Wrestling at the moment

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history

Number of posts : 5622

PostSubject: Wrestling at the moment   Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:09 am

Is it just me, or is it all a bit crap at the moment?

The big story seems to be the Bella twins, and as neither of them can act, or are remotely likeable, I really don't care. I get that WWE is doing this launch the new series of Total Diva's, but I really couldn't give a shit.

I get that Cena needs to be built up for his rematch with Lesnar at Night of Champions, but does he have to destroy some guys who actually have a future in the company? Last week, he smashed his way through the Wyatts, this week Seth Rollins got to look like a chump.

I'm not sure if it's because Lesnar isn't there on a weekly basis, the fact Daniel Bryan is still injured, or the fact there's just nothing gripping going on at the moment. I haven't watched Smackdown in months (during the brand split, I'd never miss a show), three hours of Raw gets tough going towards the end.

I've sat through some dire times in wrestling before, 1994-1996 was terrible, 2005-2007 wasn't much better, but at least they had something to keep me watching. At the moment, it's all just dull as hell. I was optimistic when Mania was over, as it felt like they'd pushed the restart button and it felt like a new era, spearheaded by Wyatt, Shield, Cesaro, Bryan was on the way. Can't help feeling at the moment that they've pissed all that momentum away already.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Number of posts : 13008

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling at the moment   Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:14 pm

for me Ambrose and Rollins were fueling interest, but obviously that had to be put on hold.

The best promo guys are non wrestlers and the Bellas are Hardy awkward, especially compared to Steph who was carrying the storyline.
Sorry, but the Wyatts have no future, even as a tag team. Haven't seen Rollins get that treatment yet (well from anyone but Reigns), so i'll reserve judgement until I've seen the Cena match. There's a chance he has to be booked weak for the heat on cashing in. Doubt they could risk making him look great with his hometown pop, or the fans might start to get confused and cheer next week too.

Miz and Sandow are doing well, I liked Golddust and Stardust, but without Ambrose and Steph it's not as gripping.

Bray Wyatt is a slow burner, he'll get more chances when someone less huge has the belt. No point wasting his most significant stuff untill it's for the title against another big rising star.

TNA debut
TNA debut

Location : middlesbrough Number of posts : 919 Favourite Wrestler : macho man randy savage

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling at the moment   Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:15 pm

Not watched any wrestling for about a year. And by the sounds of things the WWE hasn't improved,
I stopped watching mainly because of lack of decent storylines any improvement in that yet.

What can be done to improve things?

Back to top Go down
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7064 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling at the moment   Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:40 am

It not as bay as 1995 surely?? If you are too young to remember what happened in 1995 you can watch it on the wwe network for $9.99 per month...

Anyway, is it crap? I'd argue that but things need to improve. I've said before they backed themselves onto a corner giving lesnar the belt. It had to be done because of the streak but now they have to build up someone massively to even stand a realistic chance. Cena is the closest to him. Reigns is nowhere near they. Only other person who I could think beat lesnar is HHH. Storyline wise he made a mistake giving lesnar the chance to be champ. He wants it back.

I'm starting to like Bo Dallas. The irritating little sh!t is doing what he is meant to do. He should have a good fued with jack swagger.

I'm liking the miz but he shouldn't he shouldn't be pinning the IC champion unless he is going to get another run.
It's unfortunate ambrose is away filming. As sexton said, his fued Rollins and Ambrose could of carried the company for the rest of the year. Kane shouldn't be anywhere the ring. Put someone like Titus o'neill in his place. Keep Kane on the authority but not on the ring.

As predicted, Bray Wyatt is heading down the Brodus clay route. Wwe haven't a clue what to do with him, and to he honest, I can't see what I could do with him either. Possibly a run with sheamus perhaps but sheamus isn't the best on the mic - but saying that not a huge fan of Wyatt on the mic these days. He just seems to mumble a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling at the moment   Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:05 pm

it had probably been the best post Mania I've seen for a while, usually I get bored and give up. I never watch Smackdown anyway, that would be too much.

It was a poor Raw, it's a bit like the wives will play while the husbands are away. Almost like they were teasing Bryan vs Punk with HHH involved, but with Steph, Aj and Bella. And if not, the main storyline has now turned into an awkward divas match clusterfuck.

Wyatt in a cage match next Raw. Might be okay.

I'm looking forward to Cena vs Brock III but there doesn't seem to be enough material to get the feud there, unless Cena actually builds to boiling point, maybe he takes out HHH.

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7064 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling at the moment   Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:23 pm

Wrestling at the moment...

I think roman reigns injury couldn't of come at a better time for him. He was becoming a bit stale IMO. The crowd seemed to be getting a bit bored of him I thought. Dean ambrose will make the crowd liven up. Him and Rollins can carry the company leading into next year.

If lesnar is keeping the belt for the rest of the year they need to keep him relevant. As goo as Paul heyman is I don't think him showing up by himself will be enough. I heard someone say that lesnar is box office material and should only show up at box office (PPV) events. While this is good I think he should show up the raw before the PPV. I no he's pretty much full time now but just to do two appearances per month will be enough.

I still think wwe backed themselves into a corner giving him the streak and belt.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling at the moment   Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:23 pm

the champion never defends until PPV anyway, so it's not been bad with Lesnar. If you appear and wrestle on the weeklies you have to lose some to build up a feud, but with him they don't need to do any of that.

The show is better with Ambrose and Rollins as that and the authority is the long running storyline.

I also agree about Reigns, his push is a bit flat and the other two are much further developed. Plenty of big returns and new story threads can develop now. Perfect time to push the mid card belts to be even more important. Barrett must be back soon?

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling at the moment   Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:06 pm

That's what I mean about lesnar. Show up on raw before PPV just to promote, have a bit of a skuffle etc. not actual match (on related news I heard it was the big show that will be girding with lesnar after Cena...)

I completely forgot about Barrett. He would be ideal on Kane's place in the authority. It would also be good for him to fued with Rusev. Storyline goes the British always bail out the Americans so he will defeat Rusev cos no American can (don't no if the crowd reaction will be good as both would be heels).

Get dolph Ziggler on the main event scene too. Easy to book Ziggler I feel. Make him have an affair with Steph. Go down the line she feels neglected by her husband as he's busy with Rollins. She needs attention. Dolph gives her what she wants.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling at the moment   Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:33 am

I agree then. The last two have had a big fight feel, unlike the usual PPV main events, it's less like wrestling, but it's pretty much the best way to hype it up, especially with Cena.

Dolph is not that guy, he's a worker, but not really a storyline guy. I think people enjoy his attitude at events, but I think he lacks real overall quality.

Ambrose vs Rollins at Hell in a Cell would be interesting. The Anarchist vs the Architect.

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling at the moment   Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:38 pm

Zigglers time has gone for main eventing. He's an updated version of Shawn Michaels in 1995, he just doesn't have that tough guy attitude. I don't think I'd be able to accept him beating a Roman Reigns or a Lesnar regularly. IC title is about the best he will ever be. Chuck in the guys from NXT who will be on the main roster at some point, Dolphs got no chance.

Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling at the moment   Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:23 pm

So, the first Raw after I get rid of Sky Sports, and the Rock returns.

Rest of the show wasn't up to much, by all accounts.

Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling at the moment   Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:32 am

It seems to be the same shit week after week, Dean Ambrose is the only decent thing worth watching, although The Rock was a surprise last night. Can't wait for Harpers singles run, Rowan meh, apparently the promo with pregnant belly with it's coming written on it, is a new Wyatt family being born, and two to be with Bray are The Ascension.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling at the moment   Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:49 am

To me there is one storyline gong on and that is Cena and ambrose going after Rollins. The rest if the show are filler matches.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling at the moment   Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:33 pm

Mackem wrote:
To me there is one storyline gong on and that is Cena and ambrose going after Rollins. The rest if the show are filler matches.

Yup. And two and a half hours of filler sucks.

Back to top Go down
randy-poffo
TNA debut
TNA debut

Location : middlesbrough Number of posts : 919 Favourite Wrestler : macho man randy savage

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling at the moment   Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:47 pm

What was the Rocks return like? Is he setting up for a match or just a one off appearance.
Might have to fall of the wagon and give this weeks Raw a watch.
Back to top Go down
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling at the moment   Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:34 pm

randy-poffo wrote:
What was the Rocks return like? Is he setting up for a match or just a one off appearance.
Might have to fall of the wagon and give this weeks Raw a watch.

Just a one off appearance I believe. He was in New York on other business. Apparently it wasn't added to the show until late in the day.
Back to top Go down
randy-poffo
TNA debut
TNA debut

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling at the moment   Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:59 pm

Ahh ok cheers. Nothing to get excited about then
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling at the moment   Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:26 am

Worth watching on YouTube, not the rest of the show though.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling at the moment   Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:28 pm

the crowd were hot anyway which made the bad Raw okay, if watched over a few days with some fast forwarding. I'd not sit through a live show or full 3 hours.

Ambrose gets free reign, you'd have to compare it to how they used Austin, but he's really carrying the show, until Orton turns or someone returns.

I never thought i'd see Orton embarrassed. It will probably be used as another reason for him losing it with Seth or HHH

The Rock appeared after a match between an aligator and a bull... That sums up Raw

Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling at the moment   Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:36 pm

Seth Rollins is showing signs of his good heel work in promos now. It was probably his best so far for his current character, the calculating and annoying ego maniac.

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling at the moment   

Back to top Go down

Wrestling at the moment
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum-
Jump to: