http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15859 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: The Miz Completely Loses It    Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:19 pm

Ok i think miz went off script here but near the end you see tears in his eyes shows his passion for it.

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something." - Eminem
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Number of posts : 13016

PostSubject: Re: The Miz Completely Loses It    Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:51 pm

Talking Smack is going to be THE place for shoot interviews and promos. Just let people lay their shit on the line. Bryan is constantly walking a breaking kayfabe tightrope anyway on there and it was pretty awesome viewing.

Hesth Slater's Kid

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: The Miz Completely Loses It    Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:16 pm

dont think bryan liked what he said bout quitting and go back to the indys if the wrestling fans mean that much to him

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Miz Completely Loses It    Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:54 am

If Miz was just being used as Vince's pawn though, it's a bit of a shame (a lot of talk about it being a Vince scripted FU to years of pushing indie guys for the fans and them getting Crocked. punk, Bryan, Rollins, now Balor) but The indie style isn't really to blame for injuries, it's WWE scheduling and always has been. All the top guys would get worked to the bone, regardless of styles. So the injuries have always hit the top talent at their peak. Name any top star who's injury record didn't get worse as they got more popular...

Last edited by Sexton Hardcastle on Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
thedmd
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Location : USA Number of posts : 1151 Favourite Wrestler : Jeff Hardy, Gregory Helms,
Christian, Kenny Omega

PostSubject: Re: The Miz Completely Loses It    Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:09 am

dang that was awesome if you don't mind the pun, that is really great to see from the miz especially since for the longest time he hasn't seemed to be relevant, hopefully they see his passion and give him something better than a throw away match with Crews in the future
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Miz Completely Loses It    Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:23 am

I honestly think wrestling needs to be re invented so there are less matches anyway. There's no point in scoring a big victory and then going straight back to the regular grind. House shows seem dubious at best now. WWE needed to dominate everywhere all the time, show after show, bring in the money. Now they are a big fuck of corporation they don't need to grind out local shows for money or recognition. Hold PPV's at larger capacity arenas and they will draw the numbers from further afield for those shows. Right now Raw is pulling '14k' people and a PPV the same number because they use the same type of arenas.

Fewer house shows, fewer rival matches on weekly tv. More anticipation. Fewer injuries

Exclusivity. More hype. PPV's with larger crowds. Matches not repeated over and over. Fewer injuries.

Does Ambrose, as an example, really need to work 2 house shows in a day? Really. Does he need to fight Aj on tv before or after Backlash? Will that add to the PPV hype, or detract from the big fight feel. A few house show matches is all an 'indy guy' should need as preparation to put on a good PPV match. Because why? Because Indy guys can WORK a damn match without having their dick held.  (or hand held, keep it PG)

I guess this is my shoot response to Miz/Vince lol

Hesth Slater's Kid

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: The Miz Completely Loses It    Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:31 am

Just read online this wasnt in the scrpit miz was just pissed off what bryan said and stuck up for himself. But agree Sexton less house shows and fewer matches will keep wrestlers more injury free. i no for the past weeks since brand split Ambrose, Cena and AJ have been working raw dark matches and rollins, reigns, Ko and Jericho been working SD dark matches and really no point them being there if there suppose to be exclusive to their brands. Stop them doing that and less likely get injured and really no point them being on the brands now.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Miz Completely Loses It    Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:24 pm

That's probably a legal ticketing obligation, as before the split people bought tickets to see the advertised talent. Might stop after the China tour? Not sure how far ahead tickets were sold in the US, but must be a few months at least.

I'm always sceptical of shoots, because they can be the best promos done, and if planned right can create a buzz so it's always smart to throw stuff in like that to keep it interesting. I have no doubt Miz is legit sick of abuse for things Bryan highlighted, so can channel his emotions, but I can't imagine Miz would come back with the injury line to him being a coward. It just seems too well crafted. Playing it safe vs risking injury, when we all know Bryan didn't get injured from a high risk move anyway.

Most decorated Champion in history

Number of posts : 5630

PostSubject: Re: The Miz Completely Loses It    Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:59 pm

It's a hell of a promo, I reckon it's scripted -the fact he knows the number of days he's been the champ was a bit of a giveaway for me. At the end of the day, he's essentially an actor, showing fire and passion. Shame he doesn't do it on TV more regularly.

As for the house show schedule, I don't think the number of matches don't have a huge impact. I've been to a few house shows over the years and for the most part, they just phone in their performances. I saw the NXT shows in December, with a main event of Joe vs Zayn vs Balor. Ten minutes of that match was taken up with a dance-off. I shit you not.

The indie style is infinitely more dangerous, the usual idea is to do as much stupid shit as you can to try and look tough. Bryan wasn't helped by the diving headbutt he started doing (seriously, has he not learned anything from Benoit?),

Look at Jericho, even before his part-time runs, hes never been seriously injured and he's wrestled thousands of matches. Ziggler's only ever had concussions, I don't remember Kane ever being injured, Miz made a point about him not being hurt. None of them have done the indie style, and there's 50+ years of wrestling between them.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Miz Completely Loses It    Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:13 pm

injuries can be catagorised anyway. wear and tear, sloppiness or freak accident. Bret said Rollins was sloppy before the Balor match, which is kind of awkward timing lol. But maybe he is. The obvious sloppy people at the moment include Rowan, Charlotte, and Mr.Safety Miz. Fucked up slams and drops, inability to keep hold of or catch the person you're in there with, that's a big problem in WWE.

in WWE, in general, the indie style has not been at fault, really. Making those guys wrestle a schedule the same as a 'safe' performer is not really ideal for wear and tear injuries. because they do undergo higher impacts, but if the two in the ring trust eachother it's usually pretty safe

And freak accidents don't favour any style in WWE, anyway. It may be something as simple as Neville being swung into a barricade, or Rusev stepping off the apron.

Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Miz Completely Loses It    Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:34 pm

I'm currently waiting for the first bashed in skull injury from the new sharp edged ring posts, as well. New ring mods usually lead to some preventable chaos.

And they only had those new barricades that Finn hit recently. Don't know if the corner angle was different, or Seth just threw him unlevel, but Finn threw his arm out to protect himself and he ended up kind of sideways.

Miz also has a lot of time off every year. So he isn't going to build up injuries. I just think if Vince is thinking this is just a style thing, did he learn nothing from countless WWE wear and tear injuries, fatigue, shit performers who aren't even safe to wrestle against some people. Time off will not only make the product more desirable, it will help with longevity of wrestlers. And booking unsafe talent, just stick them all in one division away from everyone else lol

Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Miz Completely Loses It    Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:03 am

And if it is more the build up of problems pre WWE, how long was Punk in WWE before his gross injury problems? Bryan probably started with the headbutt because being against big guys he has to use his body as a weapon, something Vince would probably suggest to make matches better.

This isn't all me saying Indies are safe, everyone do one thing. That's boring anyway. But IF Vince has it in his head, which this thing suggests he might, then it's pretty weak to think it's just one factor. factor. And I genuinely think the time is right to go 'more UFC' reduce the hell out of the schedule of guys who bring more of that hard hitting style and at the same time Re-legitimise the product.

Or Bring back the Ryback's to injure everyone else and himself, and the viewers

Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Miz Completely Loses It    Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:08 pm

This is now the main focus of SD btw, as it should be. Looks more like some good writing and a well worked shoot. Even get the slight feeling they could use this to debut Nakamura, as they have said Soft Style as a key word for 2 weeks now. Soft style vs Strong Style, the internet would explode.

Regardless of all the potential debates about how to best use wrestlers in a new WWE with a more hybrid style, the Miz has been awesome in his character development since his last return, where they teased the Rock and the Miz came out as the Hollywood A lister. Sandow (whatever people think of how talented he is) held back the Miz right when he could have elevated himself the first time, and it's taken until now for him to be able to do something relevant. Clearly Miz is too far ahead of Crews as a character, so instead of having a weak midcard title feud, they can now have Miz in the upper card where he and the title belong.

Number of posts : 5630

PostSubject: Re: The Miz Completely Loses It    Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:10 pm

As much as I dislike Miz (and I get that's the point of him being a heel), him and Jericho are the only two guys who actively go out to get people to boo them. In fact, I'd go as far to say Miz is the best heel since CM Punk left, and possibly since Edge. Guys like Owens and Rollins seem to be heels but have really cool movesets which defeat the point.

Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: The Miz Completely Loses It    Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:13 pm

i think this segment was the best part of SD this week, this whole thing has really boosted Miz right back up to where he use to be on his World Title run, i do think he will become WWE Champion once again from all this after AJ's run. I do think they missed a trick with this whole angle this week with not putting any confrontation with Miz and Bryan.

Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: The Miz Completely Loses It    Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:58 pm

Quote :
This week Daniel Bryan was once again a guest on Talking Smack and he reacted to The Miz’s promo saying that The Miz was right.

“The biggest thing was, he was right. Right? If I had the guts, I feel like I’m healthy, if I had any guts I would quit and go do the indies. Probably not bingo halls, probably more like Tokyo Domes.”

“Brie and I are trying to have kids, all that kind of stuff. There’s just that part of you, that turmoil. He pressed all those buttons, he knows how to press them, which is why they’re not letting us do anything together on TV anymore.”

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Miz Completely Loses It    Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:29 pm

He clearly has a place in wrestling, and people hate that fact. That's the kind of thing I like haha. I could never be a Miz mark like Bosch, because his matches make me cringe (that neckbreaker combo where there is literally no angle where it looks like he hits any kind of actual move, which now I think he should do more, because it's so terrible he can build a whole pose and taunt into it lol) but I do like him being used in the role. Upper mid card is pretty much bang on for him. And I think he has proven in two weeks he can make a title relevant again. The delight when a wrestler type wrestler beats him will overshaddow most other moments at a PPV if they play it right. Is Ziggler that guy to beat him? Not so sure, Booker T doesn't think so lol

going on from what you said, Grec. Miz vs the internet could be as big as Edge and Lita vs the locker room, fans and Matt Hardy . People resented them, they were self loathing and full of regret, but to save and further his career Edge came out like, Yeah whatever, you're missing the point, I banged Lita Twisted Evil cheers and people just went bat shit. And from then on no one could touch his heel work

just like Rollins should exclusively do moves that look reckless now, even if they are actually safer. Miz should wrestle slower and avoid conflict even more, ala backing down from Ziggler. Heel life

PostSubject: Re: The Miz Completely Loses It    

Back to top Go down

The Miz Completely Loses It
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum-
Jump to: