HomeThe Portal!FAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

NxT

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7065 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: NxT   Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:19 am

How many of you still watch NxT? I stopped watching at Summerslqm. I didn't watch the Takeover special (I did watch Nakamara's entrance though).

I just lost all interest in it. It doesn't help that it isn't on TV. I have the network but wrestling the iPad away from my 5 year old is a struggle itself. I keep upto date with results and reports but nothing really makes me think - I need to watch that. I'm going to try and start watching it again but I need something to get me hooked.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15857 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: NxT   Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:05 pm

i still watch it I think its the best wrestling show around. However the last Takeover in Australia the crowd was dead, it ruined the whole show tbh. They only livened up with elias samson chanting shut the fuck up and you're a wanker they Roodes enternace they sang along with.

Now with Roode being pushed into the main event I think its going to be even better. Nakamara is just pure genius, but Ive gotten bored of Joe vs Nakamara they've fought way to much. Thought joe was gonna get the call up but read hes injured so that'll delay him getting the call up.

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something." - Eminem
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Number of posts : 13012

PostSubject: Re: NxT   Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:55 pm

I haven't watched the weekly show properly since the Toronto Takeover. and skipped most of shows for a while before that just keeping up with the Joe Nakamura interviews, brawls etc. Too many shite Diva type matches, like I thought Divas had fucked off? But most are that stereotypical shite diva, and they seem to have 2 matches a week. maybe I've missed the odd good bit, but most stuff has been saved for Takeover shows, it seems. So it is not the best wrestling show weekly, or hadn't been for a good portion of what 3 or 4 months?.

Always liked Top Guys The Revival, but Takeover shows are where I can get my fill of good tag matches.

Week to week Nakamura didn't need to do much before Toronto, so like I say, just a quick skim, which can also be done via pre fight video packages at takeovers. Don't know if he's been on more lately, but I kind of can't be bothered if it's the same format as they had with 2 divas matches, some cruiserweight job to Alexander and then the main event bit.

No way Jose isn't a draw, Elias Sampson won't interest me, the diva shite who can't wrestle but have LONG LEGS!!!! OMG!!!

Only thing I'm interested in is, did Willie Regal give his Knucks to anyone yet? He glances at them once in a while. That would be a nice little passing of the torch if he did.

Oh and is it Roode vs Nakamura now? That might be worth a bit of a look before the ppv meeting, but if it's just the odd encounter leading to the ppv, I'll stick to highlight form

(I did find myself in one skipping through viewing that I watched SANITY do the entrance then I skipped the match lol. probably sums NXT up for me lately)

Maybe Bosch and others can give a round up of the goings on in the last few months, and try to lure us back though!
Back to top Go down
Grecian

Number of posts : 5629

PostSubject: Re: NxT   Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:16 am

I haven't watched the weekly show in months, and watched the last TakeOver over four or five sessions whilst eating my tea. I usually have no idea who's facing who unless I read it somewhere, but since it got decimated in the draft, there's not really anyone on there who appeals outside of the main event.

Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: NxT   Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:49 pm

NXTs roster is going to be unreal potentially very soon. With Nakamura, Joe, Roode, Ohno, Strong, End, Young, Damo, Dillinger, Itami, Almas and maybe Kenny Omega, Kyle O'Reilly and Adam Cole.

Although I think Dillinger will be in the Rumble, Number 10.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: NxT   Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:22 pm

Apparently Cena has been teasing a tonne about Kenny Omega. Like he did with AJ before his Rumble debut. But He's posted way more times this time around. .

Don't know if any Rumble rumours have started about Omega, but he clearly won't be in the Royal Rumble match. He'd be overshaddowed as fuck anyway.

Most likely face off with Shinsuke in NXT if he's signed, but he does have Unfinished business with both Shin and AJ.

----

When was the last really good NXT weekly show? I'd need a starting point if I'm going to get back into it. Might just wait for the week before the Rumble, is there's going to be a Takeover on the Rumble weekend?

PostSubject: Re: NxT   Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:07 pm

I genuinely would have no idea who Kenny Omega is if he did an AJ in the Rumble. Heard the name, no idea what he looks like.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: NxT   Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:46 am

Can you imagine if Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Marty Jannetty and X-Pac had a baby?

Or if the 1980's was a human person?

If someone posts Wrestle Kingdom 11 we could pretend to be a real IWC bunch of badasses. The Omega match is supposed to be THE BEST MATCH EVER ALL CAPS. (it probably is really fucking good and also relevant if WWE have signed Omega)

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7065 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: NxT   Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:38 am

feяgie22 wrote:
NXTs roster is going to be unreal potentially very soon. With Nakamura, Joe, Roode, Ohno, Strong, End, Young, Damo, Dillinger, Itami, Almas and maybe Kenny Omega, Kyle O'Reilly and Adam Cole.

Although I think Dillinger will be in the Rumble, Number 10.

Although I've heard of (Roderick?) strong, (Tommy?) End and the last three I've never seen any of them wrestle. It was the same when Daniel Bryan signed. Heard the name but hadn't seen him wrestle. You guys said he was great but in WWE o didn't find him that good. That's not saying yous we're wrong, it's most likely the wwe's fault of booking him that way. The same could be said of these guys.

No doubt if they sign 2 or three of them will get different names.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: NxT   Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:12 pm

Apparently Joe is getting called up very soon and getting a big Wrestlemania match and a monster push.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: NxT   Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:07 pm

I reckon Joe's getting involved in the Miz / Daniel Bryan thing. Be one hell of a way to debut him.

Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: NxT   Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:49 am

I can see joe vs braun happening at mania

Back to top Go down
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: NxT   Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:12 am

Grecian wrote:
I reckon Joe's getting involved in the Miz / Daniel Bryan thing. Be one hell of a way to debut him.

Totally agree. I think The Miz is a bit under-rated in the ring. His mic work outshines his in ring ability - and rightly so, but he can still put on good matches.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: NxT   Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:53 am

If you was to start watching again id recommend start next week looks like its going to be a good episode got Nakamura Vs Roode Contract Signing, D.I.Y confrontation with authors of pain after this weeks ending and Asuska wanting a fatal 4 way for nxt womens title.

Also D.I.Y Vs Revival rematch was great but not sure what they are going to do with Revival now.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: NxT   Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:40 pm

Loved the sound of disgust, an actual audible "Urgghhh" when this weeks NXT started and Bollywood Boys music hit.

next week it's Trent Seven vs Tyler Bate for the UK championship though.

PostSubject: Re: NxT   Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:11 pm

I've still not watched NXT in months. Even with Bobby as the champ, I'm just not interested. Didn't even finish the last TakeOver, there's no-one on the roster who interests me the way that Balor, Joe, Zayn and others did.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: NxT   Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:17 pm

I'm basically just interested in the UK guys being on the network atm. I wasn't sure if they would be on there or not, but pretty early in to this weeks show it announced the championship match next week.

If nothing much happens soon I won't bother again. The next Takeover should be pretty big though, but I don't know how it can be at the moment, unless Balor drops back in to NXT for a one night only deal. Womens match will be Asuka's last in NXT I guess, the two undefeated women facing off, seems the obvious co-main-event. If it were me choosing I'd have Dunne vs Bate vs Seven in a third main event too.

Can't see Roode vs Nakamura II being big enough for a Mania weekend takeover. Even though Bobby is a quality heel, it feels different to some of the other feuds.

I lied earlier, I'd actually want to see Dunne vs Nakamura. That would have something innately cool about it. But it would be way to soon for that to draw.

Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: NxT   Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:44 pm

Sanity feature heavily in NXT shows now, which makes you think a new stable, or new top level star will be the ones to fight back against them. I don't think Tye, NoWay and Roddy have what is needed for that role on shows

PostSubject: Re: NxT   Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:13 am

If you look at the guys who were a big deal on NXT this time last year, there was Zayn, Nakamura about to debut, Balor, Joe, Itami...

Now we've got Itami who's been a bit shit and injured compared to the other big name signings, Eric Young isn't a big enough name to really carry the brand, Bobby Roode and Nakamura will end up on the main roster before long.

The only way to make NXT interesting again is to sign a couple of big name veterans to be based there (I'm thinking the Hardys would be good, even Kurt, maybe Shelton) or shift a few mid-carders doing sod all on the main roster down - R-Truth, Swagger, Apollo Crews until he figures out what a personality is, and have them go up against the guys they have hopes for.

Past Roode and Nakamura, there's not a single bod I think would do well on the main roster.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: NxT   Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:12 pm

I don't know how they are going to get a Takeover main event out of the current line up. So maybe they will be looking for names. (Hardys vs Revival vs DIY in a TLC would be something)

at the moment it could be Roode vs Dillinger, if they have him get past sanity. But that's not exactly Zane vs Nakamura, Nakamura vs Balor, Joe vs Balor or Joe vs Nakamura. Lol

Don't know if Tommy End or Kassius Ohno (KO...?) will come in soon and with major hype to fit in the main event scene. They did show Ohno making sure Nakamura was okay at takeover, but nothing since that.

I'd watch Bate vs Seven next week, that will probably be quality.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NxT   

Back to top Go down

NxT
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum-
Jump to: