AuthorMessage
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15777 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: WWE Global Cruiserweight Tounament   Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:09 pm

i really wanted jack gallagher to win this tozawa hasnt done much for me. Tony Nese was very impressive if he wasnt of booked against Kendrick i would want to see more of him but i just love Kendricks character. Tony Nese stole the show for me in the latest episode.

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something." - Eminem
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Number of posts : 12833

PostSubject: Re: WWE Global Cruiserweight Tounament   Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:03 pm

Tony Nese can do moves, but he seems to lack psychology and personality and he kept sitting right on TBK's shoulders do he couldn't kick out crisply, dick move if you ask me. Could see him teamed with Neville maybe though, learn his craft more.

Tozawa is king, but I can see why people might not see that.

Still love Kendrick, can see him being champion on WWE tv, he will add so much more than his wrestling to the brand, if the division is going to work, it needs some creative guys.

I'd have Tozawa and Kendrick as the top heels I think, based on what we've seen so far. Kendrick would just get so over on both sides as a heel on wwe tv, and people that are more in to the entertainment bit would give a shit, love or hate him.

Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: WWE Global Cruiserweight Tounament   Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:05 pm

And obviously sign Gallagher, if the wwe live audiences don't like him, NXT would be great with him there.

Most decorated Champion in history

Number of posts : 5498

PostSubject: Re: WWE Global Cruiserweight Tounament   Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:35 pm

Nese was just a spot monkey, really. Some impressive stuff, but not much logic behind much of it.

Gallagher vs Tozawa was an absolute masterclass in how to lose a match but make your opponent look as strong as hell, Gallagher looked great despite losing.

TBK was great too, I think he's possibly the only out-and-out heel in the thing.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: WWE Global Cruiserweight Tounament   Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:09 pm

I like how Tozawa is giving off the vibe of "I'm the veteran, I'm just going to beat you" his first opponent was quite green, so the match wasn't great but Tozawa made it seem like he underestimated him and nearly got caught out.

I'm going to watch the second match with Gallagher again, it was a similar story told but Gallagher was just so much better than the first opponent. And the difference in styles worked well, Gallagher still instinctively trying to grasp a leg even though he'd been Ko'd by a German 'outta nowhere'

And oh yeah, getting wrapped in a ball Haha. Tozawa sells so well, so that was a perfect moment.

go back and watch the match again Bosch, and try and pick out a moment where it didn't look like a real fight king

PostSubject: Re: WWE Global Cruiserweight Tounament   Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:47 pm

Tozawa tied up in a ball was genius!

I also don't get Noam Dar. I can't see what he's trying to do, what's his gimmick? He looks like I could beat him in a match, I can't see why he's so highly rated.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: WWE Global Cruiserweight Tounament   Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:57 pm

He's 22 lol. He used to wrestle more catch style like Gallagher and Sabre, I'm sure. Good limb targeting and submission still, his finishes have been decent in this. The Japanese bowing and the wrist kiss and pandering? Not sure what that is, maybe just trying to be too WWE. Transition is key for young guys, in catch style it's easy because transition between moves is the whole style, but branching out you do need more focus on what you're doing when you're not locked grappling and so far he just stands around looking at the crowd a fair bit

Still 22 and he has been better than some in this tourney, and he's had pretty lame opposition to work with, honestly. Bollywood boy and ho ho lun... If HHH is signing people to develop around NXT (Ali and The Samoan one) he is way ahead of them, I'd say.

is he on course to face Sabre? That might give a better indication of where he is at atm.

Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: WWE Global Cruiserweight Tounament   Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:44 pm

Drew Gulak, I saw something in him, and holy crap did he deliver. Absolutely quality technical hard hitting match with Sabre. Love a technical reversal pin ending too.

I hope WWE keeps the technical, submission, and mat aspect on Raw and doesn't just end up falling into the high fliers stereotype again. They can really freshen up the product with this intelligent combat element. Maybe it will encourage commentary to focus on what's happening in the ring too. Kids will like/buy into wrestling more if they are told what and why things are happening in ring

Hesth Slater's Kid

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15777 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: WWE Global Cruiserweight Tounament   Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:10 pm

just when i think i no whos going to win the tournament they get knocked out last week the one i thought would win from start was Gargano and then when he was knocked out i thought Tozawa would i was very shocked when he lost today.

An excellent match between Tozawa and Metalik . It didnít have the story of Gargano vs Ciampa and it wasnít quite Ibushi vs Alexander in terms of action, but behind those two I think that was probably the third best match of the tournament to this point.

Gutted Kendrick went out got soft spot for him and wanted to see him make it to the final. i thought the match was great and had a good ending to the show with bryan coming in and giving him a hug. Iím curious if next week will be so predictable cos looking at it i think it is very predictable and think Zack Sabre and Perkins.

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something." - Eminem
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: WWE Global Cruiserweight Tounament   Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:53 pm

Ibushi has bee nailed on from the start.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: WWE Global Cruiserweight Tounament   Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:31 pm

I thought maybe Tozawa vs Ibushi in a 60 minute final was on the cards, obviously not now. Everyone else has said Ibushi vs Sabre from day anyway

PostSubject: Re: WWE Global Cruiserweight Tounament   Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:40 pm

2 blinding matches this week. Ibushi vs Kendrick was great, that Burning Hammer Kendrick used was a thing of beauty, the German off the second rope.... a stunning match.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: WWE Global Cruiserweight Tounament   Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:10 pm

Tozawa and Gallagher make the division. Good old fashioned gentlemanly rematch

Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: WWE Global Cruiserweight Tounament   Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:21 pm

Yeah, Dar was a so much better when not facing relative garbage.

A good modern catch wrestling match with Sabre this week. His taunts he worked in as being cocky, so Sabre could catch him out. And there was no weird down time waiting for the other guys to sort themselves out, the only time they weren't grappling was when they were too hurt to get up etc, and the odd separation strike. Mind games and nods to world of sport old school British wrestling to top it off

Sick shoulder separation submission finish. Something very British in making submission moves look really fucking painful

PostSubject: Re: WWE Global Cruiserweight Tounament   Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:47 am

Dar vs Sabre was a decent match, although my stand-out moment of it was the handshake before the start and the two massive grins they had on their faces. I still really don't 'get' Dar, but that's the best performance he's put in. I can't help thinking he's not going to be in WWE for long though.

Perkins vs Swann was probably an okay match, but I stopped paying any attention to it!

Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: WWE Global Cruiserweight Tounament   Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:43 pm

The semi's and the final tonight, think they'll go with someone under contract now, so Gran Metalic or TJP, to win, as Sabre rejected a contract and Ibushi only wants a part time contract, hopefully it's TJP to win
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: WWE Global Cruiserweight Tounament   Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:06 pm

It would be even more legit if someone not under contract wins. TJP annoys me, he is like Robbie E, or Enzo, but not a satirical character, he just seems like an actual knobhead.

If Ibushi wins he can appear on Raw with the trophy, but then when they introduce the title, just bow and fuck off lol

Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: WWE Global Cruiserweight Tounament   Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:16 am

The hurdle the rope rana was quite unexpected. But the final bored me. A sequence of impressive moves with no realism or point. At one point a pin reversal led to TJP being knocked out for about 10 seconds even though before that he hadn't expended much energy. Stuff like that dulls my interest. And I still don't really get how Lucha wrestlers can supposedly do even more complex rope moves the more beat down they get. Metalic seems good all round, but that's just a personal style thing for me. Logically you fall off the ropes if you're half knocked out and worn down. Like Sin Cara does so well ha.

both can execute some sick stuff though, and TJP is fluid in submission transistion etc. Strikes make him look like a kid vs men, which is another little niggle for me. His trainers look soft enough anyway, but on his dropkicks they look like marshmallows softly brushing the opponent.

I know i'm being overly critical, don'treally know why, just personal taste in what makes wrestling good, and because some of the others in the tourney are the complete package, and some of the best in the world at all aspects of wrestling, regardless of weight. And maybe I think TJP looks like a twat who is trying his hardest to seem like a humble, nice guy. but the CWC is still the best thing to happen for wrestling in a long time. And he is a good pick for role model as champion if WWE make him appear likeable. The keywords alone will get him over. homeless, overcoming the odds, proving the doubters wrong. And it will be Kendrick by Christmas anyway, so. cheers

anyone going to fight Tjp's corner, because he is super talented, so in the interest of balance deserves someone to sing his praises now lol

Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: WWE Global Cruiserweight Tounament   Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:45 pm

If only the semi final TJP vs ibushi was the final, because there was really no way to top that at that point. It would have been an insane finish to the tournament if that was for the crown. All the psychology and storytelling had been used up, which probably made the final a bit of a downer, being just two guys hitting some moves. Metalik is possibly a bit stuttery and indecisive and his matches haven't flowed like others.

Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: WWE Global Cruiserweight Tounament   Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:01 pm

WWE weren't interested in Gulak, then they wanted him to be a coach, now he's made his Raw debut. He'll do the job, but as soon as they give him a win with the dragon sleeper he'll be over. His music from CWC has gone though, probably be given to someone else.

PostSubject: Re: WWE Global Cruiserweight Tounament   

Back to top Go down

WWE Global Cruiserweight Tounament
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum-
Jump to: