AuthorMessage
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Number of posts : 12833

PostSubject: Beast In The East and Beyond   Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:29 pm

First off, the show itself delivered on the things we expected:

1. Brock is a beast
2. Finn Balor will be huge for the WWE and is now credible as the man who beat KO. A feud with Hideo is all he really needs to do for the NXT audience. His development for WWE TV has already happened.

Within this thread though i'm going to ask a question other than what did you make of the Japan show. I'm asking you is it time that the global wrestling company started having more regular global events? Not just the tour, but a PPV or special live show whatever the time difference. UFC has all sorts of live specials from around the globe, but WWE still relies on North America for the showcase events.

But the Japan show was a top global Twitter trend through it's entirety and probably reached more live viewers abroad than the usual night time/morning shows, that we foreign types usually get, do.

So would you like something a bit different than the all North America PPV's? I think I would. And WWE now have the roster for it. Big names from WWE and big names in WRESTLING who made it outside of the WWE. You'd have to really stink it up to not please a crowd with that mix.

Most decorated Champion in history

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7030 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Beast In The East and Beyond   Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:02 pm

I'm in two minds. Yes it would be great for PPVs in other countries but I do feel the storylines could be effected.

Brock comes back and gets a beat down from the authority. Great. The beast is human. Surely he wants revenge? 2 weeks later im still waiting. He flys out to Japan on a Monday to wrestle the following Saturday? A bit silly to me.

i must admit I haven't watched NxT since it stopped showing on sky so haven't followed as closely but it was pretty obvious Balor was going to win.
It's good, as you say, the Indy guys (is that the right word?) are getting to show what they can do in the countries where they made there name.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

Number of posts : 5498

PostSubject: Re: Beast In The East and Beyond   Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:11 pm

To be fair, Macks, house shows have always been kinda exempt from storylines. The ones I've been to have had matches from whoever's in angles on TV, but there's no promo's or anything, just a basic 'he's fighting him on telly, and here tonight!'. Made sense for him to kill Kofi too; doing it to any more of star would have been pointless, likewise anyone that could realistically put up a fight to him.

Loved that Brock squash match, by the way.

And yes, WWE need to do more one-off broadcasts on the Network. They've shown they don't need the full production get-up, or ringside commentators, so could quite easily do them from the UK, Europe, Arabia, wherever it is they end up.

My only complaint is that whenever Kevin Owens fights, there seem to be an unending row of finisher kick-outs. Both matches vs Cena, vs Balor in Japan - both had them kicking out of moves that should have ended the match. I love the Owens character, but he really to work on losing the RoH psychology.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beast In The East and Beyond   

Back to top Go down

Beast In The East and Beyond
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum-
Jump to: