 saw bret hart win the gold and everyone come out to congratulate him. That was a start of a new era. Wrestlemania 20 saw Benoit and Guerrero in the ring as champions. Two ex wcw guys standing on the ring on the biggest stage of all with biggest prize of all. That spoke volumes to me. Now it's wrestlemania 30. Something symbolic has to happen and the only way that can happen is if Bryan wins the WWE title.

It would also be a fairytale ending. Daniel Bryan as took everything thrown at him. Defeated all the odds to get his hands on the gold. That's what wrestlemania is about. It's moments like that. I believe if it was WM31 or WM29 it would be HHH winning.

Regarding the future booking and future fueds? Daniel Bryan would be better champion than HHH. HHH can still do what he's doing now. The authority role is great but he needs to be kept out of the ring - but he can put opsticals Infront of Daniel Bryan and do all he can to get the belt off him. I'd give him the rest of the year at least with the belt see how he goes.

A foot note: I think it will be a fatal four way for the title.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: WrestlemaniaXxX: what would you prefer?   Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:07 am

to be fair i'm still hoping CM Punk has a say, because he's proven he can lead Raw storylines on his own. I have no problem with Bryan winning, I just wonder when being the best in matches started to matter so much. Yes, it's great to watch on the card, but for Raw I want the drama and acting ability and story driven events. If Bryan wasn't against HHH would his 'boo hoo please the fans' work. I feel he's lucky HHH is so experienced. Maybe he will learn alot on the flip side and be convincing from now on. If Bryan wins I hope HHH sticks around or a sell out Heel Punk returns. Whereas if HHH wins, it guarantees a good story.

Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: WrestlemaniaXxX: what would you prefer?   Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:12 am

I'm setting myself up to be disappointed anyway, as everything is setting up the Bryan win. Get screwed for ages, overcome the odds. The hope is that that is too linear for 2014. There's always batista

Hesth Slater's Kid

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15857 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: WrestlemaniaXxX: what would you prefer?   Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:47 am

Bryan winning the title on the biggest stage of them all is only the right way to do it with WM ending with the people in attendance doing the yes chants, however what I said a few weeks ago Punk returning and costing Bryan the title id love to see more the heat Punk would get from that.

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something." - Eminem
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: WrestlemaniaXxX: what would you prefer?   Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:33 am

In a way I hope doesn't come back, well not into the title picture anyway. He spits his dummy out and leaves the company because he can't get his own way. I know he deserves to main event mania and can see his reason for leaving but is imagine a few people are pissed off with the way there character is going
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15857 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: WrestlemaniaXxX: what would you prefer?   Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:09 pm

Vince has told creative team to expect a big surprise at wm that hes set up and will make everyone go I never ever saw that coming could be the return of punk.

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something." - Eminem
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: WrestlemaniaXxX: what would you prefer?   Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:14 pm

I disagree. I think people will expect punk to show up.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: WrestlemaniaXxX: what would you prefer?   Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:48 pm

to help bryan macks as he's face. I said lots of times, Vince knows what to do with Punk, Shawn Michaels was a bigger baby than him and he's a legend. Punk hasn't been on twitter which is really suspect. There was no future endeavor notice, when Vince had grounds to terminate, if he really just decided he can't be arsed. He needed a break, Vince and Punk will talk about creative, one of Punks plus points is he cares about the creative impact. The live crowd wants Punk to save Bryan/screw HHH.

If Vince dies however that's an even bigger NAILED IT moment for me.

I hope it's something that surprises me though to be honest. Somehing fresh

Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: WrestlemaniaXxX: what would you prefer?   Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:51 pm

remember when the Rock fell out with Vince too haha... Just throw that one out there. Would he really turn his back on WWE?

PostSubject: Re: WrestlemaniaXxX: what would you prefer?   Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:03 pm

Oh yeah if punk comes back it will be to help Bryan. I'm just going off what Bosch said that if punk comes back no one saw that coming. The point I was making was I'd expect people will see punk coming back - of that is worded correctly.

If there is a surprise return my money is on Shane o mac or, dare I say it, STING!
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: WrestlemaniaXxX: what would you prefer?   Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:25 pm

yeah I meant they wkl expect him back as a face, but be shocked if he, as heel as HHH.

To clear it up. March12th [/quote="Sexton Hardcastle"]i'd go for Bryan to win vs hhh. Then the authority TRY to screw Bryan but fail. Then as he's about to win CM Punk return to screw Bryan. Nothing beats a double twist ending.[quote/] a week before Bosch cottoned on Wink

PostSubject: Re: WrestlemaniaXxX: what would you prefer?   Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:17 pm

Sneaky fecker that bosh Wink
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: WrestlemaniaXxX: what would you prefer?   Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:21 pm

No-one expecting an Austin appearance? He's apparently in New Orleans, and him doing something in the main event would be an absolute shocker...

Austin's also predicted Punk appears. Could be trying to throw people off the trail?

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: WrestlemaniaXxX: what would you prefer?   Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:41 am

I wouldn't be surprised if he does something for Mania to liven it up, but a key storyline role for him? Unless the rumoured Punk Austin match somehow happens :s ha

I've thought some more about Bryan winning, after the end of Raw, because it was a great end to Raw, but it feels like there is so much more to come, it's only been a few weeks of serious heel HHH. The payoff would be great for a while, but HHH chasing the title? or HHH stepping back to let Orton do it (rematch clause etc) seems wrong. I still feel Bryan getting screwed makes sense, Batista capitalises and wins and him and Orton feud with Randy's rematch clause for next ppv.

Second Divorce

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: WrestlemaniaXxX: what would you prefer?   Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:08 pm

I originally wanted Bryan to win, but I kinda want HHH to screw him over and for Batista/Orton to win because that would extend the feud for a while.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: WrestlemaniaXxX: what would you prefer?   Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:04 pm

I want HHH/Bryan to open the show. I think the shield will.

I think the title match will be a fatal 4 way.

I think CM Punk will be involved in the main event. I hope I'm wrong.

I think Cena v Wyatt will be match of the night.

I think undertakers entrance will take longer than the diva's match.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WrestlemaniaXxX: what would you prefer?   

Back to top Go down

WrestlemaniaXxX: what would you prefer?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum-
Jump to: