Share | 

The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7030 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:14 pm

Battle royal on pew show now too
Back to top Go down
Grecian

Number of posts : 5498

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:30 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if the Smackdown women's match and Ambrose vs Corbin also got shunted to the pre-show. Seems a stacked card...

I'm also wondering how long Lesnar vs Goldberg goes. I can't see it being a 10-15 minute at all, but would they close the show on a quick match?

Back to top Go down
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7030 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:47 am

I still think undertaker v reigns will close the show
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:26 pm

I think you might be right, Macks.

Another blinding Cena / Miz promo this week. It's getting tough to see how much of this is scripted, but they really seem to be tearing into each other.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Number of posts : 12833

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:13 pm

I think the Lesnar match could end it. If Lesnar destroys Goldberg and is stood there grinning like a psycho it would be great imagery.

The end of the Taker Reigns match might have that show ending potential too.

Now that we know Rollins is actually there, that is the story with the most depth and intensity for Raw. And it could end most shows. Doubt it will end Mania, but I wouldn't mind if it did because it's basically been brewing for years and has the comeback, overcome the odds stuff on top of that.

This week was the first time I felt Miz might actually beat Cena at WM. I was even hoping (even though I know his character is the one that always backs down) that he would just smash Cena in the face haha. I do hope they work the match stiff, that would complete the newer meaner Miz. But still the lingering thought is a shite over scripted ending for Cena riding off into the sunset with Nikki on Al Roker's back. If Miz wins he is set for a big year, and probably deserves this moment.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:57 pm

missed this comment Grec (and quote won't work for some reason lol)

Cena played his role perfectly. Having never watched Total Divas (honest!), I've no idea if that was his actual house, but some of the stuff Miz was saying was pretty near the knuckle. That's one thing I actuallly have a fair amount of respect for Cena, he seems pretty happy to let guys say virtually anything about him, since the first match with the Rock. What did surprise me was that the total Divas Cena is supposed to come across as not quite the lovely guy that WWE TV would have you believe, and for Miz to insinuate that him and Nikki are in separate bedrooms and the control freak aspects was a bit surprising to end on main WWE TV.

---

He does let people go in on him verbally, but he can also say anything he wants in return to make their comments about him seem like crap that haters say without reason even if there's a reason to think it, and he usually comes out on the winning end of the rivalry as compensation too lol

I don't mind Cena anyway, even if he is a total tool, that doesn't mean he didn't graft and provide a tonne of epic rivalries, more than anyone else probably ever has. (I might even watch his top rivalries feature on the network- a tonne of awesome heels have squared off vs super Cena, and none of them really suffered from working with him, as the old adage suggests. Maybe he did bury some guys? Maybe they were just the ones who weren't good enough? Who knows haha)

You know there's a Womens Revolution going on... And you're just a Pussy! - John Cena (I don't know if the internet has called him out on that yet btw haha)
Back to top Go down
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:19 am

That segment on smackdown was the best segment I've seen in a long time. From the miz doing total bell as sketch (the Daniel Bryan part, I actually lol'ed). Story building wise, this has been the best leading into wrestlemania. I hope it's a good match.

The event itself, im look My forward to it. For some reason I'm looking forward to reigns v undertaker the most. Part of me thinks roman could join up with Joe and Owens in the hhh revolution thing rumoured after mania. It's the perfect time to turn roman heel if he defeats the undertaker.

Austin Aries v Neville should be a classic in ring match. Potentially the best of the night.

Raw tag team ladder match seems to have been rushed with the inclusion of the ladder. You could of had the smackdown a women title match as a ladder match if we needed one.

I'm a bit disappointed in the women's raw title match. Think nia jazz will dominate not letting Charlotte and Sasha do the stuff they can.

Hhh v Rollins is what it is but why was there a contract signing for a non sanctioned match?

Aj v Shane will be a spot fest but Shane is a dare devil. Surprised he isn't dead.

Lesnar v Goldberg will be over before it starts. I think lesnar will 'do a Goldberg' and win in under 2 minutes.

Wyatt v or Tom will be a good match but I've not been that interested in the build up.

Rambled on a bit there sorry...
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15777 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:37 am

with Joe and Balor nnot being on the card at all I can see Joe running down to help HHH but with Balor coming for the save.

I can see Cena winning and then proposing to Nikki but before she can answer Miz and Maryse beat them down that would get some good heat for them.

Wyatt im hoping don't drop the title this early but with AJ being rumoured to be next in line then I cant see him winning.

Reigns will win think vince wants it done right like the passing the tourch but I think heel turn would be good his promo on raw was heelish in itself.

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something." - Eminem
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:57 am

I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to it or not. The matches I'm looking forward to have had the worst build (Orton / Wyatt), and the ones I think are wastes of the guys who've been brilliant all year (AJ and Miz) have had the best builds.

I hope it'll be better than last years effort, and the pictures of the stadium look awesome, but I've not yet had *that* moment where I think 'It's Wrestlemania!'.

Back to top Go down
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:33 am

I'm excited because of the night. Going round a friends house, there are 6 of us. We do a quiz, play the predictor, wear our wrestling t-shirts and drink beer. we've done it since wrestlemania 25.

While I was doing my predictor in the other thread, ive noticed that I only have Neville retaining. All the other matches have title changes...
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:24 pm

Yeah, I'm like that Grec. It's all a bit backwards haha. I'm looking forward to it, but I don't have the same buzz of this could be amazing yet.

One potential cool moment would be Balor. I originally said the only way to debut Finn Balor is with a huge budget Wrestlemania shock moment. So I'll probably mark out like a cunt if they put some effort in to that. Clean slate to do it with full production value. But I won't expect shocks, because there's always the shows post Mania to do stuff. But if they leave the HHH match until it's gone dark, the excitement will probably build.

In terms of the weekend and matches that could be awesome. There's The NXT debut of Fade to Black vs Almas who is having great matches atm. Maybe a UK match on NXT? The card was only 4 matches on the predictor game lol. The NXT tag match. The NXT womens match and the NXT championship match... The Cruiserweight match, The Raw womens match (if Nia is eliminated first, a good way to have her at Mania but turn it into a Triple threat) the SD womens match, BiG IF, if it's a Gauntlet and it's Becky vs Asuka to end it. HHH vs Rollins (if it's anything like Ambrose vs HHH but with more story and agression to it)

Not a bad bunch of matches really. Plus the stuff with Cena and Miz coming to an end, hopefully in a good way that helps Miz progress. Roman Vs Taker will be insane atmosphere and probably good. And then Brock vs Goldberg which I think will be like the first match, but Lesnar will kick out and then Down Goes Goldberg after some Heyman tactics.

I'm still not sure about the World Title match. It's felt a little cheaper than it should have. It could have been one of the best things going but I'm not feeling the hype of that unfortunately.

And I'm saving this until last. I think AJ and Shane could have a wrestling match and it might shock people (but probably not enough to really be worth it unless something else happens too)

Oh and Rollins signed a hold harmless agreement, not a contract. Non sanctioned should mean no referee as it's not a federation match, but I doubt that will be the case? But yeah the thing he signed was the storyline version of the thing Daniel Bryan wants in reality haha permission to wrestle without legal consequences in case of serious injury whilst not medically cleared
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:22 pm

The last few years, there's been that one moment that has got me hyped for it. The whole Daniel Bryan journey, Lesnar announcing he'd re-signed a couple of days before Mania 31, the stadium unveiling at 29... there's been something. This year? Nothing.

Reigns vs Taker could have been built better, AJ vs Shane will be good because AJ's in it, but unless Shane does something mental, it'll be dull. The one thing about the card that I do really like is that every match has the potential to steal the show, even Ambrose vs Corbin could be something special if they go for a ref bump and go properly hardcore.

And exactly what is a hold-harmless agreement?

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:15 am

An indemnity clause within (in this case) a current employees contract with WWE. So legally no one is responsible for any damage caused, despite the fact Seth Rollins is not medically cleared to compete (meaning extreme trauma is likely) Although to be fair, Rollins could sue for the attack on Raw, as he wasn't cleared then either hahaha or did he attack first forgoing his rights. Still don't quite know which bit is unsanctioned though lol is it a match with official referees and all important time keeping lol or a fight that can happen at any time in any place just as long as they both show up?

I even forgot Owens vs Jericho, another potentially good match. The fact they were so obviously shoved aside by the biguns killed it for me though. They litrerally shuffled out of the ring that one week to let the big boys play. It was an awful idea to do it like that. They will be motivated to do something great if they get time.

Considering Corbin got to do a spot in the build up with a forklift, you can imagine Ambrose should be allowed to plan something crazy, but not sure how this one will go, he should be teaching Corbin a lesson the way it has gone. There's potential for both to come out in a better position with it, if anyone is watching them

Yep, 100% agree on Taker. I was hoping for a few months of stalker tactics from the deadman. With Reigns doing his I ain't scared of the deadman bit, but gradually showing signs that maybe he shouldn't have bragged about eliminating Taker from the Rumble. But that would have meant character development lol. At the moment it feels a bit like they are feuding over who gets to say the word Yard until the feud ends and Reigns stops saying yard anyway. And that was The American Badass anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   

Back to top Go down

The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum-
Jump to: