HomeThe Portal!FAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Raw 21st April

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7065 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Raw 21st April   Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:00 am

Not the greatest raw but it told the story well leading to extreme rules with 3 main points to the show.

1) Daniel bryan opened the show coming down the ring. brie bella was already there. which i thought was strange at first - then michael cole announced that they had got married. bryan didnt say anything in the ring and stephine mcmahon came to the ring. Kane was announced as the no1 contender to Daniel Bryan.

Daniel Bryan didnt look right at all in the ring. I read that his dad had recently passed away but there was no mention of it on raw. Explains the beat down by Kane I suppose. Keep him off TV until extreme rules, let him grieve.

2) evolution cut a promo in the ring before the shield came out. Evolution backed up the ramp. The shield went on to say they've been beat up before and will probably get beat up again. But not we are going to beat you up (something along those lines anyway). As they approached evolution the 11 guys who beat them down last week stud on the ramp surrounding evolution.

3) bray Wyatt cut a promo on the ramp. I'll be honest, I can't remember what he said as mini mack decided to play with his talking Thomas the tank. But I do remember it going on for a while. Then Cena cut a backstage promo saying the objective of tonight was to survive. Then the match. 3 on 1 handicap match. Cena v the Wyatt family. The beat down on Cena happened through the night but Cena wins via DQ. At the end of the show, Cena is lying flat out in the ring and bray Wyatt is sitting down with Cena's head on him lap song "he's got the whole world in his hands" as raw went of the air.

Worth able mentions:

Bad News Barrett beat Sheamus clean to advance to the final of IC tournement. Glad to see Barrett getting a bit of a run.

Ryback on conmmentry was great.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Number of posts : 13016

PostSubject: Re: Raw 21st April   Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:59 am

two clean wins for Barrett now. You can always tell when someone is getting a push, as their finisher gets built up with them. And it does look quality and like he can hit you from anywhere.

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7065 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Raw 21st April   Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:04 am

Yeah. I can see him winning the belt in all fairness.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Raw 21st April   Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:34 pm

I could still see the Euro belt coming back too, as there are alot of top Euro guys.

I'll comment more on Raw when i've finishedgu tonight, but 1st half there was alot of promos, which was refreshing. It's like HHH read our comments about them being good backstage but need testing in front of the crowd. Ambrose was my favourite of the Shield ones, but he needed to pause after his cream puff remark to let the crowd chant. But like we said, so far they'd been kept from the crowd so need the experience.

Number of posts : 5630

PostSubject: Re: Raw 21st April   Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:39 pm

Aye, his father died either the day of Raw or the day before. He looked emotional as hell at the start.

I really liked the Barrett / Sheamus match. I'm starting to like Barrett, especially the little nods to 1970's British wrestling with the hand claps, shouting 'you shut up!' at the crowd... going to be awesome when he's in the UK in a few weeks.

Evolution vs Shield is the only match at Extreme Rules that I want to see.

Back to top Go down
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: Raw 21st April   Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:45 pm

Even though its been done I'm intreged how Bryan and Kane go. Can see swagger v Cesaro happening too. For a post mania PPV I think it's building ok.

Respect to Bryan.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Raw 21st April   Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:14 pm

I hope RVD doesn't get a belt straight away and they cement Barrett's push. Seems likely if big e is face now that Barrett will advance?

Glad they ran with Swagger interference that match HAS to happen, looks like the 2 managers will be heavilly involved too. Crowd don't know who to cheer or boo, they like we the people and they like the swinging move, older fans like both as wrestlers. The young ones need to be told who to support though.

Can Barrett hit a bull hammer on a mid frog splash RVD? is my question for next week! And yeah grec, I remember tim lovejoy and soccer am brought back the whole 70's wrestler stuff with sketches on the show, then it took off at football games, now it's back in wrestling with Barrett. He'll get the UK crowd doing the EASY/BAD NEWS clap in no time, the US crowd need to learn 'non 3 syllable' chants from the UK as they looked confused when Barrett tried to get it going.

Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Raw 21st April   Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:01 am

for anyone who has consistantly kept up with WWE a whole lot better than me. When was the last time, post Mania, that they really started to build up all the future stars properly? I know they have got in to a bit of a mess by not doing so recently so kind of have to, but they have had chances in the past and must have just bottled it. At one stage they had CM Punk, John Morrison, Elijah Burke, Ken Anderson and probaly a few more, but they made a complete mess of those guys. Evolution obviously did wonders for 2 guys, but was there any other time since 98 when they did what they are doing now?

PostSubject: Re: Raw 21st April   Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:30 am

In 2012, we had Tensai, Ryback and Brock returning on the same night... and the first 2 of those worked out really well...

2013, I don't think we had any debuts / big pushes that I can think of.

Aside from that, it's usually one or two guys getting pushed, always used to be one on Smackdown, one on Raw. Then they wouldnt be rivalling Stone Cold a fortnight after, and the push was chopped (see: Evan Bourne, The Brian Kendrick, Khali, Kozlov, Chris Masters...).

Last time two new guys came through at roughly the same time who looked like they'd break through and become huge stars was MVP and Kennedy/Anderson.

WWE have ballsed up a lot of pushes over the past 5 years or so, this time it all seems different, somehow. Possibly because a lof of them can actually work, they look different from each other, and they all seem to have defined characters already.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Raw 21st April   Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:52 pm

not sure Raw deserves it's own new thread this week. It was a bit slow, the crowd were terrible though.

My highlight was probably Ric Flairs 'impression' of Dean Ambrose. Then he endorsed Shield soon after which the crowd kind of didn't react to. Haha Ambrose flying across the table as I write this was pretty funny too. Why aren't the crowd booing though? They are barely cheering Orton in his home town either. It's just dead.

Hesth Slater's Kid

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15859 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Raw 21st April   Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:48 pm

I thought cena sounded very heelish in his promos I think this raw was awful kane will lose all this monster image they are building up will go as soon as bryan beats him at extreme rules so is pointless

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something." - Eminem
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Raw 21st April   Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:10 pm

I thought I could finally see the Cena heel turn coming, then read that his merch sales for the past year were 5 times greater than anyone else which is impressive with how over Bryan has got, and that choir was creepy as fuck, the crowd were shite though.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Raw 21st April   Thu May 01, 2014 8:40 am

They keep teasing the heel turn, but I can't see it happening for another 12 months, at least. Not until Bryan or a Shield member has got somewhere close to his sales.

Opening of Raw this week was great, rest of the show was a bit shit, but I'm rapidly becoming a big fan of Wade Barrett. the end brawl seemed a bit flat though.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Raw 21st April   Thu May 01, 2014 9:43 am

Big E is completely fucked haha. If he thinks he has a chance after weeks of nothingness and a Barrett push, then he's never seen wrestling. Feels like Barrett will go over clean in under 5 minutes to save time for Swagger and Cesaro to have a longer match. His only hope is a mini rivalry starting at ER if they want Barrett to win in manchester instead.

Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Raw 21st April   Thu May 01, 2014 9:47 am

UK tour can't come soon enough either. Remind the americans how to do live crowds, since all the europeans have come home the crowds have been wank.

PostSubject: Re: Raw 21st April   

Back to top Go down

Raw 21st April
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum-
Jump to: