View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history

Number of posts : 5602

PostSubject: Raw 28 July   Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:03 pm

Bit of an odd show this week...

Opens with a blinding promo between Cena and Heyman - no Brock. This then segued into a match with Cesaro and Cena, where Cena seemed to be trying desperately to show that he can wrestle. He didn't do anything wrong, or botch anything that I noticed, but he seems to be too muscled up to be able to move slowly. By Cena's standards, an odd match rather than a bad one, if that makes sense?

Other big happenings:

Bo Dallas lost his unbeaten streak to R-Truth, of all people. Nothing says your push is finished more than jobbing to Truth!

Orton battered Roman Reigns to virtually no reaction.

Show closed with the first time I've seen a WWE crowd chant 'This is awesome!' at two women. The promo between Steph and Brie Bella was better than Heyman / Cena earlier in the show, both were brilliant. Steph is now just awesome to watch, she's finally nailed exactly how to be an amazing heel. The slap that laid out Brie looked like she properly connected too.

Back to top Go down
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7059 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Raw 28 July   Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:29 pm

I feel Cena is always better when he is the under-dog. Lesnar is a beast and should win. Cena's promo was awesome. I also feel this was Heymans best work since mania. He has become very stale in my opinion.

The ending was great. Brie looked nervous a little but that is understandable. This is her 1st big storyline. I have a feeling that we could see HHH in stephs corner and Bryan in Brie's. I hope not but I can hear the crowd in a yes chant as big as WM30 with brie and bryan in the ring.

I kind of liked the bo dallas lose. I think he will continue as he normally does and go on like the lose didn't happen.

Randy Orton is a strange one. Either like you said the crowd just didn't buy it or they were stunned into silence that Reigns took such a beating.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Number of posts : 12976

PostSubject: Re: Raw 28 July   Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:41 pm

I think they were chanting "Jamie Noble" as the show closed.

Steph is awesome though, maybe a little over acting on the acceptance, but she is doing great. Up there with her "drown him, Hunter!" moment. And she does the humiliation spots that Vince did.

Cena cut his best promo in ages, he's been dull as anything recently, but was free to be himself against Heyman. The match was odd, but Cole didn't sell it properly, he needed to say how Cena is doing basic technical wrestling to prove a point, but when Cesaro started throwing punches he got more physical. It was awkward and I agree, his arms especially are just too bulky to grapple with traditional moves, which is why the STF looks weird, he has stumpy wide arms so needs the opponent to bend their back and neck more to sell it for him. I realised something quite obvious about the FU though, Cena needs a finish he can do on anyone when he's got opponents like Brock. He's faced every big man around and can quite impressively flip them over on to the mat. Khali. Big show etc

Bo has failed only because the crowds sometimes don't understand he's heel. So he needed to lose and react. He was never really getting pushed, just winning so he could be arrogant and patronising, which people didn't really get. Now he's attacked someone and still acted like a saint people might boo. His character resembles a cult follower or uber Christian family type. Similar character subject as Bray, they are obviously like minded with ideas. I can see them tagging again, but in WWE proper, at some point.

Ambrose missing killed a bit of momentum, Rollins vs Jericho was so, so.

Orton was better than usual, or back to how he once was.

Next week will probably be better, we the people.

Number of posts : 5602

PostSubject: Re: Raw 28 July   Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:50 am

I think the problem with Bo is that his act doesn't translate to a large crowd. In a small, couple of hundred people in the NXT arena, it works - people can see what he's doing, hear his interaction with his opponent, but in front of 14000 or so on Raw, it just doesn't come across. I do kinda like his cheesy stuff, and his promo's, but what he's doing is very much Honky Tonk Man in the 1980s, and has low-card-comedy-heel stamped all over it.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Number of posts : 12976

PostSubject: Re: Raw 28 July   Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:55 am

the weird thing is it shouldn't really be cute and funny, which is how people are reacting (let's laugh at the smiling dope) it's supposed to be annoying and patronising and more dark. Telling a dwarf 'it's okay little guy, one day you'll grow up' is probably supposed to offend people, but like you say it's more a TV character than one for the big live audience. It's a shame because as a mid card deal, it's pretty creative, and they can explore the darker humour of American cult society. Smile and everything will be okay if you believe in (insert any random crap)

PostSubject: Re: Raw 28 July   

Back to top Go down

Raw 28 July
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum-
Jump to: