HomeThe Portal!FAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

MITB Results (spoilers)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7030 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: MITB Results (spoilers)   Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:58 am

The new heavyweight wwe champion is ROMAN REI...no, it's really John Cena. I watched this live so memory is a little vague.

The show opened with the tag team title belts. IMO the second best match of the night. Luke harper gets better every time I see him. Even row an pit in a good performance. Some great spots by all 4 guys - with the Uso's retained. I can see this fued continuing.

Up next we have the divas championship match. Again, not a bad match between Paige and niomi (I think). Only real mention was Cameron (I think) was laughing when her dance partner was on the receiving end. Potential fued between the funkadactals.

The next match was the MITB briefcase ladderatch. Match of the night on my opinion. Some great spots. Seth Rollins. Ping longing off every part of two ladders on the way to the may in slow motion was a personal high light. Kofi got his usual crazy stunt in too. Bad news Barrett didnt make the match. Dean ambrose had to have his shoulder 'popped ' back in. Doctors sent him to the back - leaving Rollins to pretty much get the case - until ambrose returned. Ambrose cleaned house and was inches away from the case when Kane's Piro hit and his music belts out. He gets to the ring and grabs browse, choke slams him then delivered what can be only described as the weakest tombstone on the history of tombstones. This left Rollins to climb the ladder with lane holding it steady. Winner - the son of HHH (*giggles*)

Now the rest I don't really have great details on duie to nodding on and off but big E lost to rusev. Not a bar match and got more time than they did at payback.

Layla defeated summer Rae with fandango special referee.

Now the main event ladderatch for the belts. Before the match HHH and Steph made there way to ringside and took a seat next to. The announce table. Apologies for lack of review on this I was a Churchill nodding dog at the time. Orton toon a nasty bump to the head resulting in blood everywhere. Doctors has to take a look. Reigns jumped through the ladder to spear Kane (looks better when u see it ). The ladder was used as a seasaw a few times. Kane was once more holding the ladder steady only for orton this time to have a free run at the belt, until Cena e on, AA'd Kane then AA'd orton off ther ladder and to climb himself and won the gold.

Overall, just above average PPV saved by the briefcase mitb match and tag match. worth the 15 IMO but others might disagree.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: MITB Results (spoilers)   Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:06 pm

The Rollins spot looked quality

The RKO on Cesaro was even better.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: MITB Results (spoilers)   Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:47 pm

Thought it was a decent event, the title match was spoiled for me when I woke up this morning and checked instagram I saw a picture of Cena with the title so that ruined what was a decent match for me.

The money in the bank ladder match was good, thought Kofi was going to win it there for a second until Rollins did.

Diva matches were ok, thought Cameron was going to enter the match and cost Naomi the match.

the tag title match was fantastic, really thought luke harper and eric Rowan were going to win at one or two points in the match
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
Grecian

Number of posts : 5498

PostSubject: Re: MITB Results (spoilers)   Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:28 pm

I really enjoyed. Absolutely loved the tag title match, definitely the match of the night, and even the tag match of the year so far. Uso's are just unbelievably consistently good, Harper is amazing for such a big dude - his suicide dives through the ropes look stunning.

Paige vs Naomi was also a good match. I don't think I'd realised how athletic Naomi is - if this had been a match between two men, I think a lot of people would be absolutely raving about it.

MITB match was great. I did think at one point Kofi had it won, but it had to be either Ambrose or Rollins. Both of these guys are headed towards the main event bracket. Swagger really impressed me too.

Big E vs Rusev was better than I thought it would be, E's spear on the apron looked nasty, Rusev is little more than this month's monster, he'll get smashed by Cena before the year is out.

Can't remember much about Goldust & Stardust vs Rybaxel, other than it struck me how Cody Rhodes will never be anything more than a midcarder for life. He's in the same bracket as Ziggler, Kofi, Swagger, even Del Rio - never going to threaten the main event. Ever.

Layla vs Summer Rae was the worst thing on the card, and should have been done on Raw.

Finally, the world title match. I loved how all Cena did for virtually the entire match was roll into the ring, get smashed out of it, sell on the outside, roll into the ring, get smashed out of it... Almost as if he'd been told 'Look, let the other guys do the work, just stay out of the way, but don't worry - you'll still win!'. Glad they didn't go with Reigns just yet (hoping he wins the Rumble and the big one at Mania), I would have Wyatt to win it though.

All in all, a really good show. One shit match, two blindingly good ones, shame about the ending, but 15 well spent for me.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Number of posts : 12833

PostSubject: Re: MITB Results (spoilers)   Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:23 pm

the only disappointing thing with event apart from the low midcard tag match and fandango break, was it just felt predictable again. I didn't like the pacing of the world title match, because it was too obvious they were just taking turns waiting for Cena to do a move and win, HHH could have made it better by screwing Reigns, but taking his eye off the ball while brawling, as Cena took out his guys to win, but he just sat there like a lemon, oh yeah adam rose was on the PPV too...

Despite being predictable the Tag match was still exciting, after Raw I knew the Uso's would retain, because they made the heels look strong, text book. It's a shame Rowan is so far behind Harper, i'm sure he nearly injures someone by botching in every appearance. He has no coordination.

MitB was my highlight. I'd have marked out genuinely for an Ambrose win, but Seth makes far more sense. I predicted they will duel over the case for a while, and that would further their rivalry to main event worthy.

Reigns was made to look strong again, keep his push going vs Orton, Kane ready for the big shove in 2015.

Cesaro climbing a tilted over ladder like a mountain climber was good. Sheamus, Cesaro, Del Rio and Bray can make the US title important if they go that way for a bit. RVD and Kofi should have some matches with Ziggler and Swagger until Barrett can compete. That would spice up eventatal INT competition.

What is up with Big E's voice. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Number of posts : 5498

PostSubject: Re: MITB Results (spoilers)   Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:25 pm

Sometimes, I don't think predictable is a bad thing. if a story is being laid out long-term, like Rollins and Ambrose is, swerving people for the sake of it just messes things up.

E's voice is an attempt at personality and charisma, I think. Not too sure though.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Number of posts : 12833

PostSubject: Re: MITB Results (spoilers)   Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:49 pm

the MitB was fine, I wanted Rollins to win for the rivalries sake. And still got excited during the match. It was the main event that felt flat, for me. And HHH could have added more excitement without any storyline changes. He may not want lots of matches, but he could have done something other than sit there looking helpless, it didn't fit the character just letting Cena win. If he'd brawled with Reigns for 30 seconds just before Cena won, and just got back to Steph for the belt grab, then acted shocked and frustrated, it would have been a very good finish with nearly the exact same final image to end on, just with HHH looking more flustered and less like a lemon.

NXT Champion
NXT Champion

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: MITB Results (spoilers)   Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:02 pm

Agreed with regards to Triple H. What was the point of him being out there if he wasn't going to do anything?

Really enjoyed the PPV other than Adam Rose and the Fandango thing. Even the Divas Title match was pretty good. But who did Damien Sandow upset to end up in the spot he's in at the moment?
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: MITB Results (spoilers)   Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:45 am

I haven't watched the ppv nor do I intend to but looking at it, Cena winning the title isn't as bad as it sounds if he is the guy who is going to be fed to Lesnar. It makes more sense for an established guy like Cena to lose the title to Brock and then a new up and comer i.e. Reigns, Cesaro etc can then take the title off him at Mania.

I don't know about anyone else but I'd much rather see Cena get battered by Brock than a potential new star.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MITB Results (spoilers)   

Back to top Go down

MITB Results (spoilers)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum-
Jump to: