What The Actual Fuck (SmackDown Talk)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Number of posts : 12833

PostSubject: Re: What The Actual Fuck (SmackDown Talk)   Tue May 02, 2017 2:10 pm

Yeah Backlash is being sold on Nakamura alone haha.

Although Mahal's momentum is actually quite good now. I am interested to see what happens, and to see how he does in a match with Orton too. They should maybe book him like "here's what Del Rio could have had if he wasn't such a spaz"

Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: What The Actual Fuck (SmackDown Talk)   Wed May 10, 2017 10:58 pm

The Fashion Police are the best thing in WWE atm haha.

I agree with JBL too, just give them carte blanche because they have that special something. It's a shame they don't have a Kurt Angle figure to work with, but in time a similar thing could happen where a more serious or less colourful character benefits from tv time with those two, ala ECK.

*Cough* Cesaro

Most decorated Champion in history

Number of posts : 5498

PostSubject: Re: What The Actual Fuck (SmackDown Talk)   Wed May 10, 2017 11:02 pm

Another great Usos promo this week, and more great stuff from Breezango. They really need to ditch that name.

Jinder pinned Orton too in the tag match. At least wwe are still going with Mahals push, I'm looking forward to seeing how Randy does with him. He has a history of pretty crap matches against new guys, so it'll be interesting to see if he's prepared to try for Jinder.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: What The Actual Fuck (SmackDown Talk)   Thu May 11, 2017 12:31 am

Randy is a stubborn sob, but maybe he has mellowed. (that's the kind of detail I'd not know though, so a good heads up. I know he's stubborn, he comes across as a bit of an ass to me, but a known history of underperforming with new guys, that next level of detail I'd miss with my history of getting bored with WWE for extended periods and not watching or taking any notice of anything)

I don't know how but Fandango is playing it really dry whilst also being a silly bitch. It works really well. I love all the detail they put into their skits, backgrounds and props too. Sympathetic to wrestling and detective noir. There is a respect to their art haha. All this from some silly side show filler, that's how you know they genuinely have... It

The Uso's too, they did the thing they did to Alpha where they made people sit up and listen. If they are on the proper show every week it will be better for it. I like the division, it just needs consistent appearances by the top 4 teams. But this week felt like a bit of a house show tour overall, but they were in the Foggy Apple and sometimes WWE does phone it in on the UK tour main shows.

I think the longest most interesting period in all of the broadcasts was talking smack and that was mostly just JBL and Ronnie chatting.

I don't know how Miz and Ambrose got so bland so quick on Raw. Last week when AJ said SD makes stars and... I shouldn't say what I want to say. Erm. Raw... takes stars (he clearly wanted to say Raw breaks stars) he was clearly right. He was really passionate too. Again that was on talking smack lol.

There's clearly something about the SD locker room, staff, something that makes people step up though. It did take a hit in the shake up, as I think people quite liked some of those who left, especially in terms of backstage morale and work ethic, but it still has it's spark. AJ is clearly one of the leaders that drives performances up, but maybe the magic touch ingrained in the whole crew. And this will mean Raw will never be able to capture what makes SD seem like a different product, most weeks. (the two main male and female matches were just shoving everyone out there awkwardly this week, which is unusual for SD, unless it's qualifiers or title matches that mean something it always seems forced, but usually SD seems free flowing and achieves weekly goals in progression) Jinder did get the pin, but if it was the usual booking it would have been it's own moment, not something that came after a barrage of other rivals rivalling at each other. SD hit it's peak with Triple threat main events or singles with commentary spots to further one rivalry and make someone else look good in the main event hanging with the others etc.

That dragged on. I don't normally like to analyse booking too much, but it stood out because it felt different to how it had done for a bit when pretty much everyone came out of each SD better off regardless of W/L
Back to top Go down
Grecian

Number of posts : 5498

PostSubject: Re: What The Actual Fuck (SmackDown Talk)   Thu May 11, 2017 8:50 am

Thing is with Orton as a top worker, there's not really anyone that he's elevated. Cena as a top-liner made Edge, Edge helped loads of guys by making them look great before beating them (there was one match years ago he made John Morrison look fantastic before beating him), Jeff Hardy made CM Punk and the number of guys Trips has made is crazy. Orton's worked with loads of emerging top-liners over the years, and none of them looked any better for it. Cody and Ted DiBiase never recovered, Kofi Kingston, Sheamus, even CM Punk looked a chump after their Mania match. Orton's not built to make new guys, so I'm not convinced on Jinder's chances at all.

Usos, New Day, Fashion Police, AA - would make for a stunning ladder match at some point...

As for SD as a whole, I'm certain it's the third hour that's killing Raw. SD has the hour less, so more can be put into writing it. There's also an absence of genuine WWE guys who you could see headlining Mania - there's Orton, Cena's a part-timer now, AJ, and that's about it. Guys like Miz, Ambrose, and anyone else has to see the gaps at the top of the card, and think 'this is my opportunity to be huge!'. That's got to be much more motivational than being on Raw and seeing Rollins, Wyatt, Balor, Lesnar, Strowman and Reigns all standing in your way.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: What The Actual Fuck (SmackDown Talk)   Thu May 11, 2017 8:11 pm

Yeah, they do have the underdog mentality on SD. This could be good for SZ, he must be thinking if he gets a good few months of solid work he could be facing Nakamura, AJ, KO at the top end of the card, rather than whatever he did on Raw when it wasn't the Owens rivalry.

When you say those 4 names you can't help but think SD is like an ultimate NXT. Raw has Rollins and Balor, but they are sharing time with part timers, the "real heavyweights" and Raw booking. Rollins is well in with the company, but he could easily get really boring, face or heel he has the same drawn out boring style of promo (I kind of think he is boring anyway - apart from matches where he can do basically anything, the NXT invasion for HHH and working with Ambrose were my favourite Seth times really, the rest is all quite safe and samey, even when working with Jericho at his heel peak ffs lol)

Quick little article on The Fashion Police http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2708548-fresh-blood-of-breezango-will-define-future-of-wwe-smackdown-tag-team-division

Embrace the silliness is damn right. We pretty much covered how those two have everything a wrestler needs to be a catalyst to a division and a show, but it's nice to see a credible article on them.

Again I'll say it, they are like E+C, and that goes way further than just what they can do themselves, it's what they could inspire from others like Edge and Christian did. Just Ask Kurt, Austin, Foley or even Vince. I think Series 2 of their network show is actually coming up soon, and I would guess Breeze and Dango will be on it a fair bit (I think E+C actually did a detective skit last year come to think of it, where they would interrogate wrestlers, hmm haha) And hopefully Kurt is reunited with them this year as much as possible
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What The Actual Fuck (SmackDown Talk)   

Back to top Go down

What The Actual Fuck (SmackDown Talk)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum-
Jump to: