HomeThe Portal!FAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Raw and Smackdown Live after Wrestlemania

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7030 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Raw and Smackdown Live after Wrestlemania    Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:23 pm

Just going to put it in bullet points in no particular order.

Raw :-

- Roman Reigns opens the show. Crowd chant numerology a chants towards him that lasts about 5 minutes. Roman simply was "this is my yard now" and leaves.

- Vince McMahon says next week on Raw there will be sure restart shake-up.

- Kurt Angle is revieled as New Raw GM

-The Revival make the Raw Debut defeating The New Day

- Kevin Owens and Samoa Joe vs Chris Jericho and Seth Rollins announced f R main event. Owens and Joe attack Jericho early in night. Kurt angle tells Seth he will find him a man rather.

- Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman come to the ring and challenge Roman Reigns. Braun Strauman come to the ring and confront Lesnar.

- Finn Balor returns to partner Seth in main event and pick up the victory.

Smackdown Live! (Sexton says watch SD before you continue in this thread)

- Tye Dillinger make Smackdown debut defeating curt Hawkins

- the miz and Maryse came to the ring mocking Cena and Bella and say they won't be seen on the again for a while

Spoiler:

- Shane McMahon addresses the superstar shake up. Inturupted by AI Styles. Styles says he wants to stay on Smackdown. Shane and aj shake hands

- Luke Harper and randy Orton defeated bray Wyatt and Eric rowan.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Number of posts : 12833

PostSubject: Re: Raw and Smackdown Live after Wrestlemania    Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:52 pm

I quite liked Roman standing taking his abuse as the start of Raw. It was pretty much Vince ribbing him and he took it well haha. Still cheesy as fuck lines they give him, but in that scenario it really worked. The chants were Thank you Taker for about 5 minutes too.

The Revival! That was a cool debut and that division is shaping up nicely.

Superstar shake up. So vague. I wonder if matches could determine anything. Or of its trades, or even a full draft.

I think the Miz segment was the best thing I've seen in wrestling in a long time. I was totally suckered in to simply enjoying his work which left me off guard
Spoiler:

At this point I freaked out and lost it haha. Perfect. So well done. A great way to end the massive Wrestlemania weekend
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Raw and Smackdown Live after Wrestlemania    Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:52 pm

Really liking Corbin vs Ambrose as a rivalry too. It could keep going with neither willing to quit fighting whether they win or lose, and get more and more intense. Then end with a no rematch clause, or loser goes home, leaves the brand.

Corbin taking some good bumps and putting his own head through a table too haha

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7030 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Raw and Smackdown Live after Wrestlemania    Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:29 pm

I'm intrigued by the superstar shake up. I'm assuming it's like a draft. Say 1 main event star swapping brands, 1 upper mid card swapping, one tag team and one women. If that's the case I could see:

AJ to Raw, Seth to Smackdown
Ambrose to Raw, Samoa Joe to Smackdown
Slater and Rhyno to Raw, Gallows and Anderson to Smackdown
Carmella to Raw, Dana Brooke to Smackdown
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Raw and Smackdown Live after Wrestlemania    Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:55 pm

If it can lead to some cool matches without destroying SD then I'm all for it being like that with trades. Hopefully it's not a too obvious a cycle of whoever succeeds on SD gets "called up" to Raw and Sami and Cesaro get dropped down to SD, for example. Because AJ for Cesaro would not be a fair trade. Trades need to be equal or as near to equal as possible taking into consideration how over someone is and their brand strength, like you say AJ and Seth is fair enough.

What I did think when watching Raw, during the Lesnar segment, was that clearly he challenged Reigns, but I didn't feel like it was done to really set a match up. My feeling was that it was just to lead people one way before a swerve, Lesnar vs Reigns is a big bastardly match up that I'd not mind seeing, but could those two be on different brands next week? At the time of Heyman's promo Vince hadn't announced anything (I don't think) but it didn't feel like a legit match set up with Reigns not coming back out.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

Number of posts : 5498

PostSubject: Re: Raw and Smackdown Live after Wrestlemania    Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:58 am

SD needs tag teams, urgently. Simon Gotch has been released, so the Vaudevillans are no more. I'd stick New Day across to SD straight away, they've faced everyone on Raw too many times and need fresh competition.

Reigns was absolutely immense. That segment is up there with Batista's silent promo from years ago in terms of just owning everything about it. I know people hate him, but in terms of owning a segment through body language alone, that was one of the best I've ever seen.

Shame Ambrose vs Corbin at Mania wasn't a streetfight. Would have been much better than what they did do.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raw and Smackdown Live after Wrestlemania    

Back to top Go down

Raw and Smackdown Live after Wrestlemania
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum-
Jump to: