HomeThe Portal!FAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Can WWE copy TNA?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7030 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Can WWE copy TNA?   Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:23 am

Who would of thought Derrick Bateman would be the number 1 contender for the world title?

ok, he is not known as Derrick Bateman anymore and is no longer in wwe like, but as Ethan Carter III (EC3), in his two years in TNA, he has been undefeated and worked his way up to be the no:1 contender for the TNA world title.

I think wwe could learn from the. EC3 may not have won all his matches clean, but weather it be by count out, DQ or outside interference, a win is a win.

WWE could do something similar. My choice would be Finn Balor. You could make him get injured and be of NxT TV for a while then for him to make his return but on Raw and go from there. They don't have to mention he is undefeated but keep having him win. give him some flukey wins, DQ's and count out victories. Put him in tag matches and let him get the pinball. He doesn't have to be involved in a storyline (similar to Neville now), but his opponents could be and they're distracted by what's going on outside only for Balor to capitalise and get the win. All the time picking up wins on raw and smackdown as well as a couple of ppv's in a virioty of ways to keep him undefeated.

Then a year or so start mentioning that he hasn't been defeated. Make people start to take notice and take it from there. A slow build and eventually a title shot. If he wins the big one or looses his first ever match either waybill will he huge.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Number of posts : 12833

PostSubject: Re: Can WWE copy TNA?   Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:07 am

I think i'd be right saying he's only lost when not wearing his war paint. If that trend carried on in WWE they could start mentioning that even if he loses other random matches. Balor will be WWE's solution to a Hardy shaped gap they haven't really filled for the kids/teens whatever happens anyway. Probably the most anticipated debut for that initial Heartbeat, flashing red and drawing of breath. Tailor made for the big time

The EC3 thing has probably worked out because he's had a lot of shows without having a match, but his promos have kept him as a big part of every show. His match with Spud was one of my favourite this year because of the work they both put in to it. WWE could maybe take something from that. A WWE reject and the smallest non-midget wrestler having a long feud with a fitting blow off match. Shows what you can achieve if the character is solid and not a gimmick for the fuck of it. Dolph Ziggler vs Adam Rose because they have girlfriends is the kind of thing WWE's writing squad is capable of for a midcard feud though! Needed to vent on that shit.

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7030 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Can WWE copy TNA?   Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:48 am

If correct (not that I'm doubt you sexton) about the face paint thing then the stepping stones are already there. Just build on that for start but again I wouldn't mention it until he is quite far into the undefeated streak, otherwise, as soon as Balor Came out you would know if he has his paint on he'll win.

I think some of the best storylines are best when they are found by accident.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Number of posts : 12833

PostSubject: Re: Can WWE copy TNA?   Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:26 pm

natural progression of a story or character based on situation has always led to the best things, I agree. This isn't something anyone has mentioned either, it just seems like a trend that could happen by coincidence. He puts the war paint on for bigger matches and he wins those because he's THE guy in NXT anyway. If he debuts on a PPV or Raw with the paint, i'd expect he'd win because it's a big debut. And because he's so marketable I could see him winning in every Ppv after his debut for a while. The stuff in between like Smackdown and Raw you wouldn't expect him to be in full war paint all the time, which would give the heel a chance to pick up the odd cheap victory vs him. After a while they'd have to mention it and eventually someone could break the trend.

I think HHH is rubbing his hands waiting to unleash Balor on TV and PPV, anyway, because unlike Neville he will have an impact from more than just his moves and matches. He could really be Jeff Hardy huge in no time at all in the WWE time frame. Michael Cole won't call him an upstart haha, he'll sit in silence and then sell the shock and awe. Hopefully. Or Balor will be told to wear the paint all the time and after a few losses the awe will be gone and the entrance will be pointless if the opponents aren't that little bit more weary...

It will be interesting to see Owens vs Balor from NXT Japan. To set it up... the last match Owens retained, but Balor had said he'd beat Owens without the demon. (i hope i'm not completely wrong, but i'm sure he was unpainted for the last Owens match) this time there have been videos on NXT about Balor going to that darker place, showing flashes of his transformation etc.

Number of posts : 5498

PostSubject: Re: Can WWE copy TNA?   Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:02 am

Balor's warpaint is probably the best I've seen, the last NXT special was incredible with the amount of detail he put into it.

Although I do hope Owens holds the NXT title for a long time, solely based on him beating Cena clean. Owens to some extent is NXT's Lesnar ending the streak, whoever is the guy to end that run is going to get a massive rub.

Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Can WWE copy TNA?   Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:02 pm

Balor is 100% winning the NXT title in Japan, 4th July.

And Lesnar is getting to throw Kofi Kingston about.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Grecian

Number of posts : 5498

PostSubject: Re: Can WWE copy TNA?   Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:17 pm

I love the story that Lesnar was going to travel to Japan that week to visit a friend. Then he realised if he worked one house show, he could get WWE to pay for his travel...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can WWE copy TNA?   

Back to top Go down

Can WWE copy TNA?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum-
Jump to: