View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history

Number of posts : 5602

PostSubject: TLC   Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:15 am

TLC was surprisingly good!

Ambrose vs Styles was awesome, Styles' 450 off the ropes through the table looked nasty as hell, the elbow through the announce desk, Ambrose getting shoved off the ladder by Ellsworth - Ellsworth on Talking Smack afterwards was great too. He's playing the deluded idiot brilliantly, claiming he only did it as he's beaten AJ three times and can beat him again. In terms of WWE storylines, this has been really well done.

Corbin vs Kalisto was great too, the only match I got bored of was Becky vs Alexa Bliss. Singles tables matches are never fun to watch, I've always thought they only really work in tag or multi-man match.

Wyatt and Orton was nicely done too, and played exactly as it should. Slater is still essentially a jobber, and him and Rhyno should never to be able to hang with the likes of Bray and Orton, so the quick win was necessary. I'm guessing the Freebird rule will come into play so Harper can be involved, and maybe Rowan when he's back?

I can't help thinking the brand split is working out similarly to last time, in terms of the better storylines being on Smackdown, but the bigger names on Raw, especially as Cena isn't around at the moment.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Number of posts : 12976

PostSubject: Re: TLC   Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:31 pm

Loved the 3 way feud on SD from the start and it's consistently making everyone come out looking like stars. I would have happily watched Styles and Ambrose do a spot with the stage ladder before a ten minute slow crawl race back to the ring, and still been enthrawled haha. Ellsworth dropping the predictable but fantastic over confidence on Talking Smack. AJ working most of the match and all those spots with ripped tights deserves extra credit, some people might have got nervous and fucked up by losing concentration. The 450 was beautiful and sick in equal measures.

Before the Chairs match I thought has there ever been a good chairs match, then it became obvious that if there had been this was probably miles better, surprising how good it was, and both guys came out with more about them. (a Smackdown trend) and it's always funny when Bryan is giving legitimate praise and the heel has to shoot him down on TS. Corbin kept that as expected...

Miz however, went fucking nuclear. Sometimes it looks like he genuinely doesn't get what Bryan means, but he doesnt have to make sense because people will be watching that all week and it helps the product. Bryan tried to add the "I've grown as a character and admit you earned it" and Miz just added another reason they have to fight at WM haha.

Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: TLC   Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:17 pm

Tell you what is such a drag though. Mauro was reaching JR form in building momentum to a glorious crescendo, and then the 3rd commentator curse just killed it dead. Mauro was losing his shit "Mammaaaa Miiia, OH MY GOOOODDD" and Otunga just says instantly and casually "Yeah and I don't know how he even got in the ring before that" who gives a shit about before the moment, you and the fans are supposed to be speechless or losing it completely right now. The 3rd commentator always, always finds a way to sap any feeling out of moments, I can't believe Vince doesn't just cut their mics when big spots are coming up. Even JBL knows when to shut up in those instances and he's always talking over normal shit.

One thing Mauro needs though is to pretend he can't see people when they are getting back up and the camera isn't showing them, for "WWE tv suspense" that's awkward too lol. Even though in a it's actually more exciting to see them struggle to get back and time it just right with an all or nothing move, than to see them appear flying into the camera shot randomly.

PostSubject: Re: TLC   Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:35 pm

The 4 man announce desk was terrible. Otunga might actually be worse at talking than he is at wrestling. Tom Phillips barely said a word that I noticed.

Miz & Bryan - my shout is that something happens for Mania, Miz has to keep the title until then and I'd go for some kind of hair vs beard match, Miz vs one of Bryan's mates who's an indie darling, like Sami Zayn or Neville. The one complaint I have is the amount of times it got played up that Miz vs Ziggler was their final match of the series, it's the last match - except if Ziggler won, Miz would get his rematch. Kinda gave away the winner, I thought.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: TLC   Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:43 pm

Yeah, I thought that saying that could have meant Bryan has the chance to deny Miz a rematch if he lost so he can trade him. The amount they are saying trade since the draft means someone will be eventually. But Miz vs Bryan is gold, so I'm glad they kept that up.

Tom Phillips is billed as SD live host. Must be experience to replace Cole long term or even Mauro if Vince goes off him. He's a good host but at 2 hours its not really needed. He kind of explains storylines and does the sponsership stuff better than Mauro, but they should just cut down and let Mauro be himself and call matches, Otunga has to go. A two man team with Phillips as host might be the best situation.

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7059 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: TLC   Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:15 pm

Grecian wrote:

Miz & Bryan - my shout is that something happens for Mania, Miz has to keep the title until then and I'd go for some kind of hair vs beard match, Miz vs one of Bryan's mates who's an indie darling, like Sami Zayn or Neville. The one complaint I have is the amount of times it got played up that Miz vs Ziggler was their final match of the series, it's the last match - except if Ziggler won, Miz would get his rematch. Kinda gave away the winner, I thought.

Bryan's indie darling...samoa Joe

Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: TLC   Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:37 am

That's a great shout. Plus the very chance that Miz would get killed during the match, so win/win as far as I can see.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: TLC   Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:13 pm

Joe is one of WWE's top heels though.

I really want to see Nakamura vs Miz, and if Bryan had to pick someone, picking who he can easily hype as the best wrestler in the world vs a wwe hollywood superstar could be one way to see that happen. But I genuinely think they could create gold, the Miz (character) won't have ever faced anyone like the Nakamura before. Which would lead to some entertaining and in the end, brutal stuff. Miz can do all the talking and Nakamura can just swag around the place. WM being a worldwide event and possibly the biggest name in the wider world vs a stereotypical wwe Hollywood type would just cement WWE as world wrestling. Where else could you see a match up like that? In terms of wrestling/combat style, culture and character?

He could break his jaw into tiny pieces to keep Grec happy too

PostSubject: Re: TLC   

Back to top Go down

TLC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum-
Jump to: