Wrestling Forum And Videos

HomeThe Portal!FAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

The new era starts here! (includes Raw spoilers)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history

Number of posts : 5526

PostSubject: The new era starts here! (includes Raw spoilers)   Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:26 pm

Raw this week is, quite simply, one of the greatest Raw's of all time. It really feels like the start of something new and big... In no particular order:

Cesaro splits from Swagger and Colter, and is unveiled as a Paul Heyman Guy.
Evolution almost reform (without Flair) and end the show having a scrap / stare-down with the Shield.
Paige debuts and wins the Diva's title.
Undertaker doesn't appear.
Brock Lesnar wears a massive smug grin, Heyman cuts an awesome promo - and no-one interrupts.
Wyatts win a 6 man tag against Cena, Sheamus and Langston. Memorable for the Wyatts being cheered as faces, a 'Brays gonna kill you!' chant.
Wade Barrett beats Mysterio.
Alexander Rusev debuts and slaughters Zack Ryder.
Bo Dallas and Adam Rose from NXT get debut vignettes aired.

Following on from Taker's streak ending, Bryan winning, no Sting debut, it really feels like the dawn of a new era in WWE. I'm genuinely excited!

Back to top Go down
randy-poffo
TNA debut
TNA debut

Location : middlesbrough Number of posts : 919 Favourite Wrestler : macho man randy savage

PostSubject: Re: The new era starts here! (includes Raw spoilers)   Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:54 pm

Sounds like a good Raw.Would you say now is the time to start watching wrestling again. I might set Raw back up on series link and give it a go.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Number of posts : 12875

PostSubject: Re: The new era starts here! (includes Raw spoilers)   Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:26 pm

I won't call it one of the best ever, but for significance I understand Grecs excitement. The stare down was brilliant, it sets up the year until next mania. People rate various Shield members differently, but I think we all agree they can be real stars. Personally I want to see Ambrose talk more, but understand Reigns has overtaken him at the moment and they all share the mic time with no real leader now. I was slightly annoyed that they had steph explain the segment before it happened, i'd have kept Shield a surprise, no one would be confused that they are out for justice, and no one thought they'd side with her. They lined up with Bryan as the present and future of WWE vs the past and present of Bootista orton HHH and Kane, thankfully all now heel together.

No chance i'm stopping watching now, I've been waiting for Swagger vs Cesaro since last mania haha (without watching much between until this years 2 month build up)

Cena is now midcard (stop booing now)

After a 'home week' for Wyatts I hope the fans respect they are heels next week. Have when they cheer the ginger one, as he really sucks. Nearly popped cena's knee once, can't take a fucking clothesline this week. Bray will end up alone and better for it, eventually. His brother debuts properly soon, future rivalry or team, but not yet.

Who's this party bus guy. Fandango level, but the midcard needs characters, so good times ahead in that sense as the midcard needs to have proper build up. Rusev, party bus, Bo Rotunda. Rvd can get someone over, probably the bus one if he's the arrogant heel. Whats his name? driving me crazy now.

I'm hoping that Ambrose holding the US title means he can go over Kane or Orton and keep it. But I feel they'll strip it so they can just get on with the story without the belt. It would be good to give it some cred with Orton or Kane trying to win it.

I genuinely thought no one but me liked bad news barrett, his gimmick is so bad, but he's made it seem really good these last few months, I think they could flip it to a face gimmick and be successful too. Using the euroheavy crowd as the catalyst this week and targeting someone like miz next week.

Glad Mania is out of the way, Raw is back.

Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: The new era starts here! (includes Raw spoilers)   Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:39 pm

oh and when I said WWE only has two live promo wrestlers in the opinion thread, it doesn't really matter because Heyman can do so much for Raw, as can Zeb in the real suplex rivalry, as can Steph in the main story. The Shield are great with the backstage stuff and don't need to work the live crowd, but I feel they could in the future, but their ring presence and stare downs and assaults are what they do instead. I ask you all to watch Dean Ambrose when he's not talking or the one doing the moves, he IS his character 100%

I missed CM Punk until Raw. Now I hope he only returns to win the rumble and explode peoples minds down the line.

Jericho had signs at Raw, was that just in hope or was he supposed to be there? RVD Signs were accurate.

Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: The new era starts here! (includes Raw spoilers)   Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:47 am

Party bus guy is Adam Rose, his theme music is catchy as fuck, used to be Leo Kruger.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7041 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: The new era starts here! (includes Raw spoilers)   Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:02 am

Paul heyman was awesome.when he talked slowly to the crowd was genius. His best work I've ever seen from him i think. Lesnar's fade throughout was great also.

The shield stare down with evolution lite was great. But that's the shield all over. As sexton said, they don't need the in ring promos etc. their back stage stuff is enough.

It looks like Adam Rose should go into 3MB. Personally I think it will be a waste of the good promo work he's done but if it is to happen, perhaps the chosen one could be the one again? Evolution member springs to mind.

Paige winning the title was ok but the match was over very quickly. I understand the logic behind it. Shock debut. Title win. I can't help think AJ is being punished for getting engaged to CM Punk. I lived the "best Diva In The World" comment.

So now we have the new era, what do you want to happen go forward?

Firstly, a little thing that bugs me for some reason, I want Cesaro and Big E to have their old names back. Antonio Cesaro and Big E Langston. The shortened versions sound rediculous in my opinion.

I want Lesnar to go on an undefeated streak - and make them acknowledge it by counting each victory, similar like they did with Goldberg.

With The Shield and Evolution Lite rivalry, I think dean ambrose should loose the US title to Randy orton. Ambrose doesn't carry it all the time and i don't think he needs it just now. He hardly defends it anyway. Orton suits having a belt on his shoulder (if that makes sense).

I want Daniel Bryan to defend his title against different guys, not the same guy for 4 PPV's in a row. I remember in 1996 when Shawn Michaels won the belt at WM12, that year he fought The British BUlldog, Vader and MAnkind in the remaining 9months of the year. Have number one contender matches more often. I know this wont happen because of the authority storyline but HHH could get different guys in to try and take the title off Bryan - leading to the two of them going one and one.

Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The new era starts here! (includes Raw spoilers)   Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:50 am

I prefer Cesaro's name as just Cesaro - it sounds a bit like Caesar, meaning King / Emperor / Ruler. It works for me.

Wade Barrett's gimmick could be amazing, if they gave him better material. Barrett is pretty funny, just let him cut loose on some anti-US stuff about how great the UK is and watch the heat. I'm certain him and William Regal could come up with some absolute golden stuff.

Going forward, I want to see this at extreme Rules:

Shield vs Evolution in a tornado tag streetfight.
Bryan vs Cesaro for the WWE title.
A No 1 contenders match. I'd love WWE to start doing these for the next PPV, rather than just dumping Cena in a title match again.

Most shockingly, I want Lesnar off TV until Summerslam. Let Cesaro have the Heyman spotlight for a while.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: The new era starts here! (includes Raw spoilers)   Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:58 am

I don't know if they are punishing AJ, just like they weren't punishing the shield with WM match, more like punishing billy gunn/showing that HHH is happy for them to squash his buddys. AJ way under sold Paiges move (on purpose imo) so might be punished for that though!

Yeah, tbh Orton winning US could be good, but he's already said he only wants the main one, so maybe he could defend it vs Orton then drop it to Del Rio or someone.

Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: The new era starts here! (includes Raw spoilers)   Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:13 pm

potential storyline fuck up situation alert. Apparently Dean Ambrose was injured at main event vs Wyatts. Don't know how bad as I don't watch. I'm betting one million VKM bucks that it was Eric Rowan though. He's terrible, and if it was him,it won't be long until he's gone.

Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: The new era starts here! (includes Raw spoilers)   Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:59 pm

Raw this week was entirely put together by Stephanie and Triple H.

If that's true then it can surely only be a good thing, especially if it's an example of where the company is going to go when they do get complete power?
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The new era starts here! (includes Raw spoilers)   Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:41 pm

Aye, Vince is definitely starting to take a backwards step. In previous years, there's no way he would have left Mania to go to the hospital with the Undertaker.

Back to top Go down
ashton430
Wide eyed child watching his first Wrestlemania

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 22 Favourite Wrestler : Taker, Mr Perfect and The Rock

PostSubject: Re: The new era starts here! (includes Raw spoilers)   Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:49 pm

Hopefully this continues they are realising that just pushing same people is not the way to go
Back to top Go down
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: The new era starts here! (includes Raw spoilers)   Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:19 pm

Grecian wrote:
I prefer Cesaro's name as just Cesaro - it sounds a bit like Caesar, meaning King / Emperor / Ruler. It works for me.

I think they're gonna start doing that now, watching Smackdown now and Heyman refers to Cesaro by Cesaro. Also on the little pop up that appears when they're walking down the ring says "Cesaro" and not Antonio.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: The new era starts here! (includes Raw spoilers)   Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:52 pm

It was changed to just Cesaro a few weeks ago, the same with Big E dropping Langston from his name.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new era starts here! (includes Raw spoilers)   

Back to top Go down

The new era starts here! (includes Raw spoilers)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum-
Jump to: