HomeThe Portal!FAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

I enjoyed Night of Champions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7048 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: I enjoyed Night of Champions   Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:46 am

Night of champions was a good PPV I thought. It was a PPV where we sort of knew nothing major would happen, so I took a different view of watching. I normally watch to see where the storylines are going with on the match. Last night I watched it actually watching the wrestling side of things.

The Uso's and dusts match was a solid opener. A nice back and forth match. Surprised the dusts won. Must admit I'm not a fan of them as a team. I can't see them holding for long.

Potential match o the night for me was sheamus v Cesaro. Not so much of the wrestling but a hard hitting fight. Slightly disappointed sheamus won but Cesaro will hold the title soon.

The miz winning the IC title I feel was the correct decision. It fits his character well. The cocky Hollywood superstar now has the title. Another good match. I don't like the fact the IC belt has changed hands so many times recently.

Mark Henry v Rusev was poor. For mark Henry being the world strongest man I thought he tapped a little early. Would rather of him passed out with pain but that wasn't going to happen with the potential of Cena doing it later.

Rollins victory over reigns was pointless. Everyone knew ambrose would return. I'll leave it at that.

The diva title match was ok. Nikki bella surprised me. She worked well. Again, the same as the IC title, I don't like the swapping the title round too often.

Onto the main event. I thought it was good how lesnar took the AA straight of the bat. It set the match I feel. Lesnar still looked dominant but Cena looked stronger without going all "superman" on lesnar. I couldn't see Cena loosing the match since it was announced. I was probably the correct way to do keep both looking strong. Seth Rollins came out looking strong too. I don't think many expected an attempted cash in on Lesnar. Also lesnar F5'ing Cena at the end was the right way also. After all the punishment he took he still closed the show standing tall.

All in all, a good PPV I thought.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: I enjoyed Night of Champions   Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:40 pm

And you left out the match of the night, Orton/Jericho.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7048 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: I enjoyed Night of Champions   Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:32 pm

I thought something was missing. It was a Good match but others were better IMO. Orton is great in the ring. Barely has a bad match. I suspect Jericho won't be around on TV for much longer.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

Number of posts : 5556

PostSubject: Re: I enjoyed Night of Champions   Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:33 pm

Finally got round to watching it.

Thought it was okay. Liked the Usos vs Gold&Stardust; the Usos just do not have bad matches ever. For consistency of their matches, they have to be right up there with the best in WWE.

Sheamus vs Cesaro was the match of the night. Big moves, fast-paced, looked like a genuine fight. I still want to see Sheamus vs Lesnar, I'd be quite happy with that at the next PPV.

Orton vs Jericho was good, but I felt it had a bit too much stalling and milking of the moment. One would hit a big move, go for the cover, then they'd stall for a couple of minutes, It kinda took the flow of the match away.

Diva's thing was watchable by their standards. I've said before that the Bellas are surprisingly good wrestlers, and that bump off the apron at the end of the match was great. Bit annoyed Paige dropped the title, though - it seems that WWE don't want to take a chance on her and bottle it to give the belt back to AJ.

Finally, Cena vs Lesnar - the outcome was given away right at the start when Cole commented that Cena would tie Flair's world title record. There is no way that would happen at a B-level PPV like this, that's a Wrestlemania 32 main event...

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Number of posts : 12915

PostSubject: Re: I enjoyed Night of Champions   Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:25 pm

one thing i'd say about Paige is she's probably better chasing the title if she has to out-crazy AJ even more. She was great on commentary again since losing the belt.

Sheamus right now seems the most capable of stepping up for a genuine brawl with Lesnar, but I think he may have to face Rusev, being the US champ. Hopefully being Irish keeps him clear of that though. I wouldn't mind WWE doing a TNA and have Sheamus give up his US title to the Authority to be the next number one contender. As a face, forced to jump through hoops to get a shot.

Number of posts : 5556

PostSubject: Re: I enjoyed Night of Champions   Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:34 pm

I'd rather Sheamus won some kind of No 1 contenders tournament instead, rather than going through the Authority. I think with Ambrose, the Bellas, Orton, Reigns, Kane and Bryan when he's back, there are enough layers to that already.

Simply make it the legit toughest guy in WWE going against an Irishman who loves to scrap - nothing else is needed.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Number of posts : 12915

PostSubject: Re: I enjoyed Night of Champions   Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:28 pm

I suppose if he won his shot vs more genuine tough guys it would make the US title mean more if the toughest guy in that tournenent holds it and goes on to face Mr. legit, then the eventual title drop to Cesaro, even if he bends the rules to win would mean more to fans too. Sheamus needs something major to get him over to fill Reigns big tough face role anyway.

PostSubject: Re: I enjoyed Night of Champions   

Back to top Go down

I enjoyed Night of Champions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum-
Jump to: