Wrestling Forum And Videos

HomeThe Portal!FAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

it's done, what next

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ashton430
Wide eyed child watching his first Wrestlemania

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 22 Favourite Wrestler : Taker, Mr Perfect and The Rock

PostSubject: it's done, what next   Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:08 pm

Taker is no longer holder of the streak for years the biggest thing I wanted was for some up and comer to take the streak and be given a huge push from it, I would not have given it to Brock but thats another discussion for another day.

My question is what is the biggest thing you want to see done now, I would love to see a huge heel turn by Cena although I don't think it would happen, other than that I would like to see the return of the of the European or Hardcore belts something for the lower card to go for. Even th light heavyweight title would be good
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Number of posts : 12875

PostSubject: Re: it's done, what next   Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:52 pm

I agree belt wise. With only one title what has smackdown got? I want to see the Euro belt back on Barrett and for him, Swagger and Cesaro to be in a 3 way for ve US, EURO, INT belts next year. 3 titles on Cesaro would be the step before a world title chance after next years mania. He could announce he'll vacate all 3 to set up 3 comps to conclude at NoC Where he can ceremonially hang up the belts at the start of the show, ready to main event for the Worlds. (real classic 80s 90s stuff for Mr.throwback.

As for the streak I've always wanted it to end and the guy to threaten his own streak. After a few years it being pointed out he hasn't lost since. Then Taker can live on throtti everyone else, for whoever beats each streak gets his supposed power. Brock could go 10-0 imo. But he may just not lose on Raw or PPV for 1-2 years instead.

Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history

Number of posts : 5526

PostSubject: Re: it's done, what next   Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:13 pm

The more I think about it, the more I think Lesnar was the absolute perfect choice to end it.

Firstly, he's a completely legit fighter.

Secondly, if he'd lost the Streak to an up-and-comer - what happens with that guy then? He's  an immediate heel for starters. Let's say for the sake of argument that Roman Reigns was the guy. to start with, he has to be built as a perceived threat to the Streak - a singles match with Reigns would not have done that. He's barely done anything on his own.

Assuming that Reigns has just beaten Taker, what do you do with him then? If he's the guy that has done something that Triple H (3 times), HBK (twice), Randy Orton, Edge, Batista, CM Punk couldn't do - how does he then lose to anyone else on the roster? Put simply, he can't lose to anyone. How can he go from beating Taker to losing on PPV to say, Sheamus or Rey?

Or if WWE had gone with a full-time main eventer? Bryan, Batista and Orton were already sorted. Rock wouldn't have the credibility (and the thought of the Streak going to an actor is just terrifying), Triple H was already in the Bryan angle and not even he would have had the balls to end it after failing three times, Sheamus falls into the same category as Roman Reigns with the immediate heel turn, Rey, ADR, Ziggler have all been jobbers for the past couple of years...

Which leaves Cena. He'd have been faced with the heel turn scenario, the loss of revenue for WWE, and quite possibly a riot in New Orleans.

Lesnar can now disappear for a couple of months, come back in the summer and be a complete threat the second he comes back.

As much as I hated seeing the Streak end, Lesnar is the absolute perfect choice.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Number of posts : 12875

PostSubject: Re: it's done, what next   Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:46 pm

The fact he was so big so young helps too. He's made his name around the world since his first stint as THE legit wrestler. Possibley the only wrestler who people truly fear because he is genuinely badass. And now he could keep coming back for years to come, like Taker did and still be that threat, whoever the opponent. I agree with the young guy push too when you think about it, they could not do a full schedule because they'd never be able to lose, so everyone else would struggle to get a big push because the one guy would always be there to beat them.

Now Brock and Heyman are huge news, Cesaro is working with Heyman so is even more credible. And 3 outcast style wrestlers who'd probably be overlooked 5 years ago (Bryan, Ambrose, Rollins) and one mega beast in Reigns are able to feud with real top name guys, instead of squashing the midcard which is what most people have to settle with as their push.

PostSubject: Re: it's done, what next   

Back to top Go down

it's done, what next
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum-
Jump to: