View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

Number of posts : 12915

PostSubject: Great Balls Of Fire   Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:51 pm

???

It's not April first. But WWE have still announced Lesnar to defend his title at the Great Balls of Fire PPV

What???
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history

Number of posts : 5556

PostSubject: Re: Great Balls Of Fire   Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:28 pm

It's the July PPV that was Bad Blood. Possibly the worst PPV name ever!

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Great Balls Of Fire   Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:04 pm

Unless it becomes Great Balls of DELETION, I can't watch that shit out of principle.

It's not just bad, it doesn't even sound like a bad PPV name. How would anyone get even a slight hint at it being a fight event. Armageddon, Bad Blood, Payback, Backlash, Survivor Series, Battleground etc etc all have some kind of meaning in regards to a battle of some kind.

Redd Pepper won't touch that shit either, or WWE's in house version of him. Props to anyone who can record the voiceover promo without dying of laughter or shame

Brock Lesnar puts it all on the line, it's going to get hot, it's going to get round, it's going to be... Great. Balls. Of. Fire.

???

Last edited by Sexton Hardcastle on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Great Balls Of Fire   Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:08 pm

WWE stock has dropped for the first time I've noticed in a long time.

Coincidence? haha

PostSubject: Re: Great Balls Of Fire   Wed May 10, 2017 10:59 pm

Braun Strowman is now injured and out for a couple of months, which takes out the most likely challenger for Brock.

Any shouts for who replaces him? I'm hoping that they avoid going with Roman, and choose someone new. I'd love to see Brock vs Samoa Joe, that's be awesome.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Great Balls Of Fire   Wed May 10, 2017 11:25 pm

I thought they would go the Joe route a while back anyway. But his momentum died on it's arse. (if HHH wants the title holder to be on the show every week, that could be a start point. and there's old HHH v Lesnar tension in the archives to build something on)

From what I gather Heyman and Lesnar can pretty much pick Brock's matches. So with that in mind, who would they see as worthy? I think Brock would respect Joe, but WWE would have to decide quick and pull the trigger on what is in reality a veteran worker, credible submission expert and striker, and someone who looks and sounds like a real bad dude. What could be the downside?

Rollins would be kept away I guess.

I wish they could do something good with Sheamus or Cesaro. They have been working their asses off to find a place for themselves. The lingering tag demise into heel turn to fill The Revival's spot means they are a bit stuck. The heel run could actually launch them as credible threats to any man by chance, but it will take time. But in theory Sheamus can boot anyone, Cesaro can lift/throw anyone, and they aren't any more left field than Mahal are they haha. Give one a chance, see if they make the most of it?

I'd like to see Cesaro throwing Brock about one day, but this is WWE, so it's unlikely he will ever get enough of a push.

The best thing for WWE is this is a garbage PPV anyway. They can get away with a less traditional match up. There is nothing to compare it to, so even if someone fails it's low risk. But someone getting a fill in push could grab the chance and make a name for themselves .

My outside bet is Rusev. Depending on how relevant his SD story is planned to be, like if he is set to win the WWE Title at MitB or not. He is holding out on Shane, so other offers could tempt him in that story.

Wyatt can't really start anything with Brock because Brock can't fear Wyatt, or won't want to sell a fear of Wyatt. And Wyatt needs his opponents to have that.

It can't be Roman because that has to be saved for a proper PPV.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Great Balls Of Fire   Thu May 11, 2017 8:42 am

Aye, same with Balor too - the Demon vs Brock needs to be saved for something big.

I'd be happy with Sheamus or Joe, to be honest. As it is a shitty PPV (with a terrible name!), all WWE has to do is bring Trips back to seek revenge on Rollins for that show to sell it, then put Brock against whomever. I wouldn't be too averse to Dean Ambrose again either, but I suspect his comments about Brock on the Austin podcast may have ended that already.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Great Balls Of Fire   Thu May 11, 2017 9:47 am

I think if that match happened Dean might get a broken everything, but I wouldn't mind a match with genuine tension if everyone actually behaved for the sake of putting on a good show.

The best, and worst thing about Ambrose is he can start a rivalry at any moment with anyone. Usually this means he gets weird transitions and it looks like he doesn't care when he's lost, but with a Lesnar, he could just do the interview Schtick he's been doing and piss off Lesnar/Heyman enough to get himself a title shot, and maybe not seem as stupid a character as he sometimes does. He is at his best when it looks like he has an actual plan, despite being the lunatic. I do in part think WWE buried him with Rollins push as the brains of the Shield. Ambrose was always the glue and the one who looked like he knew what the overall message of the group was and he needs that element back, he needs a cause to fight for.

PostSubject: Re: Great Balls Of Fire   Thu May 11, 2017 4:01 pm

Totally agree about Ambrose. I did always think he'd be the guy who got 'forgotten' about when the Shield split, but he's a guy I could believe would be stupid enough to take on Lesnar, he plays a lunatic who doesn't back down from a scrap. You could even bring his wife into it, have Heyman tear a strip off her backstage, have Ambrose step in to stand up for her, and go from there.

As a slight sidetrack, what if he issued an open challenge for anyone to face him at the July PPV (I'm not typing that name!), and AJ Styles came out? That would be enough to sell any PPV...

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Great Balls Of Fire   Thu May 11, 2017 6:36 pm

I always thought Ambrose was clearly the best actor, the best character and the one with depth to his potential, and also the "wrestlers wrestler" type, but after the Shield he got the worst downgrade in image and style really. The one guy who should have kept on as a mercenary type was him. He can be Scott Hall levels of cool, but the one dimensional vest and jeans guy who fights every night is a big hindrance. Instantly if you "fight every night" as a character you devalue all your bigger fights as the same level of importance for one. Austin didn't back down, but he was a one man rampage and didn't have lots of televised matches at his peak. Ambrose is too useful though, he really will turn up and work anywhere because he genuinely wants to. But at some point he has to be more than that guy who can work anywhere with anyone. Right now he needs to be hunter rather than hunted too. Unless they change the way he is booked as a champion to be so mad that it's genuinely a risk to your health to face him for the belt. That would also mean any challenger is seen as more ballsy, and the belt more of a prize if the risk is high and you still want to go for it.

I think Styles is just on a slow build to Summerslam. Although it's maybe a toss up between AJ and Nakamura for the SD main event there. One of those two should be main eventing every SD effort, but most importantly the Joint PPV's is where you imagine they will get to shine the most.

Maybe Titus will be fed to Brock for angering Vince again haha.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid

PostSubject: Re: Great Balls Of Fire   Sun May 14, 2017 11:32 am

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2709402-dean-ambroses-credibility-has-been-crushed-by-lackluster-wwe-championship-runs

We are always ahead of the curve lol. "You want my title. Try. See what happens" easiest development of a character available to WWE right now is the Lunatic deciding he wants to keep hold of his championship a little more. (it's not all on Dean though, AJ won via a nut shot, and they could have had him stick with that feud for longer, but he "got distracted" by another rivalry. It's okay for WWE to think he's not top teir, but the booking post title matches is making sure he stays that way.

PostSubject: Re: Great Balls Of Fire   

Back to top Go down

Great Balls Of Fire
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum-
Jump to: