HomeThe Portal!FAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

The question and opinion thread.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7059 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: The question and opinion thread.   Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:12 am

Pretty simple really. Just ask a question. There are no right or wrong answers. They are your opinions to the question asked. Might get some healthy debate going. After you have answered, please ask another question to keep the thread going.

I'll start: what year do you think was the best in WWF / E? Not in only wrestling but storylines etc.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

Number of posts : 5597

PostSubject: Re: The question and opinion thread.   Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:14 am

Triple H, McMahon, Rock, Austin, Foley, Taker all at their peaks, Angle starting to show what he can do, a great tag division, and a midcard that actually meant something.

Who do you think WWE really dropped a bollock over? Who could have a massive star... but wasn't?

Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: The question and opinion thread.   Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:57 am

Personally I think Bill Goldberg could have been bigger in WWE but I'm honestly not sure how they could have booked him better therefore I would put his failure (yes I regard his WWE as a failure) down to him.

So someone who I think could have been bigger but WWE fucked up, for me, and I'm sure a lot of you will sigh at my answer as its the obvious one but it's got to be CM Punk. I haven't been as excited about wrestling and WWE in a long long time after when he left with the title at Money in the Bank and the way they booked him after that was nothing shorter than horrible. To have him book on television after (correct me if I'm wrong) about a month and then to lose the title, have him feud with Kevin Nash of all people and then lose to HHH in a dreadful match was pitiful. For me he never really recovered and could have took over from Cena as the no1. babyface.

For all I know he could come back soon and become the next big baby face but I doubt it.

Shout outs also to Tazz, Low Ki and Raven.

My question is; if you could change the outcome to one match in history, what would it be?
Back to top Go down
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: The question and opinion thread.   Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:19 pm

I'd say the Nexus v Team Cena match although that's an obvious one. Another fairly obvious one I can think of is probably Randy Orton when he fought Triple H at WM25 I think. Going into the feud Orton was pretty good as a heel and should of won to continue it.

Aside from everybody who's in WWE right now, who would you sign for the company?

Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: The question and opinion thread.   Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:49 pm

As its the same answer to Grecian's question. Mr Anderson/Kennedy. Should have been absolutely huge in WWE. Unfortunate with his injury while Mr Money in the Bank, however the concept of him wanting to go the whole year and cash in at WM24 was great. He was so good on the mic and had a decent move set. Kind of did himself over when he was about to be named McMahon's illegitimate son but still could have been made big if they'd kept him away from Orton instead of firing him.

What is a fued you wish had happened but never has?
Back to top Go down
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7059 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: The question and opinion thread.   Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:12 am

Hull hogan v ric flair in the early nineties. The two were pretty much at the two main names around at the time. Flair had just won the title at the run me 92 and it was rumoured he was meant to face hogan at wrestlemania eight. They planted seeds and faced each other at a few house shows but the crowd just didnt get it, like it for some reason so they went with flair v savage and hogan v Sid. It was also rumoured one of them didnt want to work with the other (probably hogan but not sure).

Question: as someone not familiar with the indies, who is the guy wwe should sign up to NXT? Prince Devitt and KENTA just signed (both who I haven't a clue about).
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The question and opinion thread.   Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:33 am

hodge13 wrote:
What is a fued you wish had happened but never has?

If I can also go back and reply to this one - I would have loved to have seen Edge vs HBK. Rated R Superstar vs HBK in 2008 would have been absolutely epic.

Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The question and opinion thread.   Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:34 am

Mackem wrote:

Question: as someone not familiar with the indies, who is the guy wwe should sign up to NXT? Prince Devitt and KENTA just signed (both who I haven't a clue about).

They've signed most of the names I can think of!

Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: The question and opinion thread.   Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:10 pm

Mackem wrote:

To be honest I'd say the best signing WWE could make right now would be the Young Bucks (formerly Generation Me in TNA). They are so good right now wrestling in New Japan and the US indies - they'd be a great fit in an expanding tag division.

Question: You get to hit a huge reset button on one WWE superstar's career and bring them to the main roster fresh again, who would it be?
Back to top Go down
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: The question and opinion thread.   Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:19 am

For me it would have to be Jeff Hardy, and I think if you could ask him the same question, he would say himself. Great talent but was took over the demeans in his head. weather he would of won a few world titles or not is another matter but he would be in the main event scene without a doubt.

Brodus Clay is another I would press the reset button. The funkasaurouss on paper was a good gimmick but it didnt catch on with the big friendly giants of the big show and the great khali. Clay has talent. There was room for a monster heel at the time of his debut as mark Henry was out injured. I wonder who's idea it was to give Henry the hall of pain catchphrase.

Not necessarily press reset but press continue button for edge if he wasn't injured.

Question: if you could pick any manager, past or present, and put him with any superstar, past or present, who would you pair up?
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The question and opinion thread.   Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:22 am

Mackem wrote:
For me it would have to be Jeff Hardy, and I think if you could ask him the same question, he would say himself. Great talent but was took over the demeans in his head. weather he would of won a few world titles or not is another matter but he would be in the main event scene without a doubt.

Brodus Clay is another I would press the reset button. The funkasaurouss on paper was a good gimmick but it didnt catch on with the big friendly giants of the big show and the great khali. Clay has talent. There was room for a monster heel at the time of his debut as mark Henry was out injured. I wonder who's idea it was to give Henry the hall of pain catchphrase.

Not necessarily press reset but press continue button for edge if he wasn't injured.

Question: if you could pick any manager, past or present, and put him with any superstar, past or present, who would you pair up?

The story goes that Brodus came up with the Hall of Pain, but WWE gave it to Henry instead.

I'd have to go with Heenan (greatest manager ever, he was sooooo good) being teamed with a heel Dolph Ziggler.

If you could sign one of Rock, Austin, Hogan or Triple H at their peak, which one do you go for?

Back to top Go down
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: The question and opinion thread.   Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:08 am

As much as I want to say Austin because he was a personal favourite of probably go with HHH during his DX days in 1998 just after shawn left. He really come into his own then. Leading to the Vegas wedding and leading into 1999.

Question: what colour t-shirt do you prefer John Cena to wear?

Back to top Go down
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: The question and opinion thread.   Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:15 pm

Ok stupid question so I'll ask another.

Do you think Razor Ramon would of been world champion of he stayed in wwe?
Back to top Go down
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: The question and opinion thread.   Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:58 pm

I always liked Cena's red shirts. As for Razor Ramon, I think so, providing he stayed clean I think he would of definitely won a world title.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
thedmd
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Location : USA Number of posts : 1151 Favourite Wrestler : Jeff Hardy, Gregory Helms,
Christian, Kenny Omega

PostSubject: Re: The question and opinion thread.   Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:01 am

I think he would have been a contender but with his "issues" he'd been a once in a while main event middle card wrestler,

Do you think that the WWE would benefit from having another invasion kind of story with Sting as the leader of a new version of the Alliance
Back to top Go down
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: The question and opinion thread.   Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:09 am

Personally no. For this to happen sting would probably have to get most of the NxT guys to invade. This would leave NxT pointless. Also wwe ruined it when they could of genuinely made an invasion work. It would also be similar to the nexus storyline. I can see however a team sting v authority in a survivor series match being ok.

Why do you think John Cena is the babyface of the company. Never turn heel and the poster boy of the wwe? Why not someone else?
Back to top Go down
thedmd
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Location : USA Number of posts : 1151 Favourite Wrestler : Jeff Hardy, Gregory Helms,
Christian, Kenny Omega

PostSubject: Re: The question and opinion thread.   Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:39 am

I'll try to make this as heterosexual sounding as possible but, Cena is a clean, good looking guy who seems to work hard and genuinely enjoy what he's doing. I think it also has a lot to do with the WWE not being open enough to change at this point if Cena turned heel I don't think he could pull it off plus you have to take into account how many adults would love to see it happen verse kids who never want him to be anything but the WWE's Superhero baby face.

Seeing how Kenta has been supposedly signed by the WWE do you think he will use the GTS as a finisher since he has been credited as the "innovator" of the move? And do you think that if Punk does come back they will immediately throw them into a rivalry
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The question and opinion thread.   Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:23 pm

Punk isn't coming back, and nor will Kenta be anywhere near the main roster for a good year / 18 months at the absolute least. To be fair, although guys like us will know who Kenta is, I'd wager a good 50% of the WWE fanbase have no idea who he is. If Punk comes back, and if Kenta gets something resembling a main event push, this one is at least three years off.

What would the wrestling business be like now if WCW had won the Monday Night War?

Back to top Go down
thedmd
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Christian, Kenny Omega

PostSubject: Re: The question and opinion thread.   Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:55 am

Honestly I could see WCW going bankrupt a few years after the monday night wars ended and wrestling as a whole would be even less mainstream than it is now, I think Vince would probably find a way to keep his business going but it would have to be at a less showy program, though like I said if WCW went bankrupt than in the end Vince would end up with all the talent just perhaps the process wouldn't be as far along as it is now.

If ROH and TNA merged could they eventually become a contender with the WWE, (assuming some talent got cut in the merger of course)
Back to top Go down
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: The question and opinion thread.   Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:01 am

Not really a contender as wwe is entertainment while ROH is all about wrestling of that makes sense. Fans would watch both for different reasons. If they merged I think they'd break off again before they got anywhere close to wwe

Would Daniel Bryan have been in the main event at wrestlemania 30 if CM punk had stuck around?
Back to top Go down
thedmd
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Christian, Kenny Omega

PostSubject: Re: The question and opinion thread.   Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:58 am

I honestly don't think he would have been though I would have liked to see it be a Fatal 4 Way with Punk involved, maybe have one of the two sacrifice themselves to help the other win creating a "you wouldn't have won without me," feud

Who will be the WWE's next John Cena?
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The question and opinion thread.   Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:19 pm

I don't think there will be another Cena, certainly not in terms of having a main event career that's lasted over a decade without a heel turn. I think the crowd today makrs it almost impossible for someone to stay either heel or face for anything over a couple of years.

if I had to guess who WWE's next break-out good guy would be, I'd opt for Dean Ambrose.

If the Streak hadn't ended against Brock Lesnar, who should have ended it?

Back to top Go down
thedmd
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Christian, Kenny Omega

PostSubject: Re: The question and opinion thread.   Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:31 am

I personally would not have ended the streak, I think Bray Wyatt would have been kinda cool, the buzzards picking away at the deadman

there are many lower card guys that are just lost in the shuffle which two would you pair up to become the next Tag Team Champs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The question and opinion thread.   

Back to top Go down

The question and opinion thread.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum-
Jump to: