HomeThe Portal!FAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Payback and raw spoilers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7030 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Payback and raw spoilers   Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:09 pm

I thought payback was one of the best PPV's of the year. Cena v Wyatt stole the show again for me. The Luke harper spot where he suplexed one of the Uso's from the top turn buckle through the table was awesome! I don't mind Cena winning this.

Evolution and shield match was a bit stop start affair but good. First it a brawl, then a tag match then ended in the brawl again with the shield winning with a clean sweep. Rollins spot off the torn was canny.

Daniel Bryan was going to hand over the title until Brie stepped on and announced she'd quit...then slapped the taste from Steph's mouth.

The rest of the card was quite good. No title changes. Notable mention was Cody Rhodes telling Goldust to find a new partner after another loss to rybaxel (who has lovely new hats).

Now onto Raw...

The biggest shock: Batista quitting cos of the broken promises. later in the show orton says he and hhh are as tigjt as ever. randy Orton announces he'll face Roman Reigns in the main event in the main event. The shield come out and are in the ring. Evolution come out minus Batista. HHH is holding his sledgehammer. Seth Rollins goes for a chair. Evolution gets to ringside and announces he has plan B. reigns and ambrose step forward towards HHH and orton. Then suddenly Rollins - still holding the chair - and beats the poopie out of reigns and ambrose. Raw goes off the air with orton, HHH and Rollins standing over ambrose and reigns.

And breathe....discuss also.
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: Payback and raw spoilers   Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:34 pm

I watched both Payback and Raw - very unusual for me but I enjoyed them for the most part.

Payback actually intrigued me going in even though the general consensus was that it was a weak card. The Rhodes brothers angle was pretty interesting and I wouldn't be surprised if it's an ongoing thing each week with Goldust +1 vs Rybaxel culminating in the return of Booker T.

The John Cena Bray Wyatt match was good - I liked having the Wyatt family and the Uso's at ringside, it added that additional edge to the match. Bray was protected well and I don't think the loss will hurt him, hopefully they move him on and away from Cena. The continuation of the Family vs The Uso's on Raw was also pretty good - they played up that Bray wasn't there and had the empty rocking chair which was a great visual.

Shield vs Evolution... I liked it, I didn't love it but I thought the match told a good story. They pair off and after a while the power of Evolution overcomes the 2 smaller Shield members, Evolution turn it into a 3 on 1 to the powerhouse of the Shield. The spots where Rollins and Ambrose came back were all excellent and they got a good babyface reaction from the crowd. The Shield in the end had to work as a team to knock off every Evolution member to get the win - essentially telling the story that a group is better than 3 individuals.

Onto Raw - I thought it dragged on WAYYYYY too long! I don't watch many of the 3 hour Raw's but there was so much filler/uninteresting matches on this. The key parts as you said Mack were the first and last segments. Batista left and on the app said that he was sick of broken promises - they can use this if he wants to come back for a babyface run vs HHH or Orton later in the year and if not then it's an unimportant throwaway. Obviously the last segment was a complete shock! Of all of the Shield the one I least expected to turn was Rollins, he just doesn't really seem to fit in with the Evolution look - I think he's a great worker and have seen him heel in ROH so hope that he goes well more on his own.

As a more casual Raw watcher I'm intrigued to know why he turned and where they go from this - do the Shield get a new member, could this be the route back in for CM Punk? I genuinely am clueless but will watch Raw next week. As for the show timings I don't know how keen I am to sit through 3 hours of raw again so might have to skip through some of the less interesting segments but I think that's kind of a given these days!

Back to top Go down
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7030 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Payback and raw spoilers   Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:46 pm

Rollins turn was so unexpected bit it kind of makes sense I think. A few weeks back the shield were fighting amongst themselves - especially ambrose and reigns. Rollins was the one holding it all together. Maybe he got sick of it all and HHH got into his head.

Another reason why I think it makes sense is the IWC. The Internet were going crazy about dean ambrose and how good roman reigns is and is a definate future world champion. No one has really mentioned Rollins. We are In The reality era after all. Perhaps it could be jealously from Rollins.

If Daniel Bryan stays champion after MITB then Rollins v Bryan for the title at Battleground or summersl will be worth watching.

What now for the shield? I can't see reigns and ambrose being tag partners. I can see them after their fued with evolution going seperate ways.

What ever happens, I can't wait for raw
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Number of posts : 12833

PostSubject: Re: Payback and raw spoilers   Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:01 pm

I had a weird feeling a few weeks back I thought Reigns would turn, but when they kept up the Reigns punishment at payback I thought someone else would have to turn. The logic behind it may be that Evolution need someone with a different style, they had 3 big guys and lost, Rollins is a live wire and taking him out not only weakens the shield, but gives them a new edge and style. Rollins can be motivated by money and a shot at gold. I was a bit suspicious about there being no Rollins on the poster for mitb, now it makes sense. He'll probably get a new look

Ambrose vs Rollins? Get that booked now. Orton vs Reigns and HHH vs Cm Punk? Maybe save that for Mania, that would be EPIC

Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Payback and raw spoilers   Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:13 pm

a very very small mention from a few weeks ago but still relevant. It's good that Bo is heel. I thought the videos were just for him appealing to kids, but anyone over 12 would boo, but he's a patronising cunt on purpose in his promos and actions. Not unlike the gimmick of Daniel Bryan when the Yes, Yes, Yes started as a heel trait.

Number of posts : 5498

PostSubject: Re: Payback and raw spoilers   Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:12 pm

I must be the only one utterly underwhelmed by it. As soon as they started banging on about the Shield being brothers, I just thought 'one of them is turning'. I think it's too soon, much preferred if they'd stayed together until Survivor Series / December time, then split in time for the Rumble - kept them all face, going with the 'we've done it all as a group, let's go get the world title'. Sets up readymade world title matches in the future, a face-vs-face scenario which doesn't happen all that often - I'd much rather that than what seemed to be another rushed turn.

Back to top Go down
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: Payback and raw spoilers   Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:44 am

I think it's a good move. I also think ambrose will join soon also, giving reigns a huge face push on his own.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: Payback and raw spoilers   Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:19 pm

What makes you think Ambrose would join Mack? If he does how would do you think it would happen?
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: Payback and raw spoilers   Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:56 pm

I don't know. Call it a hunch (like the Daniel Bryan doing double duty at mania). I'd have ambrose in the mitb match along with Rollins. It could come down to ambrose and Rollins both climbing the ladder only for ambrose to jump down and fend off other challengers allowing Rollins to get the belt.

Other than that HHH v reigns (probably summerslam) Rollins comes down to make the save for H. Browse comes to even the odds, only to turn on reigns.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: Payback and raw spoilers   Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:30 pm

Fair enough Mack. Could see the second scenario happening, maybe not the first one but they are both plausible. In any of the upcoming PPVs i think HHH/Orton/Rollins against Ambrose/Reigns in a 3 on 2 handicap match might happen and would be a good match to watch I think.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
Grecian

Number of posts : 5498

PostSubject: Re: Payback and raw spoilers   Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:00 am

Unless they took on another member of the Shield to even the odds? As it stands, it's 3 vs 2.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Payback and raw spoilers   Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:56 pm

I can see Reigns and The Uso's being a stable at some point and The Rock returning AGAIN. That would be decent vs any new version of Evolution. Ambrose could adapt to survive, when he's over the initial rage at Rollins. As 3 vs 2 isn't the best way to survive, but 4 vs 1 is. Then as I say, The Rock and his look a like mix of genetic freaks diluted samoan stable. Perhaps the name will be better.

PostSubject: Re: Payback and raw spoilers   

Back to top Go down

Payback and raw spoilers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum-
Jump to: